Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virpus Black Friday Offers | 1GB SSD Cache VPS $1.50/mo | Intel Xeon E3 Bare Metal Cloud $35/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virpus Black Friday Offers | 1GB SSD Cache VPS $1.50/mo | Intel Xeon E3 Bare Metal Cloud $35/mo

VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

Virpus is a leading provider in Xen VPS Hosting and Bare Metal Cloud servers since 2006. We provide reliable industry leading virtualized solutions and services matched with unparalleled 24/7 support. Please check out our SSD Cache VPS, Pure SSD VPS, and Bare Metal Cloud Servers!

THE OFFERS:
Take 70% off our 1GB SSD-Cache VPS and Intel Xeon E3 Bare Metal Cloud plans for life!

*** Use Promo blackfriday2017 ***

THE SPECS:
---- SSD-Cache VPS - Ram 1GB - SSD-Cache Disk 50GB - BW 1.5TB - $1.50/month - ORDER NOW

---- Intel Xeon E3 Bare Metal Cloud - Ram 16GB - SATA Disk 500GB (2x) - BW 5TB - $35/month - ORDER NOW

---- + PLENTY OF MORE OPTIONS!

Sincerely, The Virpus Team

Comments

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Intel Xeon E3 Bare Metal Cloud

So its a VPS?

E3-1230 (8 cores) 500 x 2 GB in RAID 1 (440G allocated, 60G used for management) 16G RAM (14G allocated, 2G used for management) 5TB Transfer on 100Mbps 1 IP Address

Come on? its black friday man. The 1GB VPS offer is great. I'll have to call @Nekki to judge the 1GB though

• As your list of OSes is a bit... dated... how does one install something modern on the E3?

• Nah...Kujoe's offer was the best...even if this was better than Kujoe's I probably won't touch it....just read some of the FB comments...if it hasn't been deleted.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited November 2017

lewellyn said: As your list of OSes is a bit... dated... how does one install something modern on the E3?

apt get update
    apt upgrade
    apt dist-upgrade

?

• @Droidzone said:

lewellyn said: As your list of OSes is a bit... dated... how does one install something modern on the E3?

> apt get update
    > apt upgrade
    > apt dist-upgrade
    > 

?

As it looks like a "dedi" inside a VPS, who even knows what works? And what if I want something that's not on the anemic list, like you can do with most dedis?

• No idea. Got a vps because of the price, but it seems like it doesn't even have automatic provisioning after PayPal based payment.

• Agreed, for $1.50/mo ($18/yr) and outdated OSes, the AlphaRacks $7/yr deal is better on LEB. This does have more SSD disk though (50 GB vs. 20 GB).

• VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

@Droidzone said:
    No idea. Got a vps because of the price, but it seems like it doesn't even have automatic provisioning after PayPal based payment.

All servers are automatically deployed once payment is received

@bayarea15 said:
    Agreed, for $1.50/mo ($18/yr) and outdated OSes, the AlphaRacks $7/yr deal is better on LEB. This does have more SSD disk though (50 GB vs. 20 GB).

We offer all major OSes. The order form is a little dated, we'll work to get that updated. Howeever, once your VM is deployed, you can OS reload to just about any OS you can think of from our VPS control panel (new or old)

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited November 2017

Virpus said: All servers are automatically deployed once payment is received

Mine wasnt. Paypal sent me confirmation, but the service was inactive even after an hour. Today I see that it has been provisioned.

Don't you offer a SolusVM control panel? No provisioning email have been received from Virpus (not even in Spam). Since username hasn't been sent out, cant reset(create a new) password. Tech support has been informed.

• @Virpus said:

@bayarea15 said:
    Agreed, for $1.50/mo ($18/yr) and outdated OSes, the AlphaRacks $7/yr deal is better on LEB. This does have more SSD disk though (50 GB vs. 20 GB).

We offer all major OSes. The order form is a little dated, we'll work to get that updated. Howeever, once your VM is deployed, you can OS reload to just about any OS you can think of from our VPS control panel (new or old)

CentOS 7.1 64bit image doesn't work, didn't bother checking the cause. Missing Debian 9 or even 8. Can you get these fixed/uploaded?

• Why is this post comes on my recommendation again ?

• @yokowasis said:
    Why is this post comes on my recommendation again ?

BECAUSE IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO DO BUSINESS WITH VIRPUS

@TheOnlyDK said:

@Virpus said:

@bayarea15 said:

CentOS 7.1 64bit image doesn't work, didn't bother checking the cause. Missing Debian 9 or even 8. Can you get these fixed/uploaded?

Please submit a support ticket so that our technical team can take a look at why it isn't working for you, they are available 24/7 to assist as needed

@Droidzone said:

Virpus said: All servers are automatically deployed once payment is received

Mine wasnt. Paypal sent me confirmation, but the service was inactive even after an hour. Today I see that it has been provisioned.

Don't you offer a SolusVM control panel? No provisioning email have been received from Virpus (not even in Spam). Since username hasn't been sent out, cant reset(create a new) password. Tech support has been informed.

Yes, we do offer SolusVM - the link is in your welcome e-mail.

Please submit a ticket if you want us to resend your welcome e-mail to you. You can also view a copy of all e-mails sent by clicking on the "Emails" tab in your MyVirpus

• @lewellyn said:

@Droidzone said:

> > apt get update
    > > apt upgrade
    > > apt dist-upgrade
    > > 

?

As it looks like a "dedi" inside a VPS, who even knows what works? And what if I want something that's not on the anemic list, like you can do with most dedis?

i tried with the SVMCache-1024, it does work. first i booted into the debian netinst and tried to install a fresh debian9, but the formatter isn't happy about installing on a pre-existing partition, and the xen-pv host won't let you format the root /partition, so that did not work.. but following the instructions at http://www.pontikis.net/blog/debian-upgrade-wheezy-to-jessie , i successfully updated to jessie, rebooted, and updated to stretch (9), rebooted, noticed that it was still running the wheezy kernel, manually edited /boot/grub/menu.lst to boot into the Stretch kernel, rebooted again, and everything seems to be running smoothly.. but it took about an hour, i think

• @hanshenrik said:

but it took about an hour, i think

that said, if Virpus can't update their default systems, this WILL scare away potential customers (as well as waste customers time as it did mine about updating their ancient systems manually)... they really should fix that.

• itplanes01itplanes01 Member
    edited November 2017

My vps can not connect, can reply to the TK, it has been a day

• Possible to load windows and when we bring our own license ?

• @syd said:
    Possible to load windows and when we bring our own license ?

Sorry I was talking about the
    SSD-Cache VPS - Ram 1GB - SSD-Cache Disk 50GB - BW 1.5TB - $1.50/month -