Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DOMAIN AUCTIONS (PASSMETER, PREPHOST)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DOMAIN AUCTIONS (PASSMETER, PREPHOST)

EpidriveEpidrive Member
edited May 2013 in General
PASSMETER.COM - Registered April 22, 2012 / Expiry April 22, 2014
Start bid: $1
Increments: $3

PREPHOST.COM - Registered December 5, 2011 / Expiry December 5, 2013
Start bid: $1
Increments: $3

Auction End May 25, 2013

Comments

• PASSMETER.COM $1
  • VicVic Member
    Prephost.com $1
  • @natestamm passmeter $1
    @vic prephost $1
  • MikeInMikeIn Member
    PREPHOST.COM $2
  • taronyutaronyu Member
    @Mikeln

Read the OP, increments are $3, lowest bid you can do on both is $4
  • Increments of $3 man. Thanks
  • 4 days to go! Bid now

• 3 days

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

Prephost - $6
    Passmeter - $6

• Thanks.

@Jeffrey prephost $6 / passmeter $6

• EpidriveEpidrive Member
    edited May 2013

2 days

• mxmodmxmod Member
    edited May 2013

passmeter $9

• Thank you.

Passmeter $9 @mxmod
    Prephost $6 @jeffrey

• 1 1/2 day

edited May 2013

1 day

• 12 hours

edited May 2013

Gonna end in like 6 hours leading

@mxmod passmeter $9

@jeffrey prephost $6

edited May 2013

Last stretch guys, 9 hours.

edited May 2013

Last 4 hours guys. I'd be selling this naawww..

• walesmdwalesmd Member

Prephost.com $9

• Thanks.

@mxmod passmeter $9
    @walesmd prephost $9

• Finished. PMing the winners now.

• walesmdwalesmd Member

Fraphost has failed to provide Paypal address after I refused to agree to pay 50% more on top of my winning bid. In the meantime, he has delivered to others that agreed. The additional funds were completely unwarranted, they were not requested as reimbursement for any unexpected feed. In fact he stated "it's not about the money", although I'm unsure of what else it could possibly be. For honor?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2013

Yes, I can confirm this and it is totally unfair, although there's not much I can do if @FrapHost doesn't want to give the domain at the price. The whole point of an auction is that you stick with the highest bid, not make it even higher..

I think I've just lost all my trust in @FrapHost and his company.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2013

Give him the benefit of the doubt that he hasn't read the PM properly, form what I can see he has, but let's see if he has a response on this thread or on the PM.

• walesmdwalesmd Member
    edited May 2013

If it's cleared up today I'll make sure my 1.5k Twitter followers hear it was just a misunderstanding. Come Friday, I'm thinking an LEB deal is in order "first month free if you're coming from FrapHost".

If/when I do pay for the domain, I think I'll auction it off for charity.

It's not about the money here either. ;)

• walesmdwalesmd Member

13+ years and counting of developing my ass off and, for the most part, trying to be a productive member of the open source software community.

edited May 2013

@walesmd its just the feeling that youve lost real hard on this one. I admit it Im kinda regretting getting it listed though, kinda douchy cause I had a good thing to use it for, I'm aware that you have won the bid, and since you won your obviouslly getting this one no matter what.

Its really not about the money, just the feeling, the feeling stinks that youve just managed to sell it for almost 80% less. I like winning.

As per the PM i just totally forgot to reply to it. I swear.
    I'll PM you now anyways.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2013

@FrapHost said:
    Its really not about the money, just the feeling, the feeling stinks that youve just managed to sell it for 80% less. I like winning.

Don't worry, most domains listed at LET are crap barely worth of renewal fee and this one isn't exception. You can give it value with developing it but that's valid for most domains even the crappiest one.
    Here and there I see at LET some really nice domain but that's rare, very rare...

edited May 2013

@Spirit im thinking the otherwise for prephost and passmeter. Like seriously if im not hallucinating I really think these can be sold for more than $50 each.

Passmeter, good for benchmark. Prephost registered 2011, so it kinda adds a bit more value to the domain.