Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostDoc Custom Offer | Mindblowing Benchmarks
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostDoc Custom Offer | Mindblowing Benchmarks

I was very hesitant to post this review, as you know after seeing these benchmarks people might flock in and destroy my current VPS performance, even though am kinda sure they don't oversell a node.

I've been testing their VPS rigorously for like 5 days continuously, at last decided to post a review to the heck of it.

Anyways as usual, let's jump straight into the benchmark results.

The specs are as shown below.

Specs

KVM - Virtualizor
3GB Ram
2 vCores - Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 @ 3.70 Ghz
30GB Nvme Storage
1Gbps uplink (very stable as tested so far)
Custom ISOs allowed
Unmetered bandwith (Upto 200TB as they mentioned, they even allow upto 310TB before they intervene)
Location - France/Germany

Geekbench

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/10284499 - Debian 9 Linux (5091 single core)

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/10287812 - Windows 2016 r2 (4587 single core)

nench

nench.sh v2018.04.14 -- https://git.io/nench.sh

benchmark timestamp: 2018-10-15 17:37:55 UTC

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 v6 @ 3.70GHz
CPU cores: 2
Frequency: 3696.008 MHz
RAM: 2.9G
Swap: -
Kernel: Linux 4.9.0-4-amd64 x86_64

Disks:
vda 30G HDD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
2.335 seconds
CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
3.906 seconds
CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
0.893 seconds

ioping: seek rate
min/avg/max/mdev = 63.1 us / 184.6 us / 1.33 ms / 51.4 us
ioping: sequential read speed
generated 9.67 k requests in 5.00 s, 2.36 GiB, 1.93 k iops, 483.3 MiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
1st run: 621.80 MiB/s
2nd run: 624.66 MiB/s
3rd run: 585.56 MiB/s
average: 610.67 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
your IPv4: 145.239.233.xxxx

Cachefly CDN:         20.31 MiB/s
Leaseweb (NL):        97.64 MiB/s
Softlayer DAL (US):   11.89 MiB/s
Online.net (FR):      49.35 MiB/s
OVH BHS (CA):         14.79 MiB/s

No IPv6 connectivity detected

Their support is by far the best, I've had multiple requests like getting rDNS set, some ISO related issues to be sorted and other stuffs, all I had to do was ping 'em via their Live Chat. Mostly they are 24/7 online. Never had to open a support ticket in this 5 days period.

Thanked by 1HostDoc

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Mindblowing? No, normal results.

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • @Neoon said:

Checkout the single core performance lol, I've been trying lots of VPS providers recently none of them exceeded the 5k mark while benchmarking. From Hetzner CX 21 to this(4-5 in-between).

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2018

@ShihabSoft said:

@Neoon said:

Checkout the single core performance lol, I've been trying lots of VPS providers recently none of them exceeded the 5k mark while benchmarking. From Hetzner CX 21 to this(4-5 in-between).

My 512mb 1 core looking glass servers get better. You just need to find a host with fast CPUs. https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/10354114 (no, your benchmarks aren't bad at all, and considering they will allow you to max out 1gbps 24/7/365 it is an excellent deal if true)

• I hope they pay good

• Shill much?

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • @MikeA said:

@ShihabSoft said:

@Neoon said:

My 512mb 1 core looking glass servers get better. You just need to find a host with fast CPUs. https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/10354114 (no, your benchmarks aren't bad at all, and considering they will allow you to max out 1gbps 24/7/365 it is an excellent deal if true)

So far I've wasted over 70+ GB, no speed hiccups ever I've faced, ya as I mentioned it was just like 5 days of usage, I am yet to check them out in the long run.

Btw the benchmark you've given, I don't know if your Looking Glass is on a dedicated node with less neighbours or some sort. As they told me they allow upto 32 clients per node, so am kinda of in the last batch and yet got these results.

If you've checked one of my recent review of OMGServ, they provide i7 6700k 4.20 GHz and that didn't touch the 5k mark.

So yeah, for me this one I've tested so far, it serves the best. Hopefully it stays the same too.

@quick @AlyssaD

I am in no way associated with them or getting paid by them for reviews, I've been reviewing different company VPSes from Hetzner to this for like the past whole week, you could check out my profile. Just posted a review, so that some fellow LET'ers could get benefit of their services.

Thanked by 1HostDoc

@ShihabSoft said:
    Btw the benchmark you've given, I don't know if your Looking Glass is on a dedicated node with less neighbours or some sort. As they told me they allow upto 32 clients per node, so am kinda of in the last batch and yet got these results

Nah, it is on a nearly-full system with about 25 other KVM VPS. All of my looking glass servers are on the normal shared KVM systems.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Did somebody say, "mindblowing"?

• @MikeA said:

@ShihabSoft said:
    Btw the benchmark you've given, I don't know if your Looking Glass is on a dedicated node with less neighbours or some sort. As they told me they allow upto 32 clients per node, so am kinda of in the last batch and yet got these results

Nah, it is on a nearly-full system with about 25 other KVM VPS. All of my looking glass servers are on the normal shared KVM systems.

Wow that looks like a great benchmark then.

Could you please do a price match, I am so intrigued to get one if you do that. Please DM me if you do.

• @AlyssaD said:
    Shill much?

Nah!

• deankdeank Member, Troll

My mind has been blown away.

Thus, the end is nigh.

@ShihabSoft said:

Could you please do a price match, I am so intrigued to get one if you do that. Please DM me if you do.

doubt it, their plans are about 50% cheaper, and since you have a custom offer from them it is probably even better -- for what your benchmark showed you have a great deal if it's under $5

• @MikeA said:

@ShihabSoft said:

doubt it, their plans are about 50% cheaper, and since you have a custom offer from them it is probably even better -- for what your benchmark showed you have a great deal if it's under $5

It's just a bit above the 5$ range. Please PM me if you could do a counter offer, I'd love to give your service a try, as I heard a lots of good reviews

• sinsin Member

Cool, glad you like your new VPS :-) and thank you for the review. Is HostDoc a new company?

• Thanks @ShihabSoft
    I'd have to agree with @Neoon in that it is not mindblowing but I am extremely happy you are happy on the VPS.
    I'm sure you would have noticed a difference in performance between the NVMe node (DE) and the HDD (UK) hence why you probably did not bring it up.
    Anyway, thanks, we truely appreciate it.

@AlyssaD said:
    Shill much?

Err no, he forced us into an unsustainable deal but as the limit was nearly reached on the node, we eventually agreed to it.

@sin said:
    Cool, glad you like your new VPS :-) and thank you for the review. Is HostDoc a new company?

Yes, we are still new having just celebrated our first anniversary.

Thanked by 1ShihabSoft
  • @HostDoc we hope we won't force you out of business :/ hhehe

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end could be near.

Thanked by 1Dedispec