Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedibox XC SATA 2015 vs Kimsufi KS-4C (I5 3750S)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedibox XC SATA 2015 vs Kimsufi KS-4C (I5 3750S)

Online.net offered me in exchange for the faulty XC 2016, the Dedibox XC SATA 2015 at 10.99€ a month.

The specs are: Model: SuperMicro® A1SA2-2750F CPU: Intel® C2750 (Avoton) 8 cores, 8 threads @2.4 Ghz x64, VT-x, AES-NI RAM: 8Go DDR-3 ECC Hard disk: 1 TB SATA3 Equipment Supervision: IPMI Connectivity: 1 Gbit/sec Internet bandwidth guaranteed: 200 MBit/s Datacenter: Datacenter DC2 or Datacenter DC3

Guys, what should I do? Right now I have also a Kimsufi KS-4C (I5 3750S) with 16 Gb RAM with 10.99 euro/month as well. For me I would choose the Dedibox for the additional IP as I am sick of the Kimsufi NAT IP setup.

Between C2750 and I5 3750S what should I choose ? I want to host a VM with Cpanel and my personal websites (10-12 WP with not so much traffic).

Both are hosted in Paris, Kimsufi on 100 mbit/s and XC 2015 on 200 Mbit/s.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1fLoo

Comments

• if you have a enough income why not keep both one used for a redundant node?

Thanked by 1HWAYS
  • It would fine for me, but I dont want to spend more.

• It's not make sense. XC had 1Gbps bandwidth, besides the double RAM. The ones in Paris is not having I/O any problems. I have one in Paris and it's working pretty fine. Ask for online.net for replace your server for one SSD version in AMS or HDD/SSD version in Paris. Kimsufi i5 promotion pricing is pretty pricing/performance good and comes with Anti DDOS protection.

Thanked by 1HWAYS
  • HWAYSHWAYS Member
    edited December 2017

@mtsbatalha: 2 days ago I bought XC 2016. But it failed and ONLINE.net offer me either XC 2015 or a full refund. No exchange.

As for I5 as I wrote, I have one with only 10.99 euros/month (promo).

PS: XC 2015 comes with only 200 mbits guaranteed.

Should I keep XC 2015 or KS 4C?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

No cheap Online.net has Gbit, it has Gbit peak, if you use it to much, they throttle you down to 100Mbit.

Kimsufi has better network and lower latency

The i5 has better CPU performance, more Memory.

It depends if the location matters pick the one you need otherwise Kimsufi.

Except for the Support at Kimsufi, keep backups and have a Plan B for a failover.

Thanked by 2HWAYS rm_
  • @Neoon said:
    No cheap Online.net has Gbit, it has Gbit peak, if you use it to much, they throttle you down to 100Mbit.

Except for the Support at Kimsufi, keep backups and have a Plan B for a failover.

Guarenteed bandwidth: 1Gbps.

https://documentation.online.net/en/dedicated-server/offers/2016/server-dedibox-xc-2016

I'm getting peaks up to 2.5Gbps with my one without any problem.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2017

@mtsbatalha said:

@Neoon said:

https://documentation.online.net/en/dedicated-server/offers/2016/server-dedibox-xc-2016

Interesting...

Well, push 300TB in 30 Days, then wait.

• @mtsbatalha said:

@Neoon said:

Yes, but they will offer me this one:
    https://documentation.online.net/en/dedicated-server/offers/2014/server-dedibox-xc

• Just wondering, when did you got the KS-4C so cheap? At that price I second you shall keep it (if you decide to get rid of it, I'll gladly take it)

• HWAYSHWAYS Member
    edited December 2017
    Thanked by 1Oseri
  • If you don't need that much storage why didn't you choose an online box with SSD? Safer (kinda.. still no RAID!) than an hdd if you get a good drive and faster for you dbb needs.

I had this question and I choose online, because their support is way better than OVH from my experience. But I had to choose between intel SSD @ online & an hdd with OVH, if there had been a good SSD at OVH I might have kept the i5.

As long as you have no problem it won't matter much, we might even say that OVH is a bit better (network, cpu) - but each time I had to contact online support it was fast & good communication, while with ovh is was pretty slow & painful. I might have had no luck with ovh or they might have better practice now tough..

• @HWAYS said:
    @Oseri: One year ago!

https://imgur.com/a/YiYBf

Im jealous with you. If I were you. I will keep that. I5 is much better. Aummmmm hehehe

Thanked by 1HWAYS
  • @HWAYS said:
    @Oseri: One year ago!

Lucky you! The cheapest this year (that I was aware of) was around €16

• @HWAYS
    when the cpu fried itself did they offer you a way to recover your files?

• Unfortunately this happened on the first install, the very first time. I rejected their offer for xc 2015 btw.

• So I decided to go with my KS 4 and installed plesk. I preferred cpanel but didn't find a way to install a NAT IP on proxmox 4 or 5. On proxmox 3 was easy but on proxmox 4 or 5 was impossible at least for me.

• Pay me half of that every month instead, and keep the change.

• @cheapwebdev: I am lazy, I prefer a panel for my projects ...

• Just create a new bridge device and bind that for your NAT devices.

• WSS said: Just create a new bridge device and bind that for your NAT devices.

Did it so easy in Proxmox 3. No problem. In 4/5 I reinstalled and tried 5 times. In vain.