Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Transit Monitoring Platform
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Transit Monitoring Platform

HashTagHashTag Member

I'm searching for the best transit monitoring platform free or premium.

Looking to monitor something like Top Protocols, Endpoints, Applications, Uplinks, Bandwidth, Outages and such things.

Someone recommended me Solarwind, I've also fooled around with Observium Premium which worked good as well. I guess I'm just trying to see what everyone else uses and maybe try everything out before going with a firm software.

Comments

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2018

ntopng does some of the stuff you want. It's more of a traffic flow analyzer and less of a whole network management solution though

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I would recommend Solarwinds, depends on the size and scale of your network.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

PRTG and for overall routing https://www.thousandeyes.com/

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • We've used PRTG and we've had no issues at all. However it needs some skills to get it setup especially on custom probes.

• wavecomaswavecomas Member, Host Rep

ManageEngine opmanager is most advanced and also easyer to use such software trusted with most of fortune 500 :) I have used it 15 years by now... But is not cheap howerver its with some conditions cheaper then prtg. Its licenced per device not sensor. So you can have 1000 sensors in device.. They have also webbased hosted enviroment site24x7.com which most nicest feature is phone call by robot in case of error or alarm. Nice to monitor your core network from tens of places in word.