Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM can you please bring back the self fund option in your panel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM can you please bring back the self fund option in your panel

Hey @Francisco,

So yesterday I went ahead and ordered 1gb slice that I needed to setup a Postegresql developer box for a project I'm working on. And hold and behold, again that stupid maxmind anti-fraud protection that I had to go through the first time. I get it, the first time it must be done to protect you from fraud, but a second time, or third-time, or fourth-time is fucking annoying.

The only thing that I had hope was your self fund billing option you had which I used once, and didn't go through your stupid maxmind and got my account loaded with $15. Now, that you have removed it I can't even order anything new without going through the motion of getting my order marked as fraud, explaining to the same person again the same reason why there is a discrepancy between my billing address on my verified paypal account and the IP on another continent that I'm ordering from.

I have already explained on the first ticket that my current ip is from Italy but my billing address is from YOLO California. I cannot change my billing address to a different country on my paypal account, because it is an American paypal account. So what your billing support is asking me to do is impossible.

Trust me I tried to get a replacement debit card by changing my address to where I'm currently residing, it is not possible.

Your service is lovely, I love your tech support whenever I encounter an issue, and the VM has been running smoothly as I use it daily for python developing.

However, your billing support and restrictions is lacking severely and I would rate it 1/10, the worst I have encountered. If it wasn't for your superb pricing and product you are offering I wouldn't have even opened a ticket and bothered to buy a VM and would have gone to Linode or something else.

Please, just put your self fund option back. I hate opening a ticket just to order a new VM when I need it.

Comments

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

They are known to strict to such issues as they have policy and terms regarding that to protect from fraud or such . This is how they operate for many years. Francisco has posted about this 200 times at least in forums haha

maybe try another hosting then ?

Thanked by 1IAlwaysBeCoding
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@hostdare said:
    They are known to strict to such issues as they have policy and terms regarding that to protect from fraud or such . This is how they operate for many years.

I think the point is that he's been vouched for in the past and thus shouldn't need to go through the process each time he creates a new order. Switching to a more lenient provider would be at the cost of reliability and the level of service BuyVM offers.

• @MasonR said:

@hostdare said:
    They are known to strict to such issues as they have policy and terms regarding that to protect from fraud or such . This is how they operate for many years.

I think the point is that he's been vouched for in the past and thus shouldn't need to go through the process each time he creates a new order. Switching to a more lenient provider would be at the cost of reliability and the level of service BuyVM offers.

This, and if it is not possible because @Francisco doesn't have access to modify maxmind, then he should bring back the self fund option through the panel which he does have access too.

I'm not sure why he removed it, when it worked flawlessly for me. @Francisco offers a really good product at a superb price, plus the cpu speed on the vms is 3.5ghz+. That's a lot better than 2.0ghz+ from digital ocean or 2.4ghz+ from Linode.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2017
  • That is the whole point of my thread, I don't want to open a ticket explaining to the same person why my IP doesn't match.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

That is the whole point of my thread, I don't want to open a ticket explaining to the same person why my IP doesn't match.

You can always just ask to talk to franfran.

Thanked by 1IAlwaysBeCoding
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@IAlwaysBeCoding Why not just open a ticket with this request and ask them to kick it over to Francisco?

• I can't speak as to which gateway BuyVM uses, but I know for us we had to remove the adding funds feature when we switched to 2checkout for accepting credit/debit payments. Their ToS forbids us from allowing clients to do this. Maybe BuyVM had a similar issue, or maybe it's just fraud prevention.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Arch_Liam said: maybe it's just fraud prevention.

Yes it is to prevent people from using hacked cards and such stuff . We did disable it previously when using 2co

• jaja, que pendejo.

que necesitas? yo si puedo pedir directo xD

• @dedicados porque no te vas a ver si ya puso la marrana.

• tu dime mejor! jaja

ya en serio, porque uno usas una vpn para estar en los angeles, en vez de tu ip de Italia.

• Hi OP, I know it'll be shady, but, have you tried to place your payment using a VPN to get a US IP? It might allow the checkout to pass, but probably Paypal will complaint and ask for some extra verification (probably thru a code send to your phone)

• @dedicados said:
    tu dime mejor! jaja

ya en serio, porque uno usas una vpn para estar en los angeles, en vez de tu ip de Italia.

No pos ta cabron porke wacha si uso un vpn y despues me cachan que estoy usando un vpn, pues me la van hacer mas de pedo y me voy a meter en otro rollo.

Sere mamon , tendre un osico como nadie mas, hare encabronar al pinchi gringo de LET que se la pasa todo el dia posteando pendejadas y mamadas, pero yo no soy culero cuando se trata de hacer negocios. Yo soy un hombre honesto y honrado como los pocos que restan en el mundo.

Ahi nos vidrios compa, necesito regresar a la chinga tengo un monton de jale que terminar.

• @Oseri said:
    Hi OP, I know it'll be shady, but, have you tried to place your payment using a VPN to get a US IP? It might allow the checkout to pass, but probably Paypal will complaint and ask for some extra verification (probably thru a code send to your phone)

Well they got me fucked up if I have to do that, because check this out if I use a vpn then later on they catch me using one, then later on they will start asking all sort of questions why I was behind a vpn and will get me in a bigger mess.

I know that I am a smartass sometimes, might have a big mouth like nobody else, might make that fucking gringo from LET that spends all day on LET posting bullshit and stupid shit, but I'm not that kind of shady person when it comes to doing business. I'm an honest and humble person, like the few that are left in this world.

I'll catch you guys later, I have to return to all this work I have pile on that I have to finish.

• Oseri said: Hi OP, I know it'll be shady, but, have you tried to place your payment using a VPN to get a US IP? It might allow the checkout to pass, but probably Paypal will complaint and ask for some extra verification (probably thru a code send to your phone)

best way to get taken out back and kicked in the balls repeatedly by a horse for being a retard

• yeah use Hola, worth a try next time...

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
    edited December 2017

Mexicans being Mexicans

• no entendí ni la mitad...

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • LeeLee Veteran

IAlwaysBeCoding said: I am a smartass sometimes

You're not.

IAlwaysBeCoding said: might have a big mouth

You do.

IAlwaysBeCoding said: might make that fucking gringo from LET that spends all day on LET posting bullshit and stupid shit,

Hah, @WSS, I knew this was you right away.

Thanked by 1pluush
  • edited December 2017

@Lee Brah! why do you have to be calling the guy who has la migra on speed dial? He is gonna round up all of the mexicans on these thread and report them back to Mexico lindo y querido.

That's bad, that's bad, that's bad!

• LeeLee Veteran

Everyone forum has that one guy, LET has @WSS

• edited December 2017

@Lee said:
    Everyone forum has that one guy, LET has @WSS

Exactly, and because I confronted him head on when I first arrived here, he thought this was a re-reg. Because he thinks his attitude is so unique, that how would I know who he was, as if a new-comer can't see his name on almost every single thread and the shit he posts. I told him so many times that I've been members on so many forums for 14 years, there is always a @WSS that uses a forum for his personal dumping zone.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Interesting, the thread started with BuyVM in topic but it's now somehow about WSS and the guy hasn't even posted, yet.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2017

Arch_Liam said: it's just fraud prevention.

Exactly.

The "Add Funds" option doesn't run any fraud modules against the transaction, so we ended up having cases where someone would signup for a small service and be clean, and then they would add $XXX to their account with a stolen credit card or similar.

You're welcome to ticket billing and Karen will create a topup invoice for you.

Francisco

• Plus dealing with people who added funds and want to withdraw them are a pain also.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • El gringo de LET jajaja

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@doughmanes said:
    Plus dealing with people who added funds and want to withdraw them are a pain also.

Users get a single time for a refund from us and that's on the initial order. Any cancellations after that are normally account credit, so it would've applied here too.

Francisco

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • lf "la migra"

lol

• Oh interesting, I didn't realize add funds wasn't fraud checked, which I guess explains why I've had so little trouble with it. I use add funds simply because it helps be sure I won't run into drama due to hassles with fraud checks at the moment a service has to be renewed. I guess I'll open a ticket next time my balance starts getting low.

I've gotten pretty annoyed with needing someone else's permission (the card company's etc.) to spend my own money, i.e. getting transactions declined because some algorithm thought a purchase looked shady when it was perfectly good (happens all the time with overseas purchases). I think the law in the US is that a credit card holder can be liable for up to $50 of card fraud (against stolen card, say) and the bank is responsible for the rest, but in practice almost all card issuers waive the $50 so the cardholder is liable for $0. That means very aggressive checks against even tiny transactions like when I tried to order $10 of electronics from Aliexpress and got my account blocked.

I wish there was something I could sign saying I want to be on the hook for the $50 myself, so if someone steals my card and runs a bunk $10 charge, I have to pay for it. In return I want all the checks to be turned off for these small transactions unless I've reported the card stolen. Of course I still want them to do the checks for say a $1000 transaction, but even then, if something goes wrong I still have to pay the first $50.

This non-reversability does more to make cryptocurrency attractive to me than any of the cyber rebel anonymity / tax evasion stuff. In fact it would be great if the IRS issued its own crypto currency so people could use it with the IRS knowing it was completely above board.

Thanked by 1uptime