Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[REVIEW] - VMhaus - 3 months
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[REVIEW] - VMhaus - 3 months

This is the first time I've ever given a review about anything in my life. The VMHAUS Team has really gone above and beyond for me. I had a massive DDOS attack on my wordpress website, which made them shut my server down. While this may not sound like anything great, let me advise you that I have been with Digital Ocean before and they usually delete your entire server without being able to recover anything, I've also been with UPcloud and those guys would allow the DDOS to happen and charge your account for the bandwidth that's used. Some idiot was trying to use the wp-admin of our wordpress site to get in but wordfence kept blocking them, I forgot to set a ipblock for retry attempts but I digress.

Their bonsai platform makes it easy for newbies like myself to launch instances within seconds, everything is pre-configured to give you the best performance and speed. My website loads like butter, however, it's a couple ms slower due to the integration of cloudflare. I've always thought that cloudflare boosts site speed :/ still it's not really that noticeable.

So let's talk about what happened with the attack on my site, once vmhaus shut me down, they notified me of the issue and then re-enabled the vps so I can retrieve all my files, HOW FREAKING COOL IS THAT?!?!?!?! That was a total game changer for me, usually I'm hit with higher fees or deleted instances but not these guys. It made me feel like they actually cared about me! Sadly, I have to remap my domains to a new ip but that's ok because they gave me the ability to continue where I left off.

Their pricing is great as well, the $7 monthly package is a sweet deal as I'm running roughly 15 sites with no lag or latency in the slightest and I'm sure I can pack more sites into it.

1 request that I have is that it'll be a nice option if users could launch wordpress instantly via bonsai. Currently I'm using webuzo, which is great as well.

In closing, I'd just like to advise that if you're a semi-techy like me then vmhaus would make your vps dreams easy to achieve. Their security is great, speed is awesome, performance is top notch and you get retrievable files :) :) :) :)

Visit their site and buy a package now https://vmhaus.com

P.S. This is not a paid review.

Comments

• @stephfd21 said:

I am convinced

Thanked by 2MasonR realbusiness
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2018

@quick said:

@stephfd21 said:

I am convinced

I am more convinced

• @armandorg said:

@quick said:

@stephfd21 said:

I am convinced

I am more convinced

Meh, should've left that out. It's the truth though, when my server went down I thought I was done for but they really stepped up and helped me out. It felt geniune!

• I thought that was standard procedure for most hosts...?

• @FlamesRunner said:
    I thought that was standard procedure for most hosts...?

If that's the standard procedure then someone should tell the guys over at DO and upcloud

• stephfd21 said: once vmhaus shut me down, they notified me of the issue and then re-enabled the vps so I can retrieve all my files, HOW FREAKING COOL IS THAT?!?!?!?!

Not particularly cool to be honest. I would expect that to be normal. Sounds like there was more to the DO story also, I can't see them killing every account that encounters DDoS. @Jar?

You clearly have issues, multiple attacks and moving to providers that offer no protection.

• I'm almost a year with vmhaus. Very pleased with the service.

• @Lee said:

stephfd21 said: once vmhaus shut me down, they notified me of the issue and then re-enabled the vps so I can retrieve all my files, HOW FREAKING COOL IS THAT?!?!?!?!

Not particularly cool to be honest. I would expect that to be normal. Sounds like there was more to the DO story also, I can't see them killing every account that encounters DDoS. @Jar?

You clearly have issues, multiple attacks and moving to providers that offer no protection.

Hey, I'm not trying to bash DO, what I'm saying is yes I do have issues, I even have another post here on frequent DDOS attacks that I was receiving. However I believe they were getting my ip address for the server via my email. Which i mitigated when I bought a package from jarland/mxroute. However, this time someone was trying to get in via the wordpress login which caused a spike in bandwidth. I'm not correlating this type of attack with DO. I am saying that DO once shut down my entire server and I was unable to retrieve files. VMhaus basically did the same thing but allowed me to get back those files. I didn't know this was industry standard, it felt new to me. Damn, I was even planning on doing an mxroute review to talk about how they helped me out as well.

• stephfd21stephfd21 Member
    edited September 2018

Also, with regards to jumping from provider to provider, please let me clear that up!
    I started off with shared hosting and realized that speeds were slow. I believe my provider was mocha-host. I went to youtube and found out about digital ocean and how fast their service was for wordpress so I purchased a droplet, everything was great till the attack and I couldn't recover my files so I went in search for a provider that would give me roughly the same service.

There were many reviews online but on upcloud's site, they state how great their max iops technology is and how much faster it is to have a vps with them. I contacted their support before buying and they stated that they wont shut down my vps if there was a vps attack, what they didnt advise is that I would have to bare the cost of it. I then searched for vps providers with ddos protection and I stumbled onto ovh and vmhaus (thanks to LET). I made the purchase with VMhaus because they had a US Location and its closer to me (Trinidad and Tobago, Caribbean) than the ovh servers.

Don't think for a second that I'm just hopping around trying to find a flaw in everyone's service with my buggy setup. Quite frankly I have no idea why I'm targeted, my fricking sites aren't even live and I live on a little island. VMHaus and MXRoute has helped me out of a shit street that I have no idea how I even got in.

• I have 3 of the VMHaus VPS servers - one monthly, 2 yearly. Super happy with all of them. Nice, fast, reliable. Can not beat clouvider network for that price :-)

• @stephfd21

If you care about your files, you take off site backups.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @stephfd21

If you care about your files, you take off site backups.

Yup, learned my lesson.

• stephfd21 said: Yup, learned my lesson.

If only everyone learnt that lesson so quickly...

• @Lee said:

stephfd21 said: Yup, learned my lesson.

I think most people tend to blame their service provides instead of themselves. However, not only did I learn my lesson but vmhaus gave me a 2nd chance as well :)

• @Lee said:

stephfd21 said: Yup, learned my lesson.

I learnt the lesson and use blogspot.now I can sleep at night, Feel free to DDOS my website.

Thanked by 1Lee