Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk Community Rules (Updated April 2023) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk Community Rules (Updated April 2023)

Comments

• WSS said: It should be contained in a single thread, like the Cest Pit. No rules.

I like the "put it in a shitty place nobody looks at, and no rules" idea. My reflex was thinking @Amitz was bored with letting Jarland get all the scammers, and he was looking for a way to get more scammers in here. LET is already part of some peoples SEO strategy.

tl;dr - either don't do it, or do what WSS said

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@Amitz said:
    What about SEO, guys? Do we welcome posts or offers that advertise SEO services? I am not sure whether this topic is covered by some part of the rules yet...

unindexed and what @WSS said.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2017

The thread in question (removed in the meantime) was posted in Off-Topic, which is not indexed as far as I know. Well, I guess that the whole discussion is a bit pointless. At least the more I think about it. We seldom have cases that are that borderline. Most are plain spamming. Let's see if the problem turns up more often in future. Too many rules are bad, imho.

Thanked by 1alown
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Amitz said:
    What about SEO, guys? Do we welcome posts or offers that advertise SEO services? I am not sure whether this topic is covered by some part of the rules yet...

I'd say follow same path to request approval to post offers, and then make it clear what you're offering and why this is a good place to market it.

• Yeah, give them some dark corner. Do not just keep them away. After all, when you want to throw bombs you'd want to have some coordinates ...

• Yea, thread in question was created by me. I wasn't offering something, yet, sharing a lifetime offer I found to anyone who might find it useful - A deal for $49/one time fee. It's like that thread, "Hetzner 20 YEAR SPECIAL - no setup fee" but - for an SEO offer. My title was a bit too much, but it wasn't intended to spam.

Thanked by 1alown
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@nusprout Nope you were fucking spamming! Get real dude necro posting all those old ass threads.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Apologies if you're now banned from the LET/LEB IRC. I'm dealing with a bit of a Jonny infection...

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited September 2017

Edit: Reply to old comment.

• That was posted 3 weeks ago.

• @WSS said:
    That was posted 3 weeks ago.

Hm, yeah. I'm seeing so much unread content that I have read. Maybe some kind of rollback.

• I have read this community rules a lots of time.

But still i think, i have missed something and need to read again. :/

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

@Rayhan said:
    I have read this community rules a lots of time.

But still i think, i have missed something and need to read again. :/

You can’t make a rule about everything.

Use common sense.

Common sense would imply that removing your Original Post and running away won’t sit well with the community.

Thanked by 1Rayhan
  • @Clouvider said: Use common sense.

Will take care of this from now.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @Rayhan said:

@Clouvider said: Use common sense.

Will take care of this from now.

Banter

• "Common sense"? I'm enchanted because that means we can crucify him, right? Yay!

• @lion said:

The irony is extreme... a bit obvious, but I couldn’t resist myself.

• @WSS said:
    I have a complaint about the abelist nature of this forum.

I clicked "Post Comment", and I received an error message of "Body is required."

Being of person born without the constraints of a torso, I am highly offended!

This must be the first time you arguing against bodies.
    Especially those with specific features.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2017

Are there no requirements regarding WHOIS or an actual storefront for providers anymore or did I just miss this?

Thanked by 1solaire
  • @Ympker said:
    Are there no requirements regarding WHOIS or an actual storefront for providers anymore or did I just miss this?

You're confusing community rules with rules for selling: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/91406/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk/p1

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @teamacc said:

@Ympker said:

You're confusing community rules with rules for selling: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/91406/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk/p1

Ahh. I knew something was odd here haha :D

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Yeah splitting them up seems to make them far easier to digest. I hate that we have so many rules as it is. Hard to reduce them without regretting it.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @jarland said:
    Yeah splitting them up seems to make them far easier to digest. I hate that we have so many rules as it is. Hard to reduce them without regretting it.

Yeah don't worry. Odds are I was just very tired when reading this :P

• Got it I follow your rules and conditions.

• @Rdube123 said:
    Got it I follow your rules and conditions.

4 posts left.

• @jarland said:

New rule: all posts are government by the monarch. (and by monarch, we mean jarland’s female equivalent)

(no harm intended here)

Thanked by 1vanhels
  • Might the Gappa thing be getting out of hand a bit? I mean it is against Google rules isn't it? I know we don't need more rules, but doesn't this fall under illegal things?

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@AuroraZ said:
    Might the Gappa thing be getting out of hand a bit? I mean it is against Google rules isn't it? I know we don't need more rules, but doesn't this fall under illegal things?

Quote the law it's breaking. (p.s you can't, it's not but it should be banned either way)

• @AuroraZ said:
    Might the Gappa thing be getting out of hand a bit? I mean it is against Google rules isn't it? I know we don't need more rules, but doesn't this fall under illegal things?

Not illegal but definitely breaking Gapps policies.

It should be banned the same way anything that relates to breaking policies is banned.

Thanked by 2Clouvider Lee