Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any providers sell SWIFT based storage space?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• OVH offer this at dirt cheap pricing

https://www.ovh.com/us/public-cloud/storage/object-storage/

Used in the past, nice and quick and reliable

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@lukehebb said:
    OVH offer this at dirt cheap pricing

Note the outbound bandwidth cost.

Francisco

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:

@lukehebb said:
    OVH offer this at dirt cheap pricing

Note the outbound bandwidth cost.

Francisco

Which is very cheap compared to S3 or GCP Cloud Storage, same price as DigitalOcean Spaces, so I don't see why you would highlight the bandwidth costs?

• williewillie Member
    edited November 2017

nik said: Which is very cheap compared to S3 or GCP Cloud Storage, same price as DigitalOcean Spaces, so I don't see why you would highlight the bandwidth costs?

Because it's very steep compared to the bandwidth costs of a vps or dedi with comparable amount of storage, if you use lots of bw. And the raw storage is more expensive too, depending.

• @willie said:

nik said: Which is very cheap compared to S3 or GCP Cloud Storage, same price as DigitalOcean Spaces, so I don't see why you would highlight the bandwidth costs?

Because it's very steep compared to the bandwidth costs of a vps or dedi with comparable amount of storage, if you use lots of bw. And the raw storage is more expensive too, depending.

I am yet to see a VPS come in at 1.1c/GB for storage and bandwidth is an interesting thing to look at. With this your data is accessible at many Gbps, with a VPS its normally 100Mbps or 1Gbps if you're with someone really fancy

Object storage and a storage VPS are also two different products

I run a Laravel app on DO pushing to OVH Object Storage behind BunnyCDN and it works beautifully while costing me hardly anything

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
  • OVH data would be stored in Europe though right?

• @sureiam said:
    OVH data would be stored in Europe though right?

You can have it in Canada if you wish, but their other DCs are in Europe

• @lukehebb said:

@sureiam said:
    OVH data would be stored in Europe though right?

You can have it in Canada if you wish, but their other DCs are in Europe

Gotcha. Thanks

• lukehebb said: I am yet to see a VPS come in at 1.1c/GB for storage

There are tons of them--I have several. It's even easier with dedis (Hetzner auction etc).

You are probably onto something about network speed, but are you saying OVH Object Store users get faster transfer than OVH VPS or dedi users? I guess it's possible but they don't mention it anywhere.

BunnyCDN's volume tier (up to 500TB) starts at $5/TB and drops to $3/TB with 1000+ TB, fwiw. Their premium tier is $10/TB which is about like OVH, but they have POPs all over the world included with that, while OVH Object Store is from a single location. OVH has its own CDN which is also around $10/TB though.

Anyway it seems easy enough to run an object store on a dedi if not a VPS.

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@lukehebb said: I am yet to see a VPS come in at 1.1c/GB for storage and bandwidth

Easily doable depending on your requirements as you're basically pre-purchasing storage. If you're not using much then it'll obviously be cheaper to go with pay-per-use S3/SWIFT object storage.

Toss minio on a VPS/dedi and give it a shot.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Harambe said: Toss minio on a VPS/dedi and give it a shot.

I got it, I got it. Hear me out.

BuyVM Spaces. Just don't tell @jarland and we'll be gucci.

Francisco

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited November 2017

I think the OVH's storage service is managed and has high level of assurance against data loss than regular VPS

• ZerpyZerpy Member
    edited November 2017

Depends on how you look at, is a zero the swift number seen as empty space or full space? :O

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Anyone other than OVH provides it?