Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

solved
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

solved

zhuyijunzhuyijun Member
edited July 2018 in Reviews

i ordered one vps last week ,and they changed my vps ip from 185.135.83.247 to

83.143.118.113,that is unacceptable ,but they refuse to refund as their tos , i am very angry

,this new hosting is just a joke and they seems just one staff .

Comments

• So, your ip changed. That's it? I dont see any big problem. Annoying but imo not worth the hassle to get a refund.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

I’m fairly confident the contract did not guarantee you that the IP addresss won’t change, as such you’re trying to use us as your private army to force someone to give you something that doesn’t belong to you.

I don’t think you’ll get much support here.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
  • ehabehab Member

i think the only reason is it took some hours for zhuyijun to memorise the numbers.

what can make me angry is that you have been here long enough not to be of such reasons and hosts?

have a rest a zhuyijun, you'll feel better tomorrow and accept the ip change.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Adam1Adam1 Member

Did you pay for the VPS after agreeing the IP address? seems unlikely.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2018

Sure there wasn't any agreement that the IP will never change, but c'mon, when people buy a VPS they expect to keep the same IP.. I think even the people who are making fun of this guy can agree it's not exactly normal or something one would expect.

If they gave him 48 hour notice it shouldn't be worth a refund.

Thanked by 3Clouvider Azenot klikli
  • Adam1Adam1 Member

MikeA said: I think even the people who are making fun of this guy can agree it's not exactly normal or something one would expect.

agreed, but shit happens and this isnt covered in TOS usually is it? i wouldnt expect a refund over it, but i'd probably move away if I thought they handled it badly, i.e. insufficient notice

• @Adam1 said:
    Did you pay for the VPS after agreeing the IP address? seems unlikely.

i paid before they changd ip

• zhuyijunzhuyijun Member
    edited July 2018

@Clouvider said:
    I’m fairly confident the contract did not guarantee you that the IP addresss won’t change, as such you’re trying to use us as your private army to force someone to give you something that doesn’t belong to you.

I don’t think you’ll get much support here.

the ip now they gave to me is a broadcast ip which isp is hostus ,and the original isp of ip is adman

edited July 2018

@MikeA said:
    Sure there wasn't any agreement that the IP will never change, but c'mon, when people buy a VPS they expect to keep the same IP.. I think even the people who are making fun of this guy can agree it's not exactly normal or something one would expect.

yes ,i expect the same ip and it was real russia ip

• Adam1Adam1 Member

zhuyijun said: i paid before they changd ip

I mean, your initial IP, i.e. they supplied you the VPS before you paid and the IP address was part of the agreement.

I could understand if you were renting an additional, agreed IP address

edited July 2018

@MikeA said:

thanks,man

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@MikeA said:

Aye. Definitely not a positive feature, definitely can make someone angry, but dang, the OP is overreacting a lot. OP has a history of similar threads, including at least one closed by the kids with a changed title...

I agree wasn’t a refund case before and now after trying to publicly pressure them is even less so.

• If your terms of service or any other agreement with the other party explicitly states either a static IP or that the IP address will not change during the contract length, you may be entitled to a refund. Otherwise, turn on your damn TV, grab some popcorn, have a nice evening and wake up to noticing you've wasted your time with letting yourself get annoyed by that change.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited July 2018

Clouvider said: Aye. Definitely not a positive feature, definitely can make someone angry, but dang, the OP is overreacting a lot. OP has a history of similar threads, including at least one closed by the kids with a changed title...

To be fair, I would not have any use for the VPS if the same thing happened in this case - went from RU geo IP from a RU provider to a resold/leased US hostus range

edited July 2018

@florianb said:
    If your terms of service or any other agreement with the other party explicitly states either a static IP or that the IP address will not change during the contract length, you may be entitled to a refund. Otherwise, turn on your damn TV, grab some popcorn, have a nice evening and wake up to noticing you've wasted your time with letting yourself get annoyed by that change.

cool, good idea .thank you

• williewillie Member
    edited July 2018

hzr said:

To be fair, I would not have any use for the VPS if the same thing happened in this case - went from RU geo IP from a RU provider to a resold/leased US hostus range

Yeah I can see that as annoying too. Did you ask for another IP change, again to the RU range? @Bergenhosting is that something you could set up?

• bergenhostingbergenhosting Member
    edited July 2018

We ve .... refund, though it's a totally unreasonable request.

The ip address as your identification used on the internet, is not related to any geographical location, and is not affecting routing configuration.

We don't have the responsibility to announce all outdated databases to update their geographical information.

Thanked by 1willie
  • We ve .... refund, though it's a totally unreasonable request.

The ip address as your identification used on the internet, is not related to any geographical location, and is not affecting routing configuration.

We don't have the responsibility to announce all outdated databases to update their geographical information.

you said these :

I've cancelled your service and refund.

Also I'll cancel your account now, we will not accept your order any more.

Because you are a high risking customer - Breach of TOS.

You can post on LowEndTalk however you want, we also report your information as a high risking customer to MaxMind.

edited July 2018

Good, he deserves it. You never want a customer who's experiencing constant PMS.

Thanked by 1bergenhosting
  • @zhuyijun said:

you said these :

I've cancelled your service and refund.

Also I'll cancel your account now, we will not accept your order any more.

Because you are a high risking customer - Breach of TOS.

You can post on LowEndTalk however you want, we also report your information as a high risking customer to MaxMind.

That's also true, btw, this is from another staff, not me. Our staff has the right to help us to avoid the risk.

Anyway, according to the amendment I, you can post it anywhere, that's your right.

Soon enough, OP (with a new username with new VPN IP) will pop up, claiming his order got cancelled at a host for absolutely no apparent reason and he demands an explanation and justice.

Happens too often here on LET.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Looking at @zhuyijun there seem to be multiple complaint threads opened by him, usually (my impression) rather aggressive/accusatory and more about possibly itching details than about real scams or serious problems.

I understand @bergenhosting and would also stay away from him.

Thanked by 1jude
  • Topic says "solved", so I guess the OP has been fixed.

• mikecmikec Member

@bergenhosting said:

I think both sides should take a step back. There should be no posting about this company or blacklist in the Maxmind or FraudLabs Pro database.

Be cool.

• @mikec said:

@bergenhosting said:

I think both sides should take a step back. There should be no posting about this company or blacklist in the Maxmind or FraudLabs Pro database.

Be cool.

We love and trust our customers, so we would not do that like the staff said. I have gave the staff a warning.

Thanked by 2Ole_Juul mikec