Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Urgently need VPS provider/s for small charity.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Urgently need VPS provider/s for small charity.

HermitHermit Member

Hi,

I'm helping out a small charity that provides a reporting point for hate crimes. As you can imagine, the kind of people carrying out these hate don't want for their attacks to be logged and they have had their site closed by their provider because of a DDOS attack.

I'm looking on their behalf for a provider/s who can supply a VPS with DDOS protection.

Any providers interested, please let me know. I am happy to let you know who they are privately.

Thanks

H

Comments

• taronyutaronyu Member

I think your best bet is BuyVM, also BuyVM isn't expensive at all... I can't imagine that charity can't even bring up a few dollars a month.

• rds100rds100 Member

Isn't the best place for reporting crimes www.fbi.gov ? "Reporting" publicly on other sites might be called Slander.

• HermitHermit Member

@rds100 said:
    Isn't the best place for reporting crimes www.fbi.gov ? "Reporting" publicly on other sites might be called Slander.

Its not in the US, and these crime reports are collated and passed to law enforcement and used for statistics to map areas and frequency of attacks/abuse.

• HermitHermit Member

@taronyu said:
    I think your best bet is BuyVM, also BuyVM isn't expensive at all... I can't imagine that charity can't even bring up a few dollars a month.

I'm sure they have a "small" budget :-) Its more a case of wanting to find supppliers who are both happy and capable of hosting the VPS/s.

Of course if any provider/s want to give a free first week or two, I'm sure that they would be overjoyed. :-)

• @Hermit interesting get some redundancy for DNS too in case you upset a government body at all ya know

• just an idea a new webhost (vps even) plus cloudflare for ddos protection

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Best of luck to you. I assume that your cause is noble as I don't know all the details to assume otherwise. I do agree that buyvm is your best choice here and the cost is very low. Catch stock on a $15/year vps and I think it's like $2m for the DDOS protection.

• I will suggest mediatemple too, they claim to take up a occasional big traffic ( mediatemple GV ) - for such websites. And of course you know being on their shared host means DDOS is their headache.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

BuyVM or SecureDragon
    @KuJoe
    @Francisco

• azzavpsazzavps Member

We can help with this, get in contact.

• @Hermit said:
    Hi,

I'm helping out a small charity that provides a reporting point for hate crimes. As you can imagine, the kind of people carrying out these hate don't want for their attacks to be logged and they have had their site closed by their provider because of a DDOS attack.

I'm looking on their behalf for a provider/s who can supply a VPS with DDOS protection.

Any providers interested, please let me know. I am happy to let you know who they are privately.

Thanks

H

Why do you need a DDoS protected VPS? Why can't you do SecureDragon's DDoS protected web hosting for a few dollars per month?

• i can offer you with ddos protect :)

• MunMun Member

@hermit did you ever find someone?

• marcmmarcm Member

I sometimes wonder how some people land exactly on LET just to ask for stuff like this. Pretty weird...