Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GSuite for only certain email boxes?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GSuite for only certain email boxes?

I have 10 email addresses on my cPanel hosting. I'd like to use GSuite, but I don't need all 10 inboxes on GSuite. Is it possible to have like, 2 email addresses on GSuite and the other 8 on my regular cPanel hosting?

Comments

• ActavusActavus Member
    edited October 2018

1) Ensure the following link describes what your trying to accomplish.
    (Since you were vague on how you plan on using the 2 email address)
    https://support.google.com/a/answer/7502379?hl=en

2) Create a GSuite account.

3) Add a secondary domain on the following GSuite Page
    admin.google.com/YOUR_GSUITE_DOMAIN/AdminHome?hl=en#Domains:

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

No, that's not easily possible because you'd have 2 different mail servers for a domain. Most of the mail would go to the highest priority mail server in your MX records. If that's GSuite and an email comes to one of the other 8 addresses, then it'd bounce because that address doesn't exist.

If you're just after the Gmail interface for email, then you can get a free Gmail account and use the fetch mail/send as function of Gmail to both grab & send email from the cPanel server.

If you don't need separate inboxes you could also just move to GSuite and then setup a bunch of forwarders for the other addresses.

• @Harambe said:
    No, that's not easily possible because you'd have 2 different mail servers for a domain. Most of the mail would go to the highest priority mail server in your MX records. If that's GSuite and an email comes to one of the other 8 addresses, then it'd bounce because that address doesn't exist.

If you're just after the Gmail interface for email, then you can get a free Gmail account and use the fetch mail/send as function of Gmail to both grab & send email from the cPanel server.

If you don't need separate inboxes you could also just move to GSuite and then setup a bunch of forwarders for the other addresses.

Harambe is right.
    I misread and assumed you had 10 different inboxes each using a separate domain.

• Thanks for the replies guys. What a bummer. I love Gmail's spam filtering (cPanel sucks at this) and not having to deal with blacklists. I'll have to see how I'll reduce the number of inboxes, or I'll have to stay with cPanel hosting for now.

• I was surfing through GSuite's help docs and it seems like I could setup split/dual routing: Set up routing for your domain or organization

Will look into this.

• You can use cloud identity free edition for SSO and other Google services if a user at your domain doesn't require full GSuite. GSuite supports aliases btw but if it's 10 real people $5/mo a user is a steal vs some nasty prehistoric cpanel setup to manage your confidential business emails.

• @wiggl3 said:
    I was surfing through GSuite's help docs and it seems like I could setup split/dual routing: Set up routing for your domain or organization

Will look into this.

Can confirm this works. Its what I do when clients require both GSuite and on-premise options in 1 domain.

• You can always setup forwarding from your cpanel to send all email from certain inbox, into certain email gmail.

And in gmail you can also send email as another email account via SMTP.

In this case, you don't even need to have gsuite, and still using gmail interface to receive and send email us