Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 50% Recurring on OpenVZ - KVM - Xen
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 50% Recurring on OpenVZ - KVM - Xen

HostSailorHostSailor Member, Patron Provider
edited November 2017 in Offers

HostSailor has established itself as a trusted provider of high quality VPS Hosting, Dedicated servers, Domains, and SSL Certificates with top notch support and impeccable reputation and also offers some of the most competitive pricing, without sacrificing on the quality of the products and services.

HostSailor is based in Dubai, UAE and the services are physically located in Netherlands, all servers are HP and 100% owned, we do not resell any of our VPS services.

Operating systems: ( CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Scientific, Suse and Ubuntu ) If we don't have it, we can install it for you! or you can request us to mount your own image.

• Discounts: 50% OFF Recurring Annually Using Coupon Code: BLKFRDLET
  • Discounts: 40% OFF Recurring Semi-Annually Using Coupon Code: BLKFRDLET40

Linux OpenVZ:

Mini Sailor:

• 256MB Guaranteed RAM
  • 256MB VSwap RAM
  • 15 GB HDD
  • 1 Core
  • 1 Gbit Port
  • 256 GB Bandwidth
  • 1 IPV4 address
  • /64 IPv6
  • SolusVM Control Panel
  • Hosted in Netherlands & Romania
  • $7.16 / Semi-Annually
  • $11.9 / Year
  • Annually 50% Coupon: BLKFRDLET
  • Semi-Annually 40% Coupon: BLKFRDLET40

Link: https://clients.hostsailor.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=162

Seaman:

• 1GB Guaranteed RAM
  • 1GB VSwap RAM
  • 45 GB HDD
  • 2 Core
  • 1 Gbit Port
  • 1 TB Bandwidth
  • 1 IPV4 address
  • /64 IPv6
  • SolusVM Control Panel
  • Hosted in Netherlands & Romania
  • $17.96/ Semi-Annually
  • $29.94 / Year

To check all our OpenVZ plans or place an order go to http://hostsailor.com/vps-hosting/openvz-vps/

=====================================

Linux SSD OpenVZ:

Sailor:

• 512 Guaranteed RAM
  • 512 VSwap RAM
  • 15 GB SSD
  • 1 Core
  • 1 Gbit Port
  • 512 GB Bandwidth
  • 1 IPV4 address
  • /64 IPv6
  • SolusVM Control Panel
  • Hosted in Netherlands
  • $17.96/ Semi-Annually
  • $29.94 / Year

To check all our SSD OpenVZ plans or place an order go to http://hostsailor.com/vps-hosting/openvz-ssd-vps/

Linux XEN & KVM:

Operating systems: ( CentOS 6.5, Debian 7.4, Fedora 20, Scientific 6.5, and Gentoo 2014 )

Sailor:

• 512 Guaranteed RAM
  • 512 SWAP
  • 20 GB midline SAS
  • 2 Cores
  • 1 Gbit Port
  • 512 GB Bandwidth
  • 1 IPV4 address
  • /64 IPv6
  • SolusVM Control Panel
  • Hosted in Netherlands
  • $14.36/ Semi-Annually
  • $23.94 / Year

======================================

Seaman:

• 1GB Guaranteed RAM
  • 1GB SWAP
  • 30 GB midline SAS
  • 4 Cores
  • 1 Gbit Port
  • 1TB GB Bandwidth
  • 1 IPV4 address
  • /64 IPv6
  • SolusVM Control Panel
  • Hosted in Netherlands ( Xen )
  • Hosted in Romania & Netherlands ( KVM )
  • $41.94 / Year

To check all our XEN plans or place an order go to http://hostsailor.com/vps-hosting/xen-vps/

To check all our KVM plans or place an order go to http://hostsailor.com/vps-hosting/kvm-vps/

Windows Seaman RDP:

• 512 Guaranteed RAM
  • 30 GB SATA
  • 2 Cores
  • 1 Gbit Port
  • 512 GB Bandwidth
  • 1 IPV4 address
  • /64 IPv6
  • SolusVM Control Panel
  • Hosted in Netherlands
  • $21.56 semi-yearly
  • $35.94 / Year

To check all our KVM plans or place an order go to http://hostsailor.com/vps-hosting/kvm-vps/windows-vps/

Payment methods:

PayPal, Bank Transfer, CashU, PaySafeCard, Skrill, WebMoney, Bitcoin, Yandex Money, LiteCoin, DogeCoin, OkPay, Western Union / Moneygram, and Perfect Money.

Features:

1. Instant setup
  2. Every VPS is connected via a Gbit port
  3. IPV4 and IPV6 enabled VPS
  4. Hardware RAID 10 for optimum disk performance
  5. Backups on the Go
  6. Managed services
  7. Support of TUN, TAP, and PPTP by default
  8. SolusVM Control Panel
  9. Flexible Upgrading / easy scalability
  10. VPS located in Netherlands
  11. Reverse DNS
  12. Free incoming bandwidth

HostSailor:

• To know more about us visit Our Company
  • To check our terms of use please click on TOS
  • We offer an amazing service level agreement at SLA
  • For our Acceptable use policy check AUP
  • To get more info about our data center check Our Data Center

FAQ and Support:

• Please check our FAQ
  • To get intouch with us via email please use Contact us
  • To get intouch with us via livechat, please visit our site at HostSailor and we'll be happy to help!

Comments

• LampardLampard Member, Patron Provider

512 MB RAM OVZ for $29.94 / Year In Black Friday? $6/year is common everywhere.

• HostSailorHostSailor Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2017

@Lampard said:

You can find prices even cheaper than $6 but we do not do Overselling
    We provide cheap prices but we must also make sure the quality of service is high.

Also the $29.94 OVZ is 1GB Ram not 512MB - Maybe you mixed OVZ SSD with OVZ, Check the post again and let me know if you have any questions and i will be glad to assist you.

• @HostSailor said:

@Lampard said:

We provide cheap prices but we must also make sure the quality of service is high.

Also the $29.94 OVZ is 1GB Ram not 512MB - Maybe you mixed OVZ SSD with OVZ, Check the post again and let me know if you have any questions and i will be glad to assist you.

Now hold on! Are you claiming (putting in writing which I can take to court as a legally binding contract) that you are provided dedicated VPS resources?

edited November 2017

@cheapwebdev said:

@HostSailor said:

@Lampard said:

Now hold on! Are you claiming (putting in writing which I can take to court as a legally binding contract) that you are provided dedicated VPS resources?

We did not say anywhere we will give you dedicated resources with a VPS, we clearly said we "do not oversell our services" like others do, and to prove it we acquired one LET provider months ago and found out they hosted hundreds on a single server, so that's enough proof that most of the providers here do the same, they add an incredible amount of users on a single node, we simply do not, our profit margin is low per each server but we maintain speed, reliability, performance and most of all stability.

P.S

XEN does not allow overselling, and uses own kernel.

KVM does not allow overselling with disk, but allows overselling with ram, and uses own kernel.

VZ allows overselling for ram/disk, and uses the main node's kernel.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @HostSailor said:

@cheapwebdev said:

@HostSailor said:

@Lampard said:

We did not say anywhere we will give you dedicated resources with a VPS, we clearly said we "do not oversell our services" like others do, and to prove it we acquired one LET provider months ago and found out they hosted hundreds on a single server, so that's enough proof that most of the providers here do the same, they add an incredible amount of users on a single node, we simply do not, our profit margin is low per each server but we maintain speed, reliability, performance and most of all stability.

P.S

XEN does not allow overselling, and uses own kernel.

KVM does not allow overselling with disk, but allows overselling with ram, and uses own kernel.

VZ allows overselling for ram/disk, and uses the main node's kernel.

I understand you mean you don't do "absurdly" exteme overselling like AlphaRacks and Hostodo. But you still oversell where it's reasonable and we all respect that.

• FYI, I used to have a sponsorship from these guys, and they are not a good, ethical company. They all of a sudden demanded payment for a server they used to sponsor without any prior communication whatsoever, and they held the server hostage (offline) while I had to argue with their support team to try and get the data that was on it (my backups were a week old and I wanted to see if I could more current ones).

Even if you do pay for their service, think of this: why would they offer a 50% off, recurring? Hosting companies that do not over sell would never offer something like that. From what I can attest to, their network performance is fine, but had more downtime than OVH.

Honestly, use a reputable company like OVH or RamNode for your hosting.

edited December 2017

@Techman said:
    FYI, I used to have a sponsorship from these guys, and they are not a good, ethical company. They all of a sudden demanded payment for a server they used to sponsor without any prior communication whatsoever, and they held the server hostage (offline) while I had to argue with their support team to try and get the data that was on it (my backups were a week old and I wanted to see if I could more current ones).

Even if you do pay for their service, think of this: why would they offer a 50% off, recurring? Hosting companies that do not over sell would never offer something like that. From what I can attest to, their network performance is fine, but had more downtime than OVH.

After looking into this with our team, we realized that we have given you one year and half of free service, not really sure how can that back fire at us? we gave you a free service and your sponsorship generated no conversions and no traffic (maybe some few users) so we simply decided to turn the free service into a paid one, you had one week to backup your data before it was terminated, and when it was terminated the last email we sent you was asking you a few questions, one of them was if we can still continue to offer you the server but with lower specs, and the second was if you want us to put the data we found back up so you can start backing up if you missed the chance, you never replied sadly since last year.

We believe a simple thank you for the free services we provided you was enough, but what you doing here just proves you're not appreciating what has been given to you without a single penny.

Re the overselling part, well I think you dont understand the purpose of the occasion, its simply done to promote our name and earn some new clients in hopes of having their business for years/months to come, the purpose was never money, we lose money to earn clients and if you think we doing that to oversell then you're good to go with OVH as you seem to mention them here and also on the tickets with us, if OVH were too good you'd be offered a free service with them, but they didn't so you came to us, and we gave you a free service.

• @HostSailor said:

@Techman said:
    FYI, I used to have a sponsorship from these guys, and they are not a good, ethical company. They all of a sudden demanded payment for a server they used to sponsor without any prior communication whatsoever, and they held the server hostage (offline) while I had to argue with their support team to try and get the data that was on it (my backups were a week old and I wanted to see if I could more current ones).

After looking into this with our team, we realized that we have given you one year and half of free service, not really sure how can that back fire at us? we gave you a free service and your sponsorship generated no conversions and no traffic (maybe some few users) so we simply decided to turn the free service into a paid one, you had one week to backup your data before it was terminated, and when it was terminated the last email we sent you was asking you a few questions, one of them was if we can still continue to offer you the server but with lower specs, and the second was if you want us to put the data we found back up so you can start backing up if you missed the chance, you never replied sadly since last year.

We believe a simple thank you for the free services we provided you was enough, but what you doing here just proves you're not appreciating what has been given to you without a single penny.

Re the overselling part, well I think you dont understand the purpose of the occasion, its simply done to promote our name and earn some new clients in hopes of having their business for years/months to come, the purpose was never money, we lose money to earn clients and if you think we doing that to oversell then you're good to go with OVH as you seem to mention them here and also on the tickets with us, if OVH were too good you'd be offered a free service with them, but they didn't so you came to us, and we gave you a free service.

If this is how you treat your clients, by not giving them any notice whatsoever it's going to bite you in the ass sooner rather than later.

Sure you gave them free stuff, but they had data loss because of your (in)actions.

• @HostSailor said:

@Techman said:

1. A sponsorship does not free you of ethical responsibilities nor your normal obligations as a hosting company. Sure, I wasn't a paying customer, but you don't get to treat me any less different otherwise. That is, unless you treat sponsored clients as second-class customers, which you voluntarily do because you allow these sponsored clients on your platform.

2. You're counting "a week" to back up data as when the invoice messages started appearing, to which I opened a support ticket during the entire duration of this saga. You or your systems (whatever) terminated the VPS while the ticket was still open, which is even more frustrating.

3. You stated in the top of the email "We do appreciate your time, and we have provided you with 17 months free of charge, I am sure that was something nice we did for you, we simply ran an audit and decided that we can not keep your account." Your offer for continued service was something I did not acknowledge at the time, but I'll poke fun at it now since you guys decided to reply. You offered to downgrade me to Mini Sailor instead of the Sailor package, which is a decrease in RAM from 512 MB to 256 MB, a 25 GB of disk space to 15 GB, and a bandwidth reduction from 512 GB to 256 GB. The difference between these two packages is $1 USD, and you say that you couldn't afford to keep the account? What a bunch of nonsense. You folks already oversell on OpenVZ, so what did it matter to decease the allotment?

4. My anger of your sudden suspension of the VPS while it was in-ticket is completely warranted, and it doesn't mean that I was overall ungrateful with the service.

5. OVH is a much better hosting company compared to you folks, even if they don't handout /64s like candy (they have a much large customer base to deal with, and larger abuse liability). They offer a better KVM for the price than you do, and they offer their in-house DDoS mitigation instead of renting filtered IPs.

6. I did not approach you folks because OVH refused to sponsor me (I don't even recall ever asking them, as I already had two separate services with them), but because of the lack of a European server for Techtronix.

Techtronix still does not have a server in the European area, and when I am asked about this, I point to this terrible experience with you folks as to why. You shouldn't even be concerned about me, really. The Techtronix community were the victims in this. They aren't thanking you for yanking their geographical server offline, and I'm certainly not. How should you settle this with them? Honestly, if your goal was to decrease the allotments on the VPS, you should have done that from the get-go instead of saving face towards they end by making that offer after I had draw up a storm over it.