Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vpn client on vps server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vpn client on vps server

Anyone can help me with using vpn client on vps server? The connection to the server disconnects when i connect to vpn. Ive tried noip service to make the host name change but seems it havent worked when using vpn,

Comments

• The VPN client is likely routing all traffic via the VPN. Some clients you can configure to allow traffic outside the VPN, so you can still use the VPS IP address to remote in. Otherwise, the VPN will need to be capable of port forwarding, and you can access the VPS through the VPN's external IP address and forwarded port.

• @storm said:
    The VPN client is likely routing all traffic via the VPN. Some clients you can configure to allow traffic outside the VPN, so you can still use the VPS IP address to remote in. Otherwise, the VPN will need to be capable of port forwarding, and you can access the VPS through the VPN's external IP address and forwarded port.

you got any suggestions for any vpn clients that would allow me to connect to my server with the servers own ip even while on vpn connection on the server

• We recommend to use OpenVPN with your VPN. If its disconnects . Check the logs for more details.

• Nice @Daverno companion. )

• DavernoDaverno Member
    edited October 2018

@Hukin said:
    Nice @Daverno companion. )

Dosent have any connection with me, maybe it's you creating troll account, admins please check ip mails etc even the account is named trolli

• Daverno said: Daverno

Lol. Nickname match your both ) You start from satisfactions about you not served well by LET and call this community shitty, but still make sounds.)

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2018

I confirmed it is not @daverno account. Please take your love for each other to a hotel room. @Hukin

• PieNotEvenEaten said: I confirmed it is not @daverno account. Please take your love for each other to a hotel room.

If they touch some senses )

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@Hukin Well you can touch one another over pm's for all I care. Keep the school yard shit out the threads.

• An LXC container would allow you to lxc-attach -n containername without SSH.

• PieNotEvenEaten said: Well you can touch one another over pm's for all I care. Keep the school yard shit out the threads.

:smiley:

• @trolli96 said:

@storm said:
    The VPN client is likely routing all traffic via the VPN. Some clients you can configure to allow traffic outside the VPN, so you can still use the VPS IP address to remote in. Otherwise, the VPN will need to be capable of port forwarding, and you can access the VPS through the VPN's external IP address and forwarded port.

you got any suggestions for any vpn clients that would allow me to connect to my server with the servers own ip even while on vpn connection on the server

You need to make iproute commands in your client up/down files (I've googled and found these instructions in the past). What this will do, is if a connection comes in over the public ip instead of the VPN IP, it will send replies back out the same public interface instead of out VPN interface, bypassing VPN.

And make sure SSH is running on 0.0.0.0 or you main nic.