Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefox monitor. A projct to monitor if your email was leaked (+other details)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Firefox monitor. A projct to monitor if your email was leaked (+other details)

This is cool, Mozilla partnered with haveibeenpwned.com to create a monitor to continuously monitor if your email is involved in any data breach.

Comments

• oh great $7

• It seems rather pointless since haveibeenpwned.com already offers this......

• @gol3m said:
    It seems rather pointless since haveibeenpwned.com already offers this......

It's not yet integrated directly into your browser though!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2018

https://haveibeenpwned.com/ works. And as a plus side it's not by Mozilla, who are not to be trusted these days.

• @CyberMonday said:

@gol3m said:

Firefox Monitor is not integrated into Firefox. It's just a website.

I found out on golem.de that the difference is that Firefox Monitor retreives a range of hashes, not a single hash, meaning haveibeenpwned does not see your email address and does not know which hash was accessed in particular.

Hence, "trusting" Mozilla instead of HIBP to perform this check is the only difference. Don't you think the resources for this would have been spent better on literally anything else?

The whole service seems pointless in the first place. My 000webhost and kimsufi forum logins were hacked, but of course I already knew that because they told me and it was in the news.

• @gol3m said:

@CyberMonday said:

@gol3m said:

Firefox Monitor is not integrated into Firefox. It's just a website.