Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Reseller Question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Reseller Question

Does Anyone Know Reseller's That Sell OVH Virginia VPS's Besides Bullten.com

Comments

• YuraYura Member

What's Wrong With Your Keyboard?

Thanked by 1mksh
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2018

Did you have a problem with bullten? Or just too expensive? I've never even heard of them.

Edit - Not really worth to use VA still.. I just tested from TX (Spectrum) and the latency to BHS is literally only 1ms - 3ms worse.

• @MikeA said:
    Did you have a problem with bullten? Or just too expensive? I've never even heard of them.

Edit - Not really worth to use VA still.. I just tested from TX (Spectrum) and the latency to BHS is literally only 1ms - 3ms worse.

I see you have extravm @ there good but they cant block tcp-ack i would buy it but...

edited July 2018

@iBuyVPS said:

@MikeA said:

I see you have extravm @ there good but they cant block tcp-ack i would buy it but...

I don't use OVH US. But if you tried my VPS and it can't block whatever you got hit with then OVH's Virginia servers won't either. The mitigation is all the same.

Edit - If you get these attacks that don't get blocked you should capture the traffic and give it to OVH or whatever company you use to get on their network, they actually do help if something is provided to prove an attack is bypassing the VAC.

• I smell shill...

• mkshmksh Member
    edited July 2018

@iBuyVPS said:

@MikeA said:

Does your service use TCP at all? If not just setup a VPN so you can still SSH into your box and ask them to block TCP completely. Otherwise setup a mirror/proxy/whatever on a high port so you can still get OS updates and ask them to block SYN-ACK packets with source ports <1024 as this is likely where to vast majority originates. Filtering by state would be the best but if they say they can't block them i guess it's not an option for them.

• @MikeA How Would I Capture The Traffic

• mkshmksh Member

@iBuyVPS said:
    @MikeA How Would I Capture The Traffic

tcpdump and please stop the the youtube headlines.

• @MKSH And on what port?

• mkshmksh Member

@iBuyVPS said:
    @MKSH And on what port?

Huh? Well, basically that would be whatever port the garbage traffic uses (which is likely multiple). If you really want to filter (not sure if it's a good idea at all) you might try something like this:

tcpdump -vni your-interface 'tcp[13] & 0x12 = 0x12'

• mkshmksh Member

Yeah, that's a bit more educational than dumping a magic syn-ack filter on him.