Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN and a Juniper Firewall
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN and a Juniper Firewall

I have this scenario where I need to allow VPN access to the VLAN that is managed by a Juniper Firewall. Now this firewall comes with IPSEC and 2 licenses for dynamic vpn, but I have more than 2 users that need VPN access.

I was thinking on deploying a VM inside the VLAN, being either a plain Linux with OpenVPN server or something like pfSense which has a gui for OpenVPN.

Would you go with a different solution?

Comments

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

I would rather go with the Dynamic VPN. Licenses for example for five users are not that expensive. We use a load of SRX's for ourself and some customers, it just works and has been proven as reliable over the past two years.

• @combahton_it said:
    I would rather go with the Dynamic VPN. Licenses for example for five users are not that expensive. We use a load of SRX's for ourself and some customers, it just works and has been proven as reliable over the past two years.

Do you have the prices? I have looked around but all I get is a PDF full of specs and no price.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Your Juniper partner should be the first point of contact for the licenses, they can usually do it cheaper :)

Thanked by 1Hxxx