Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

update firmware ssd 850 pro with LSI-9270
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

update firmware ssd 850 pro with LSI-9270

jazz1611jazz1611 Member
edited June 2018 in Help

hello,

i'm stucking when update latest firmware ssd 850 pro EXM04B6Q with LSI-9270. how can i update that firmware without unplug the ssd (ssd connect directly to motherboard)? thank you.

p/s: Samsung Magician showing SSD Drive but no way update it

tried both ISO "Samsung_SSD_850_PRO_EXM04B6Q_Win" vs "Samsung_SSD_850_PRO_EXM04B6Q_Mac" always show

i found this solution but not sure it work http://www.thessdreview.com/forums/threads/samsung-magician-850-pro-lsi-9271-8i.4204/#post-36778

regards,

Comments

• hello, anyone can help me about this? thank you!

• yomeroyomero Member

First, and a little bit offtopic, any particular reason why you would like/need to update the firmware?

• @yomero said:
    First, and a little bit offtopic, any particular reason why you would like/need to update the firmware?

new firmware have improved the performance for ssd.

• @jazz1611 said:

@yomero said:

new firmware have improved the performance for ssd.

Honestly, if you aren't seeing performance issues on the current firmware, I wouldn't bother updating it.

Firmware updates are safe, but as a good rule thumb, no upgrades are better than upgrades when it comes to firmware.

• i need find way to update the firmware, not tell me don't need update it.

• i really need update it because ssd old FW take low performance on RAID. please help me! thank you

• citrixcitrix Member

who is the provider, will they not help support the frimware flash?

• jazz1611jazz1611 Member
    edited June 2018

@citrix said:
    who is the provider, will they not help support the frimware flash?

PerfectIP, they don't help me to update firmware for SSD. There is new/clean server then i don't worry about data. just need updated the firmware is OK. I was installed Windows 10 Pro and installed Samsung Magician (SM) 5.2.1 but SM apps see only RAID Card, which Megasas RAID Manager (MSM) can see SSD but can't update via MSM. it can only update via DOS or SM apps.

• Finally, i was updated the new firmware for SSD 850 Pro. The performance on RAID was increase and stable more. If someone want update firmware for SSD via LSI RAID Card, let me know. I will show the tutorial for it. Btw, thank to all!!!

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@jazz1611 said:
    Finally, i was updated the new firmware for SSD 850 Pro. The performance on RAID was increase and stable more. If someone want update firmware for SSD via LSI RAID Card, let me know. I will show the tutorial for it. Btw, thank to all!!!

You should just post the tutorial here, i’m
    sure if others have the same problem and search this that they would like to already have the link for the fix here

Alexander

Thanked by 1Silvest
  • jazz1611jazz1611 Member
    edited June 2018

@AlexanderM said:

@jazz1611 said:
    Finally, i was updated the new firmware for SSD 850 Pro. The performance on RAID was increase and stable more. If someone want update firmware for SSD via LSI RAID Card, let me know. I will show the tutorial for it. Btw, thank to all!!!

You should just post the tutorial here, i’m
    sure if others have the same problem and search this that they would like to already have the link for the fix here

Alexander

Yes, i know but important is DATA will be gone.

1. Create RAID arrays as normal
    2. Setup OS to RAID arrays
    3. Install MegaCLI/Storcli to server
    4. Run command "MegaCLI -AdpSetProp -EnableJBOD 1 -a0" or "storcli64 /c0 set jbod=on"
    5. Verify it if JBOD enabled by "MegaCLI -AdpGetProp enablejbod -aALL" or "storcli /c0 show jbod"
    6. Reboot server and access WebBIOS of RAID Card
    7. Remove RAID arrays are running
    8. Select the Drive want set JBOD then exit and reboot the system
    9. Attach Firmware ISO to boot device and update FW as normal
    10. After update success, access WebBIOS of Raid Card again
    11. Set the Drive was updated Firmware to "Make Unconf Good"
    12. Create RAID arrays as you want

That all!!! If not sure, just inbox to me and i will help via Teamviewer.

Thanked by 2FHR yomero