Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Managed dedicated/colo provider recommendation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Managed dedicated/colo provider recommendation

dccdcc Member, Host Rep
edited October 2018 in General

Looking to host a few websites somewhere in USA or Canada. Either dedicated or colo (in this case I'd ship two identical servers, one to be reserved as hot swap).

Basically I need the provider to proactively monitor these websites and react within 30 minutes in case something goes down OR if performance degrades etc, and be able to fix w/o having to wake me up, then send me an email outlining what happened & what was done to resolve (if anything) - in other words, document all actions taken.

This must be very reliable and proactive service (in other words, 'cpanel server management company' is not suitable).

Any recommendations?

Comments

• hzrhzr Member

assuming very much not low end pricing, NYI will probably do this in the US

Thanked by 1dcc
  • dccdcc Member, Host Rep

@hzr you are correct, not aiming at low end pricing. Who's NYI?

• hzrhzr Member

https://www.nyi.net/

I don't think having the provider monitor your websites is the best idea; you might want your own third party monitoring from outside the network that will just cc their NOC/emergency email/etc when triggered

Thanked by 1dcc
  • @hzr said:
    https://www.nyi.net/

I don't think having the provider monitor your websites is the best idea; you might want your own third party monitoring from outside the network that will just cc their NOC/emergency email/etc when triggered

That is a good idea. I'm using uptimerobot. You can get alerts on email or on app on phone.

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

look at pingdom.com

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@dcc @Ernie at dedipath can help you with colo at Psychz, LA facility.

• check offer section and read reviews to find good managed dedicated server provider on LET.

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

We do this as a standard with all of our managed services, both VPS and dedicated servers. If you would like to colo, we can offer it as an add on at an additional fee. Feel free to reach out to me to discuss.

Thanked by 1dcc
  • i miss those xvmlabs :( , had 3 xvmlabs with $2.99/yearly IIRC, with 4-8 IPv4 each. wonder if any customers dont renew, hopefully @dcc could give a hint.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@creep said:
    i miss those xvmlabs :( , had 3 xvmlabs with $2.99/yearly IIRC, with 4-8 IPv4 each. wonder if any customers dont renew, hopefully @dcc could give a hint.

Pump scheme for IP allocations - those days are long gone.

• @Clouvider said:

@creep said:
    i miss those xvmlabs :( , had 3 xvmlabs with $2.99/yearly IIRC, with 4-8 IPv4 each. wonder if any customers dont renew, hopefully @dcc could give a hint.

Pump scheme for IP allocations - those days are long gone.

so xvmlabs is gone?