Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What SMTP Email Provider Do you Use?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What SMTP Email Provider Do you Use?

Hi all, straight to the point.

what smtp email provider do you use, previosly i use MailGun for years.
then i register second account for new website, then i got logs that says:
"Free accounts are for test purposes only. Please upgrade or add the address to authorized recipients in Account Settings."
that im not get on old account.

so what smtp email provider do you use right now? this my requirement.
1. good delivery, more than 95%
2. free or cheap for 10k-15k email.
3. have API and well documented.
4. support laravel and other.

before you ask, im not use for spamming purpose, i have website with Laravel as service and planning use with WHMCS too.

so what provider do you use and what do you recomend.
thanks

Thanked by 1Jack1001

Comments

• Amazon SES or SparkPost

• @ben1390 said:
    Amazon SES or SparkPost

amazon ses for $1/10k email is cheap, how about email delivery?
    and will check out sparkpost too.

• I've found the delivery to be really good.

• M66BM66B Veteran
    edited September 2018

Be aware that Sparkpost will suspend your account on the very first spam complaint, so if somebody, accidentally or not, reported a message as spam, your message flow will immedialtely stop. You can contact Sparkpost to explain it was an accident and they will likely enable your account again, but that can take some time.

Thanked by 1andiklive
  • Most of the time I use Sendgrid. Also Mailchannels.

Thanked by 1andiklive
  • Depending of your daily usage, for free take a look on Mailjet.

• @andiklive said:
    "Free accounts are for test purposes only. Please upgrade or add the address to authorized recipients in Account Settings."

If you're happy with MailGun you can simply add a credit card to your account. Only being able to send to authorized recipients should then go away and it will behave in the same way as your legacy account(s).

"Why do we need a credit card for a free account? It helps us prevent spammers from signing up, which means better deliverability for you and everyone else. You won’t be charged unless you go beyond 10,000 emails and 100 validations each month."

Thanked by 1andiklive
  • I'm happy with mxroute but don't know if it supports the features you mention.

Thanked by 1andiklive
  • @M66B said:
    Be aware that Sparkpost will suspend your account on the very first spam complaint, so if somebody, accidentally or not, reported a message as spam, your message flow will immedialtely stop. You can contact Sparkpost to explain it was an accident and they will likely enable your account again, but that can take some time.

is that true, i need another option then. also its cant use for main domain, only support subdomain after im register.

@imok said:
    Most of the time I use Sendgrid. Also Mailchannels.

its out of my budget, i dont that much. may be on future will consider it, thanks for suggestion.

@ma2t said:
    Depending of your daily usage, for free take a look on Mailjet.

will take a lokk mailjet. thanks

• @R3x said:
    If you're happy with MailGun you can simply add a credit card to your account. Only being able to send to authorized recipients should then go away and it will behave in the same way as your legacy account(s).

"Why do we need a credit card for a free account? It helps us prevent spammers from signing up, which means better deliverability for you and everyone else. You won’t be charged unless you go beyond 10,000 emails and 100 validations each month."

is that true, i'll add my CC then, its true it'll not charged if not send more than 10k/m email. i dont know that, will try it. thanks

@willie said:
    I'm happy with mxroute but don't know if it supports the features you mention.

still have Mxroute services like years, i forgot the plans but its on blackfriday. got email like months ago back, that they change email delivery or something, like mailchannels, but will check it again on my wellcome email. thanks

• @M66B said:

They suspended my account because they said I had sent an email referencing Paypal, which was against their TOS. I said, what? I asked them to provide an example of what they were talking about, but they just said, "we would prefer if you found a different provider, we can`t help you at this time". So, avoid Sparkpost like the plague.

Been using Mailgun as well for years with no issues.

• @sandanista said:

@M66B said:

They suspended my account because they said I had sent an email referencing Paypal, which was against their TOS. I said, what? I asked them to provide an example of what they were talking about, but they just said, "we would prefer if you found a different provider, we can`t help you at this time". So, avoid Sparkpost like the plague.

Been using Mailgun as well for years with no issues.

how much mail were sent from your account at the time of suspension? just curious if there is a threshold way before the 15k limit.

• Why don't you guys use your own smtp server? If you only send quality emails delivery should be pretty good, and you're in control + it's as cheap as it can be...

• MXROUTE.IO / MAILCHANNELS / SENDGRID

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • aws ses and sendgrid and mailgun

• @andiklive said:
    Hi all, straight to the point.

so what smtp email provider do you use right now? this my requirement.
    1. good delivery, more than 95%
    2. free or cheap for 10k-15k email.
    3. have API and well documented.
    4. support laravel and other.

before you ask, im not use for spamming purpose, i have website with Laravel as service and planning use with WHMCS too.

so what provider do you use and what do you recomend.
    thanks

• @datanoise said:
    Why don't you guys use your own smtp server? If you only send quality emails delivery should be pretty good, and you're in control + it's as cheap as it can be...

sometime, its pain managing mail server and do maintenance, i think its more easy for service than managing yourself.

• andikliveandiklive Member
    edited September 2018

ah forgot to update, just registered Amazon SES and cant get varified with phone and need to contact their support directly. already input code on keypad when phone calling, but failed 3 times, what an Elephant company.

finally adding another CC to my mailgun account, seem will billed on first day on the month. look like based on email what we use on previous month.

• andiklive said: what an Elephant company

Biggest pain I found with Amazon SES is that there's no way to prepay / deposit funds. Send only a few emails/month and your CC gets dinged for pennies every month.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@wa44io4 said:
    MXROUTE.IO / MAILCHANNELS / SENDGRID

Out of stock! :)
    SendGrid do use MailChannels though.

• @MikePT I got my yearly plan quite a long time ago and I am very happy with the service. Also, I do know that SendGrid use MainChannels too.

Go get some stock for these curious peoples :)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@wa44io4 said:
    @MikePT I got my yearly plan quite a long time ago and I am very happy with the service. Also, I do know that SendGrid use MainChannels too.

Go get some stock for these curious peoples :)

Ahhh cool!!! 😁
    No stock tho. Resellers cannot create more subaccounts.

• I am still using mailgun. Just add credit card and you are ready to go. They give me $0 invoice every month. Not a big deal.

• MXRoute, Mailgun.
    Like everybody said, just add a CC and you are good to go.