Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ServerPilot vs Runcloud or any other platform?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ServerPilot vs Runcloud or any other platform?

Hi,
I need to manage small and multiple vps and thus don't want to keep hassle of maintaining without a panel. If you have past experience with both of these providers then please post here. I don't see much different tho.

Thanks <3

Comments

• Only used ServerPilot and i find it really good. I'm hosting 15 websites on linode through it. I like it that much, since it is fast that IV paid the $10 per month.
    Noticed Runcloud the other week but have not tried it.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2017

"1 Click Hard Disk Cleaner"

Hopefully that works out.

• Just noticed ServerPilot cost is per Server so will stick with runcloud

• HxxxHxxx Member

Or just contract a real sys admin. :)

• Why not use cPanel ?

• jhjh Member

@Hxxx said:
    Or just contract a real sys admin. :)

Because it would cost much more than $10/month :)

I use ServerPilot and I'm really happy with it. The $49/month plan doesn't make much sense in my opinion but for $10/month it's totally worth the time it saves.

My referral link if you want to use it: https://serverpilot.io/a/e1b3f840ef6c

• cPanel is 15/m, you only save $5/m, but you sound like you save a lot of money, interesting.

• I have used ServerPilot for over a year and it's awesome. Some of the sites have a few daily visitors and some have thousands daily.

Never had an issue and support is helpful. I would pay for their monthly plan if it was one price for all servers, but $10/each would stack up.

• @jetchirag said:
    Hi,
    I need to manage small and multiple vps and thus don't want to keep hassle of maintaining without a panel. If you have past experience with both of these providers then please post here. I don't see much different tho.

Thanks <3

if you have any questions regarding our service, please mention me.

• @runcloud_fikri said:

@jetchirag said:
    Hi,

Thanks <3

Hi,
    How do you compare to ServerPilot?

• @PhillTheChill said:

@runcloud_fikri said:

@jetchirag said:
    Hi,

Thanks <3

Hi,

SP is more like a service to manage web application and with their paid services, you can get more features that even not included inside our service like slow script notification, etc.

But RunCloud is wider than SP. We don't just manage web application, you can tweak from our panel as well. Including php and nginx settings. We support php framework like Laravel, CI, CakePHP out of the box.

Besides, our main features is automated git deployment. Don't you feel it is easy when you run git push from your development machine and then it automatically deployed inside your server without touching anything? That is our core features and developers like that features very much since they can use their server to create staging and development branch inside their server easily.

We also provide file manager and cloud editor for you to easily editing your files online.

Other than that, it is just a panel to manage your php server. What we don't cover is the mail server and/or dns server.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • @runcloud_fikri said:

@PhillTheChill said:

@runcloud_fikri said:

@jetchirag said:
    Hi,

Thanks <3

Hi,

SP is more like a service to manage web application and with their paid services, you can get more features that even not included inside our service like slow script notification, etc.

But RunCloud is wider than SP. We don't just manage web application, you can tweak from our panel as well. Including php and nginx settings. We support php framework like Laravel, CI, CakePHP out of the box.

Besides, our main features is automated git deployment. Don't you feel it is easy when you run git push from your development machine and then it automatically deployed inside your server without touching anything? That is our core features and developers like that features very much since they can use their server to create staging and development branch inside their server easily.

We also provide file manager and cloud editor for you to easily editing your files online.

Other than that, it is just a panel to manage your php server. What we don't cover is the mail server and/or dns server.

I really like your features and just hope you don't change the pricing

• @jetchirag said:
    I really like your features and just hope you don't change the pricing

Alright!

• https://www.appnode.com/
    Centralized and self hosted.

• rEDrED Member

If you are on a budget why not try VirtualMin, its free and is working good for me...
    I think in free category virtualmin wins vs any other competitor...

• I've had some problems with SSL and domains generally, and support is very slow.
    Hope I can provide some more positive feedback once those issues are resolved.

• @optimystery said:
    I've had some problems with SSL and domains generally, and support is very slow.

you wrote as if we are all mind readers here. Which service are you talking about? serverpilot, runcloud, cpanel or virtualmin?

Thanked by 2jetchirag Aidan
  • @DanSummer said:

@optimystery said:
    I've had some problems with SSL and domains generally, and support is very slow.

you wrote as if we are all mind readers here. Which service are you talking about? serverpilot, runcloud, cpanel or virtualmin?

Debian, obviously!

• WSSWSS Member

@Aidan said:

@DanSummer said:

@optimystery said:

Debian, obviously!

Devuan thx.

Sounds interesting, if they get hacked, they open thousands of boxes.

YOLO

• @Neoon said:
    Sounds interesting, if they get hacked, they open thousands of boxes.

YOLO

This.

• WSSWSS Member

You only Login Once?

Thanked by 1Aidan

Well, they could encrypt your private ssh key with the user password, but the issue is, if they apply updates and stuff? They would still need access when you are logged out.

Which basically means, you 100% fucked, if they get hacked.

As we know, every software has its holes, so big things gonna be fun when they go up.

• Neoon said: they could encrypt your private ssh key with the user password

They use API to send commands to their client afaik. There no role of SSH.

edited January 2018

@jetchirag said:

Neoon said: they could encrypt your private ssh key with the user password

Well, if they have something like a agent running, and the agent pulls or get pushed, still same issue.

If someone hacks there servers, what prevents them to hack yours?

The client will hopefully not run as root, but sure has sudo to install packages.

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • @Neoon said:

@jetchirag said:

Neoon said: they could encrypt your private ssh key with the user password

Well, if they have something like a agent running, and the agent pulls or get pushed, still same issue.

If someone hacks there servers, what prevents them to hack yours?

The client will hopefully not run as root, but sure has sudo to install packages.

My comment was to correct incorrect information, not commenting upon their security.

• @rED said:
    If you are on a budget why not try VirtualMin, its free and is working good for me...
    I think in free category virtualmin wins vs any other competitor...

Actually, any free account with either serverpilot or runcloud would be a lot more efficient than VirtualMin.

You can run serverpilot on a vps with 512MB memory and you'll still have about 40% free. The same can't be said about cpanel or virtualmin.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2018

DanSummer said: virtualmin

Virtualmin can be set up even with 128MB memory (without clamav/spammassign though) and it's lightweight enough to be functional.

• Serverpilot and runcloud are both fine. Runcloud is like scaling serverpilot at a sustainable pace of $10/month. See ref lin in signature for extra days upon purchase.