Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for aereo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for aereo

jeffjeff Member
edited April 2013 in General

I am looking for a VPN for Aereo, if anyone is interested I would sponsor a LEB to share if they would get it going. Not looking to resell, but for personal use. It seems this is only available in NYC at the moment.

Comments

• Aereo uses a number of methods to do this, one of which is whitelisting certain netblocks (like Cablevision) in the area.

I additionally have to spoof HTML5 Geolocation ("do you want to share your location with this site") to log in. A vpn will likely do you no good.

• nickvanwnickvanw Member
    edited April 2013

It's trivial to spoof your HTML5 Geolocation: http://www.labnol.org/internet/geo-location/27878/

In fact, I just got it working by following those instructions and putting in the lat/long of nyc, I didn't need to do a single other thing.

• jeffjeff Member

@nickvanw said: In fact, I just got it working by following those instructions and putting in the lat/long of nyc, I didn't need to do a single other thing.

How did you get around the billing? I thought your credit card needed to be from NYC?