Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk Selling Rules (Updated April 2023) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk Selling Rules (Updated April 2023)

Comments

• Thanks @AnthonySmith for this clean thread.

• Rather than increase the monthly maximum for dedis, it might instead have been nicer to keep the max where it was, but start allowing setup fees. I've started to like setup fees for dedis, as an anti-shoemining measure.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@willie said:
    Rather than increase the monthly maximum for dedis, it might instead have been nicer to keep the max where it was, but start allowing setup fees. I've started to like setup fees for dedis, as an anti-shoemining measure.

Lol @ setup fees. It does not make sense.

• LeeLee Veteran

MikePT said: Lol @ setup fees. It does not make sense.

Agreed, set up fees to the budget masses will be as bad as a price increase, they wan't to pay the minimum and certainly not have to pay a set up fee. Miners are not the only ones that want a server short term.

And really, people on here want to have the server and return within the month if the DD results do not meet their high expectations.

Thanked by 2uptime MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited February 2018

@Lee said:

MikePT said: Lol @ setup fees. It does not make sense.

Agreed, set up fees to the budget masses will be as bad as a price increase, they wan't to pay the minimum and certainly not have to pay a set up fee. Miners are not the only ones that want a server short term.

And really, people on here want to have the server and return within the month if the DD results do not meet their high expectations.

Yep. DD is like the only thing that matters.

• LeeLee Veteran

MikePT said: Yep. DD is like the only thing that matters.

That and preventing progress.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Putting this post here as well as the discussion post and this one is running in parallel:

Ok well, as a wise man once said, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and you don't go out of your way (usually) to look deep into someone else's.

So my final thoughts, as everything that can be said has been said and we are just circling around the same points now.

This won't be reverted early.

Dedicated offers are few and far between on LET currently.

I and essentially LET as a body is not overly interested in what you can get somewhere else within our rules.

We do see a large number of dedi requests that cannot be satisfied without our old rules.

The trail will run.

It is just a trial.

You will all get the change to vote on it in April.

Good night Seattle.

• williewillie Member
    edited February 2018

Lee said: set up fees to the budget masses will be as bad as a price increase, they wan't to pay the minimum and certainly not have to pay a set up fee.

Fair enough. Hetzner has them, Online has them, Kimsufi does, SYS sometimes does, I think OVH has had them in the past, and I do treat it as a price increase that I calculate by spreading it across 6 months or a year. I don't think I've ever kept a dedi less than that. So if the monthly fee is $X and the setup fee is $Y, maybe the limit could be something like (X + Y/6) <= 49 (or 84 or whatever).

It's pretty silly if people go crazy over the Online and OVH flash sales (which are insanely cheap) but they aren't allowed in offer threads because they have setup fees. They are as low end as it gets.

• 84 is the answer to everything doubled.

So long and thanks for all of the fish.

Thanked by 2Junkless AITHosting
    edited February 2018
    • 7th Feb 2018 - updated rules regarding reselling

• 8th Feb 2018 - made the rules more clear in regard to $7 p/month being the absolute maximum price equivalent over any term.

• 10th Feb 2018 - No new shared only hosts, existing hosts grandfathered.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

AnthonySmith said: re-seller

Nitpick, Am I the only one who thinks reseller is a valid word?

AnthonySmith said: Using a nulled WHMCS

What about HostBill etc? Perhaps nulled billing software?

AnthonySmith said: maximum of one offer per 30 days with our permission

:( Not that I post every 14 days (old rules) but is there a specific reason for the special case?

AnthonySmith said: USD$84/month

I know alot of people will object to this. But personally I don't care as it allows for more variety in the offers.

Other than that quite fair.

It's ok I no longer use grammarly so the - should reduce now.

Yep nulled in general, good point.

Yep, I forget what it was now, let me get back to you.

Great, we are keeping track of all dedi offers privately so we have some 3 month metrics as part of the trial.

• $84 still doesn’t seem to be bringing much APAC dedis into LET. Am still hopeful.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

caracal said: $84 still doesn’t seem to be bringing much APAC dedis into LET. Am still hopeful.

Do you expect new hosts will arrive immediately?

• @Clouvider said:

caracal said: $84 still doesn’t seem to be bringing much APAC dedis into LET. Am still hopeful.

Of course. Wouldn't you instantly sign up when you realized that this might be the only chance at being able to offer your dedis to all of the money dripping premium costumers around here?

• @mksh said:

@Clouvider said:

Of course. Wouldn't you instantly sign up when you realized that this might be the only chance at being able to offer your dedis to all of the money dripping premium costumers around here?

Hey man, if you didn't know some of us do have more than 2 pennies to rub on.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • tank you

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@virtualserver said:
    tank you

Just a few more posts and you'll be able to apply for this provider tag you came for.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • "Members must have 25 posts and have been registered for 14 days to be allowed to list a domain sale
    Domain needs to be at least 6 months old"
    Sorry I bid some domains then read the rules. Am I able to be valid to bid?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@justwonder said:
    "Members must have 25 posts and have been registered for 14 days to be allowed to list a domain sale

You're allowed to bid. Those rules just apply to domain sellers.

Thanked by 1justwonder
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@justwonder said:
    "Members must have 25 posts and have been registered for 14 days to be allowed to list a domain sale

Your’e not selling? Only buying? Then yes. You can bid.

Thanked by 1justwonder

The rules are for selling not buying so you can bid yes.

Thanked by 1justwonder
  • justwonderjustwonder Member
    edited February 2018

Hello experts,

I'm last bid, can I bid more? I want sleep, can't wait to countdown 0. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2678881#Comment_2678881

• Yes, you can bid again. Minimal increment rule still applies.

Thanked by 1justwonder
  • Do we need to have a provider tag while offering beta tests for a panel (that would sell VMs in the future) ?

Thanked by 1xuefei

@PrestigeWS said:
    Do we need to have a provider tag while offering beta tests for a panel (that would sell VMs in the future) ?

If you are offering the tests for free then that is fine.

Thanked by 1PrestigeWS
  • @AnthonySmith said:

@PrestigeWS said:
    Do we need to have a provider tag while offering beta tests for a panel (that would sell VMs in the future) ?

If you are offering the tests for free then that is fine.

Yep for free. Thanks!

AnthonySmith said: Yep, I forget what it was now, let me get back to you.

I guess I missed out on that story.

Sorry, so many things going on at the same time, it is the start of moving the none vps/hosting services I.e. None core stuff to a 30 day rotation, or at least that was the thinking, given that people don't even want shared Hosting here I don't know which direction it will go now, thoughts are welcome!

Sorry About random capitalisation my iPad is a dick and its a pita to correct

edited March 2018

@AnthonySmith I don't like shared hosts either, unless someone is doing something special (yet to see) it's all the same and too cheap for real sustainability. But innovative ideas that don't fit any category? I enjoy reading those threads.