Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slice now a thing?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Slice now a thing?

Seems like someone has been faster to kickstart a "Slice" than @Francisco :O
So while playing around with my raspberry Pi I found this project of a home media center someone worked on based on a Pi: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fiveninjas/slice-a-media-player-and-more and oddly enough it got "Slice" written all over it.

It's an interesting project and also shows how to DIY in case you want to skip or exempt some parts. I for one wouldn't need that expensive a setup for my use case to run a home media center but it's still an interesting approach to things imho. Check it out, I guess..

..... that is before @Francisco sues them for using "Slice" ;)

Comments

• hzrhzr Member

Ympker said: sues them for using "Slice" ;)

Slicehost sold slices over a decade ago.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2018

@hzr said:

Ympker said: sues them for using "Slice" ;)

Slicehost sold slices over a decade ago.

nvm lol^^

• My local pizzeria sold slices before there was an Internet, so there.

• Sites like kickstarter are run by scam artists.

http://www2.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/homeless-again-johnny-bobbitt-cant-get-his-gofundme-money-20180823.html

People whom "Pledge" their money to kickstarter's project are either an idiot or filthy rich.

• @Chuck said:
    Sites like kickstarter are run by scam artists.

http://www2.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/homeless-again-johnny-bobbitt-cant-get-his-gofundme-money-20180823.html

People whom "Pledge" their money to kickstarter's project are either an idiot or filthy rich.

Why you blame kickstarter when that issue is on GoFundMe site ?

It's like saying all Americans are morons, when the only moron is Trump.

• People in India sells mango juice in a bottle and calls it slice.. a women shows small tits and advertises that.

Francisco should seu them all. Big bucks waiting for FREE.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Tumbleguy1 said:
    People in India sells mango juice in a bottle and calls it slice.. a women shows small tits and advertises that.

Francisco should seu them all. Big bucks waiting for FREE.

That's what I'm saying. If Francisco wanted he could sue the whole world ;)

• @Chuck said:

Or maybe they are super duper mega smart, and actually have a thorough look at the project and the people behind it, and then guess/extrapolate if the project will fly before giving away money?
    This reminds me of crypto currencies or the stock market. If you got raped, you've most probably done it wrong. Investing isn't a casual couch activity. You have to think.

@donli said:
    My local pizzeria sold slices before there was an Internet, so there.

Sorry for being off-topic, but this as been bugging me for years:
    Why do SLICES of pizza, and pizza-sharing seem to be a thing in the US? I mean why on earth do people in the land of the fat, where all meals are oversized, actually buy a tiny single SLICE of pizza for almost the price of a complete pizza? And if multiple people are hungry, why do they always buy like 1 pizza for 5 people?

Is it a tradition of some sort? Is pizza not seen as a real meal, but just as a little snack between meals? Is pizza in the US horribly overpriced?

• donlidonli Member
    edited October 2018

@that_guy said:

Is it a tradition of some sort? Is pizza not seen as a real meal, but just as a little snack between meals? Is pizza in the US horribly overpriced?

It's that full pies at 16" in diameter are rather big.

Thanked by 2Tumbleguy1 that_guy
  • donlidonli Member
    edited October 2018

(inadvertant dupe deleted)

• @donli said:

@that_guy said:

It's that full pies at 16" in diameter are rather big.

@Francisco

Save that slice!

• Thanked by 1that_guy