Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Make your wishlist of Cloud products/services in OVH SYDNEY and SINGAPORE datacenters!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Make your wishlist of Cloud products/services in OVH SYDNEY and SINGAPORE datacenters!

OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

Hello LET community!

As a global Cloud provider (IaaS), OVH, had a successful start in the Asia-Pacific region by bringing affordable VPS and Dedicated Servers in both Sydney and Singapore Datacenters.

We are now looking at extending our product and service offering in these 2 locations and your opinion matters!

• What would you like to see next in OVH Sydney and/or Singapore Datacenter?
  • Which cloud product(s), service(s) or feature(s) would you require at these locations?

From hardware specifications to specific features or even use cases, please share it with our APAC team (here or PM if preferred).
Help us to build the products and features fitted to your needs at these locations!

Please make sure to mention either Sydney and/or Singapore Datacenter in your wishlist.

Thanks in advance for participating and looking forward your answers!

The OVH APAC team.

Thanked by 2pxhaxor dgprasetya

Comments

• fkjfkj Member

Well, to begin with, fix the network to HK and possibly mainland CN, and also the MAC issue with Proxmox. Also the network with NA, I'm getting 200k/s download from Azure.

Thanked by 2openos zrj766
  • Hetzner Cloud
    Scaleway-like service, hopefully cheaper than your Public Cloud offerings

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2018

Hello @fjk,
    May I suggest you to post a reply on the thread related to OVH APAC network improvement (it is followed by our network team) https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/143996/ovh-asia-pacific-network-latest-latency-optimizations
    I have already forwarded your concern to them. Regarding the Mac issue with Proxmox, please make sure to open a ticket with our support team. Thank you

Hello @FlamesRunner,
    Thank you for the first feedback, the 2 companies you mentionned operate datacenters in Europe only. Could you precise the type of cloud servers/instances and the datacenter(s) locations (Sydney or Singapore) you are after?

• Cheapest as possible dedicated servers. More selections would be nice.

Thanked by 1pxhaxor
  • Sydney: Public Cloud, backup option for discovery VPS :)

Thanked by 1OVH_APAC
  • pxhaxorpxhaxor Member
    edited June 2018

More options for cheap dedi beside the DO 32 APAC, maybe 16gb version of it? :D

32gb is a bit overkill for my needs

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2018

Hi @levnode, our Dedicated Servers pricing is already very competitive especially on the Australia and Singapore markets :-) Are you after a specific machine and location? Could you precise further? Thank you

Thanked by 1levnode
  • Bandwidth is precious, so a chance to dynamically limit your bandwidth/port speed based on daily needs instead of 1Gbps burst.

• For cloud you should integrate app servers. Not templates but instantly ready fault tolerant services like mysql/mariadb/mssql, docker, etc without need to manage the systems behind them.

• dosaidosai Member

Hi, may I suggest kimsufi like dedicated servers?

Thanked by 1default
  • @OVH_APAC said:
    Hi @levnode, our Dedicated Servers pricing is already very competitive especially on the Australia and Singapore markets :-) Are you after a specific machine and location? Could you precise further? Thank you

Location doesn’t matter for me. In your home country, online’s price is more competitive though your network is better.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited June 2018

Public cloud needs a concrete site/project builder.

It should ask project type, and other relevant questions about the service.

Then it should create something like this:

or

and handle the networking between the machines and install core templates on selected servers in the diagram.

Then it should display the hourly and/or monthly price for the entire infrastructure.

This would be a true IaaS solution. You could start this off by building the most common types of ready made infras and automate them untill you eventually have tens of multiple types that can be deployed instantly.

If I could setup something like this automatically for under 500€/m, It would be nice.

Thanked by 1hanoi
  • defaultdefault Veteran

I would love to see more 1$/month VPS offers.

• edited June 2018

Match kimsufi's offerings, with your network and location.

If I am OVH's program manager, I would consider entering that space because kimsufi is always out of stock. That means there is a need.

Edit: Oh, kimsufi is OVH...

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited June 2018

VPS with 3TB bandwidth / 10 MBps speed (= "unlimited")

edit: and, of course, some functional IPv6 on all your products (you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Shot2 said: VPS with 3TB bandwidth / 10 MBps speed (= "unlimited")

What do you mean? The VPS SSD APAC 3 has 3TB bandwidth right now (and then 10 Mbit).

• Shot2Shot2 Member

3 TB = 3 days. Then 27 days at 10.
    I'd like VPSes with constant bw, not "10 GBps for an hour then 1 Kbps for the rest of the year".

edited June 2018

Shot2 said: 3 TB = 3 days. Then 27 days at 10. I'd like VPSes with constant bw

You can manually limit your VPS upload to a lower speed if you want, so the included bandwidth lasts longer. Did you seriously mean to ask that OVH limits you to 10 Mbit from the get go, just so that it's "constant"? Sounds ridiculous.

Thanked by 3caracal Shot2 FHR
  • @OVH_APAC said:
    Hello @FlamesRunner,
    Thank you for the first feedback, the 2 companies you mentionned operate datacenters in Europe only. Could you precise the type of cloud servers/instances and the datacenter(s) locations (Sydney or Singapore) you are after?

I mean, public cloud isn't offered in every location plus there isn't really a middle ground between your production and sandbox plans in terms of pricing.

• williewillie Member

Shot2 said:

3 TB = 3 days. Then 27 days at 10. I'd like VPSes with constant bw, not "10 GBps for an hour then 1 Kbps for the rest of the year".

You mean you want 10 cent per TB transit in APAC? No I don't think that's happening anytime soon. There's a 3TB allocation and then instead of making it a hard limit and suspending your server, the port is left open at a slower speed. It sounds like they reset it at the end of the month though. That's unlike Hetzner, where the reduction to 10 mbit is permanent unless you agree to pay 1 euro/TB for overage in future occurrences.

Thanked by 1FHR
  • Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited June 2018

@rm_ said:

Shot2 said: 3 TB = 3 days. Then 27 days at 10. I'd like VPSes with constant bw

You can manually limit your VPS upload to a lower speed if you want, so the included bandwidth lasts longer. Did you seriously mean to ask that OVH limits you to 10 Mbit from the get go, just so that it's "constant"? Sounds ridiculous.

Yeah, I know, but it'd be nice not having to do bw limitation at the OS level when the provider already does it upstream (but in two unbalanced steps rather than one)

@willie You got me wrong, it's the other way - price has nothing to do with it. And in the example I mentionned, their policy is "Advertised: 1 TB at 100 Mbps (then implied: 2 TB at 10 Mbps)". That's 3 TB of monthly allowance, but they only advertise the first 1 TB at hi-speed which lasts roughly a day.

edited June 2018

Shot2 said: the first 1 TB at hi-speed which lasts roughly a day.

Then don't burn it in a day. It's fully under your control. Stop being silly.

And honestly speaking, I don't think most customers would support you in a desire for a 10 Mbit VPS. The most frequent wishlist item for VPS-SSD that I hear, is to have a faster (gigabit!) link, not a slower one.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

Yep, I know I can implement QOS traffic shaping and yaddi yaddi yadda, thanks.

And it's not a "slower one" I'm after, as it would actually be faster 90% of the time. :)

• williewillie Member

Shot2 said: "Advertised: 1 TB at 100 Mbps (then implied: 2 TB at 10 Mbps)". That's 3 TB of monthly allowance, but they only advertise the first 1 TB at hi-speed which lasts roughly a day.

Oh ok, that seems fine too. I thought you meant 3 days at 100mbps then the rest at 10mbps but it works out the same way. 1TB is a lot of traffic for a small vps and it's hard to use that much by accident. Getting to send out 1TB at a decent speed like 100mbps is pretty good, and then you have 10mbps for the rest of the month if you manage to use up the 1tb, so about 4tb total. If you got it at a constant rate it would be about 13mbps.

Are you really saying you'd rather have 13mbps all month, than 100mbps for the first 1tb then 10mbps for the rest? Sounds to me like you have an unusual or else simply bandwidth hungry use case. At the end of the day if you want to burn a lot of bw in APAC, it is going to cost you.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

My wish is simple, and everyone here knows it.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • lay295lay295 Member

If you could make a cheaper version of a dedicated server with your GAME filtering that'd be lovely. Currently not willing to pay 2x-3x more than the $60 server just for the better ddos protection

• 2.5 usd vps on APAC

• It sometimes takes 3 hours for the VPS to be installed, I hope that will change in all locations.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@deank said:
    My wish is simple, and everyone here knows it.

I know that too: you wish to enjoy The End is Nigh game, by playing it on a VPS, in this case provided by OVH because you like computing stability.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • xylxpxylxp Member

Wish: Peering with ChinaNet (AS4134) and ChinaUnicom (AS4837)