Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Automatic Renewal Billing Coming to OVH
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Automatic Renewal Billing Coming to OVH

ljsealsljseals Member
edited November 2017 in General

We are pleased to announce that the automatic renewal feature will be available for all your services, effective on December 4, 2017.

You no longer need to worry about the expiry date of your services and can now completely focus on your projects. Any service you will subscribe to as of December 4 will be automatically renewed for the same period of time.

For existing services, the automatic renewal can be activated directly from your customer interface.

More Info At FAQ

https://docs.ovh.com/ca/en/billing/faq-new-automatic-renewal-ovh/#xtor=ES-8-[AutorenewRappel]-20171130-[faq.cta]

Thanked by 1szarka

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thats old, OOOOOOOOLD.

If I would drop them your SEPA details, they do it for you since years.

Thanked by 2rm_ WHT
  • I call it "wife service".

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I hate stuff like this. I'm assuming there's also a way to deactivate it lol.

• @MikeA said:

Reading is hard.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@WSS said:

@MikeA said:

Reading is hard.

I did read it.

• the main advantage of OVH was just that it was possible to extend any order, at any time, for any period.
    and there was no need to worry about a heap of server failures beforehand. just do not prolong and the server is deleted. and with the shit method of payment you need to spend a lot of time on correspondence with customers and risk their balance, or put beforehand the removal of client servers, and then cancel cancellation if someone pays

make themselves worse.
    resell them is more inconvenient

I hope the IE branch does not.
    FR branch has long been spoiled and not suitable for orders
    now here is CA too

• Ugh, resellers are hard to please.

• @MikeA said:

@WSS said:

@MikeA said:

Reading is hard.

I did read it.

As nasty as German laws are and how you need to cancel X period before something comes up for renewal, I see this as just a cash grab- not that OVH needs it. Of course there will be a way to disable/cancel, but it won't be straightforward.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

Looks like they're accepting chargebacks too now?

• @Neoon said:
    Thats old, OOOOOOOOLD.

If I would drop them your SEPA details, they do it for you since years.

I think this is new.

How much time do I have to resolve a payment incident?

You must pay for any outstanding invoice within 7 days of the date when the payment incident occurred. Please know that if you fail to pay within 7 days, we will suspend your service and we will launch a recovery process against you. Moreover, we reserve the right to suspend all of your services if you haven’t corrected the situation.

• just do not forget that payment systems have limits.
    for example, i pay 1000 servers(EX40) with a monthly account in hetzner - I need to make 40 accounts of 25 servers, and 40 different purses, because I could never pay this amount in one amount.

so that the convenient method of payment - the best sales
    in Europe everywhere was the most disgusting method of payment.
    we in Russia for example, any service can be extended at any time.

OVH won from all only because it is convenient to buy and pay there

and with monthly bills - it will become the same as others from Europe - not convenient for sales

ljseals said: I think this is new.

You must pay for any outstanding invoice within 7 days of the date when the payment incident occurred. Please know that if you fail to pay within 7 days, we will suspend your service and we will launch a recovery process against you. Moreover, we reserve the right to suspend all of your services if you haven’t corrected the situation.

one more minus - because of one customer who does not pay. and if you do not want to pay for it at your own expense. then the account will be banned along with other services.
    one more minus - the risks of sales increase.

with this approach, the outflow of orders for 1 month will begin. because to risk their balance for 1 month to buy very few people will. The monthly invoice is only suitable for customers who are verified, which will be paid for for a long time.

I personally do not understand why the OVH itself does not understand - that it won in the market only because the services were not connected to a monthly account.
    it was a unique phenomenon for Europe

Thanked by 2ljseals Vova1234
  • sinsin Member
    edited November 2017

I find it lame that they're going to turn automatic renewal on for everyone so you have to specifically deactivate it through their panel. Hopefully everyone gets those emails and remembers to login to deactivate it if they need to.

"Any service you will subscribe to as of December 4 will be automatically renewed for the same period of time."

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@alice2k said:
    just do not forget that payment systems have limits.
    for example, i pay 1000 servers(EX40) with a monthly account in hetzner - I need to make 40 accounts of 25 servers, and 40 different purses, because I could never pay this amount in one amount.

so that the convenient method of payment - the best sales
    in Europe everywhere was the most disgusting method of payment.
    we in Russia for example, any service can be extended at any time.

OVH won from all only because it is convenient to buy and pay there

and with monthly bills - it will become the same as others from Europe - not convenient for sales

ljseals said: I think this is new.

one more minus - because of one customer who does not pay. and if you do not want to pay for it at your own expense. then the account will be banned along with other services.
    one more minus - the risks of sales increase.

with this approach, the outflow of orders for 1 month will begin. because to risk their balance for 1 month to buy very few people will. The monthly invoice is only suitable for customers who are verified, which will be paid for for a long time.

I personally do not understand why the OVH itself does not understand - that it won in the market only because the services were not connected to a monthly account.
    it was a unique phenomenon for Europe

Having such big amount with them I am sure they would be happy to arrange something custom for you.

• people hate changes

• OVH has made many mistakes in invoices when it comes to billing.. search LEB for examples. Autorenew will only work in their favor to rob you.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

Having such big amount with them I am sure they would be happy to arrange something custom for you.

No one does it. Nobody cares.

• @Vova1234 said:

No one does it. Nobody cares.

agreed, why should hetzner do much about it anyway?

if you are big enough to order and pay costs like 50k each month, you for sure are able to sort things out with the key account manager of your bank to pay that invoice on time regardless of the amount. the obligation to pay is your part in that contract so you have to deal with the given options like SEPA or creditcard or whatever they accept. if you have to small limits for payments on those, that's not hetzner problem to deal with.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@alice2k said:
    the main advantage of OVH was just that it was possible to extend any order, at any time, for any period.
    and there was no need to worry about a heap of server failures beforehand. just do not prolong and the server is deleted. and with the shit method of payment you need to spend a lot of time on correspondence with customers and risk their balance, or put beforehand the removal of client servers, and then cancel cancellation if someone pays

make themselves worse.
    resell them is more inconvenient

I hope the IE branch does not.
    FR branch has long been spoiled and not suitable for orders
    now here is CA too

Or, they could have the billing process like the entire industry, OVH is catching up finally, and actually deliver a service that won’t require you to swap servers to get a fix. For the latter yiu’ll Probably have to wait a while.

edited December 2017

Falzo said: if you are big enough to order and pay costs like 50k each month, you for sure are able to sort things out with the key account manager of your bank to pay that invoice on time regardless of the amount. the obligation to pay is your part in that contract so you have to deal with the given options like SEPA or creditcard or whatever they accept. if you have to small limits for payments on those, that's not hetzner problem to deal with.

And what about anonymity? We are Internet customers. And we do not have a company. Just different people from different cities. I'm working with @alice2k and he never saw me, and I have him. He was a long time in hosting, I only joined in 2016.

At the expense of Hetzner, we do not sell Hetzner for one piece through stupid monthly bills.

We live in the CIS: Russia, Ukraine.
    The countries of the former USSR are different from the same Europe, America.

For example, how does the server look like? There is a student schoolchild, 15-16 years old. He has a Minecraft gaming server and raises it on donate 200-300k rub ~ 3-5k $. An example of communication. Clients are different. This is just one of their kind.

Standard customer dialog in billing:

Customer: Hello. Saw here you can buy servers. I want this configuration: i7-7700K OC 4.7 GHz - 5.00 GHz (4c / 8t) 64 GB DDR4 2400 MHz 2x450 GB SSD

I: No problem. Here are the details of Webmoney, Yandex.Money, Qiwi, ADVcash, epayments and others.

What operating system should I install?

Customer: I paid. Debian 7.

Me: Here are the accesses to the OS. If you reinstall or that it will be necessary, you will write.

Customer: Thank you.

For example, how can I get on the money if it's a monthly bill.

The server was purchased on 5/10/2017. In the billing on my hosting date - 5/10/2017

Invoice - 1/10/2017 - I renew all services on my account at my own expense!

I receive the dates for server:
    5/11/2017

And the client disappears and it does not extend the server. It turns out that I bought myself a server which I do not need. And if, as in OVH, now the server just goes into SUSPENSION and that's it.

And when the client appears on the 7/11/2017 of the day, I just click on the link to extend the server, it's REACTIVATION. And I'm overloading and everything is ready.
    And the customer is satisfied and I'm happy and OVH are happy because they brought money on a silver platter.

I was tortured, for example, every time I write to clients, will you renew it? I'm doing the cancellation. It is already like a bank collector, not a hoster.

OVH created a whole bunch of resellers, and now begins to kill their income.
    Clients which take servers for a month are immediately cut off. And now also it is necessary to explain clients much more than before.

Game servers in Poland with anti-ddos at the price of SYS would have gone oh, as well, constantly complaining customers with CIS that pings are big.

• @sin said:
    I find it lame that they're going to turn automatic renewal on for everyone so you have to specifically deactivate it through their panel. Hopefully everyone gets those emails and remembers to login to deactivate it if they need to.

"Any service you will subscribe to as of December 4 will be automatically renewed for the same period of time."

yeah 2 sides to that though. I tried manually enable auto renew on my OVH server but kept getting error/failure sorry for inconvience messages heh. Not sure if it's because I am on 3 monthly payments where next payment is in Jan 2018.

• I repeat. NO ONE CARES.

• Vova1234 said: And the client disappears and it does not extend the server. It turns out that I bought myself a server which I do not need.

so how should this be hetzners problem then? it obviously is your business model to take such risks and not hetzners...

even more: that is exactly why hetzner should under no circumstances make weird custom payments agreements which would make them take over the risks for customers working on next-to-no margins or working as a middleman for underaged.

and most likely even OVH tries to avoid such things for the future and gently pushes away from the former methods...

any serious business that might handle 1000 servers with any provider shouldn't have a problem in paying for those once a month without bending over backwards... just sayin'

Thanked by 1Clouvider
    edited December 2017

even more: that is exactly why hetzner should under no circumstances make weird custom payments agreements which would make them take over the risks for customers working on next-to-no margins or working as a middleman for underaged.

and most likely even OVH tries to avoid such things for the future and gently pushes away from the former methods...

any serious business that might handle 1000 servers with any provider shouldn't have a problem in paying for those once a month without bending over backwards... just sayin'

If it was a business with some kind of company then yes. There contracts are different to conclude and stuff. But it's not interesting. Well and yes, there are two kinds of customers. Corporate and Internet customers. I have Internet clients. Let's say a dude from the Internet needs 100 servers for mining, I do not think that he will buy them under a contract to somebody, but simply buy through a reseller what fits in the data center and in all orders of the data center. Will pay directly to the Webmoney/Qiwi/Yandex.Money purse, and the reseller will process and order everything. Will overtake money on cards, will make in data-center, will install OS and will give out accesses.

Sometimes a hoster can be like an exchanger of money. Just in Russia, PayPal and cards are not popular, but Webmoney, Yandex, Qiwi are popular and use them all.

It will be like a unique phenomenon and a proof to the world that everything is possible.

But in this case it will only interfere. Well, for example, I said about schoolchildren. In addition, they also have enough other people. Dozens of reasons why they buy from resellers in the CIS. Someone is too lazy to understand, he just asks the reseller to buy him a dozen servers and install such an OS and everything.
    I myself am not particularly grown up, 22. I just get along with the same age as me, from the floor I understand the words.

Even it is convenient for me to extend servers to myself. I have 10 servers involved under my sites, it's easier for me to take them and extend some for example 5 months in advance immediately than by paying a monthly bill.

But just a company will lose money that's all. The same OVH if it came to competently: https://partners.ovh.com/ they could create an army of resellers in different countries. And this is the free income that will always bring. Or no one wants to earn, but live with the money of investors?

In the future, I see that large data centers like monopolies operate as a server plant, and many resellers sell them in their languages ​​through their billing and with their services.

For example @alice2k domain extended for 100 years ahead.

And the servers are also up to 2019, and the domains up to 2025.

Here's how to buy hundred of servers in Hetzner in 2015: http://obzor.ly/2015/12/evropejsko-sovkovyj-metod-oplaty/

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited December 2017

Strange. I clicked on a thread about OVH re-inventing something called automatic billing. But I am reading about Hetzner.

Lov LET.

• They are billing me for an automatic billing, but hey they're just enabling it now!!! the funniest part it is a duplicated value, and I have no running service with them.

From email thread with the OVH guys:

1) There's no "Kill this stuff" button anywhere, and, as you said "If you do not pay for the renewal, of course your VPS will be shut down." so I did not pay for one of my two servers and it was killed and removed from my account, I was expecting to happen the same with the referenced one.

2) There was not Auto-Renewal functionality at that time (you're activating it now), I did pay always manually or via prepaid account, and again, there's not "Delete this shit" button to stop reloading automatically my account, so, I did remove my PayPal and CC, what else can I do with a so limited admin panel?

3) I did pay the last bill of the referenced server, even (a month) after it was deactivated, and even now, It remains deactivated, inaccessible, is not my fault you guys have no way to delete it via control panel, and why dit it worked once with another server and not now?

4) Then, what the heck are you asking for?