Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OnePlus Magento Store - Haxed? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OnePlus Magento Store - Haxed?

2»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited January 2018

doghouch said: I knew I should've gotten the iPhone X instead of the 8.

The iPhone X is slower to use than the iPhone 8. I could bought either and went with the 8 (plus).

Yes, I know the processor is the same, but they're slower to use because FaceID is more finicky, and if it fails (some say way 1 time in 4), you're back to a passcode like it's 2014. TouchID (100% reliable in my experience and instant) is gone. If you want an iPhone X and don't like FaceID, your only other option is a passcode.

Even if it was 100% reliable, FaceID is noticeably slower than TouchID, so...the X is slower to use.

• @raindog308 said:
    but they're slower to use because FaceID is more finicky, and if it fails (some say way 1 time in 4)

Based in my wife’s experience been more reliable than Touch ID after a few months of use. I suppose mileage may vary, maybe the missus has a more Apple-friendly face?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: Based in my wife’s experience been more reliable than Touch ID after a few months of use. I suppose mileage may vary, maybe the missus has a more Apple-friendly face?

Or less scannable fingers. Are they often covered with sticky substances and/or blood?

Anyway, that experience is at odds with numerous reports I read before buying. Maybe it's improved in recent iOS updates. Still, I hate it because TouchID met my needs perfectly.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @raindog308 said:
    If you want an iPhone X and don't like FaceID, your only other option is a passcode.

Or no security mechanism at all. Should be just as secure as FaceID.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

TheOnlyDK said: Should be just as secure as FaceID.

No that's Android. Apple FaceID is 3D mapping, Android is photo recognition that last I checked used "you have to blink your eyes once" as it's only security measure to protect you from someone holding up your photo.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • jarland said: "you have to blink your eyes once"

I can make a picture blink with 5cm of paper, scissors & a piece of ducktape.

Thanked by 1jar
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Ducktape should become a religion.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • WSSWSS Member

@deank said:
    Ducktape should become a religion.

Look at the scrub whose never worked on cars.

• TomTom Member

Bumping this.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/jan-19-update-an-update-on-credit-card-security.752415

Mirroring:

[Jan 19 Update]

Hi all,

We are deeply sorry to announce that we have indeed been attacked, and up to 40k users at oneplus.net may be affected by the incident. We have sent out an email to all possibly affected users.

1. What happened

One of our systems was attacked, and a malicious script was injected into the payment page code to sniff out credit card info while it was being entered.
    The malicious script operated intermittently, capturing and sending data directly from the user's browser. It has since been eliminated.
    We have quarantined the infected server and reinforced all relevant system structures.

1. Who's affected
      Some users who entered their credit card info on oneplus.net between mid-November 2017 and January 11, 2018, may be affected.
      Credit card info (card numbers, expiry dates and security codes) entered at oneplus.net during this period may be compromised.
      Users who paid via a saved credit card should NOT be affected.
      Users who paid via the "Credit Card via PayPal" method should NOT be affected.
      Users who paid via PayPal should NOT be affected.
      We have contacted potentially affected users via email.

2. What you can do
      We recommend that you check your card statements and report any charges you don’t recognize to your bank. They will help you initiate a chargeback and prevent any financial loss.
      For enquiries, please get in touch with our support team at https://oneplus.net/support.
      If you notice any potential system vulnerabilities, please report them to [email protected]. This is a monitored inbox, but please note, we may not be able to respond to all reports.

3. What we are doing

We cannot apologize enough for letting something like this happen. We are eternally grateful to have such a vigilant and informed community, and it pains us to let you down.

We are in contact with potentially affected customers. We are working with our providers and local authorities to better address the incident. We are also working with our current payment providers to implement a more secure credit card payment method, as well as conducting an in-depth security audit. All these measures will help us prevent such incidents from happening in the future.

A big thank you to our forum user @superdutynick for bringing this incident to our attention!

Sincerely,
    The OnePlus Team

• WSSWSS Member

I can't believe ANY payment gateway would let them self-host a checkout page, or will in the future. Visa will not be amused.

Thanked by 1Tom
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Tom said:
    Bumping this.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/jan-19-update-an-update-on-credit-card-security.752415

Mirroring:

[Jan 19 Update]

Hi all,

We are deeply sorry to announce that we have indeed been attacked, and up to 40k users at oneplus.net may be affected by the incident. We have sent out an email to all possibly affected users.

1. What happened

One of our systems was attacked, and a malicious script was injected into the payment page code to sniff out credit card info while it was being entered.
    The malicious script operated intermittently, capturing and sending data directly from the user's browser. It has since been eliminated.
    We have quarantined the infected server and reinforced all relevant system structures.

1. Who's affected
      Some users who entered their credit card info on oneplus.net between mid-November 2017 and January 11, 2018, may be affected.
      Credit card info (card numbers, expiry dates and security codes) entered at oneplus.net during this period may be compromised.
      Users who paid via a saved credit card should NOT be affected.
      Users who paid via the "Credit Card via PayPal" method should NOT be affected.
      Users who paid via PayPal should NOT be affected.
      We have contacted potentially affected users via email.

2. What you can do
      We recommend that you check your card statements and report any charges you don’t recognize to your bank. They will help you initiate a chargeback and prevent any financial loss.
      For enquiries, please get in touch with our support team at https://oneplus.net/support.
      If you notice any potential system vulnerabilities, please report them to [email protected]. This is a monitored inbox, but please note, we may not be able to respond to all reports.

3. What we are doing

We cannot apologize enough for letting something like this happen. We are eternally grateful to have such a vigilant and informed community, and it pains us to let you down.

We are in contact with potentially affected customers. We are working with our providers and local authorities to better address the incident. We are also working with our current payment providers to implement a more secure credit card payment method, as well as conducting an in-depth security audit. All these measures will help us prevent such incidents from happening in the future.

A big thank you to our forum user @superdutynick for bringing this incident to our attention!

Sincerely,
    The OnePlus Team

Wtf that is crazy! No emails from them at all yet.