Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anybody experience soyoustart or kimsufi gameserver?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anybody experience soyoustart or kimsufi gameserver?

I listend soyoustart and kimsufi they ovh reseller.
so, i will buy game serevr hosting of them. (GTA : Sanandreas Multiplayer. and aisia user.)
I wonder ddos attack, and how many bear ddos attack without user-disconnect in my server.
anybody have experience this part?

(Yes i know expensive goods, for example ovh originally gameserver, but my wallet is hard.)

Comments

• Your wallet is hard? @Nekki 's wallet is hard, too.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

uni13 said: and how many bear

Four

Thanked by 3Aidan Eased sin
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Kimsufi does work fine for Gameservers but keep in mind, you only have 24/7 Hardware support if Kimsufi detects the issue, otherwise you have to drop a Ticket and that can take days.

AntiDDOS works fine so far, even when its not AntiDDOS Game.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Neoon said:
    Kimsufi does work fine for Gameservers but keep in mind, you only have 24/7 Hardware support if Kimsufi detects the issue, otherwise you have to drop a Ticket and that can take days.

Well, he says he doesn't want players to disconnect from attacks, so Kimsufi is out of the question immediately since permanent mitigation or the network firewall isn't an option on it. @uni13

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2017

@MikeA said:
    Well, he says he doesn't want players to disconnect from attacks, so Kimsufi is out of the question immediately since permanent mitigation or the network firewall isn't an option on it. @uni13

I did only notice 1-5s Timeout when the AntiDDOS kicks in.

No disconnect, but I guess that depends on the game.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2017

Kimsufi offers sensor Anti-DDoS, meaning that you lose connection for a moment as it goes on.

SoYouStart gives more control and allows you to set permanent mitigation, meaning that nobody gets disconnected during the attack. Theres even Anti-DDoS game servers that have special filtering rules for most common gameports.

OVH allows more advanced IP rules and in some cases you can even ask their technician to tune in the anti-ddos after providing them tcpdump of your typical usage.

As for how much they can take, OVH successfully mitigated over 1Tbps (1000 Gbps) DDoS attack into a minecraft server, so they can take a lot without any issues.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @rm_ said:

uni13 said: and how many bear

Four

@Neoon said:

thank you for reply.
    usually only hardware support is big problem to beginner?

• uni13uni13 Member
    edited September 2017

@stefeman said:
    Kimsufi offers sensor Anti-DDoS, meaning that you lose connection for a moment as it goes on.

SoYouStart gives more control and allows you to set permanent mitigation, meaning that nobody gets disconnected during the attack. Theres even Anti-DDoS game servers that have special filtering rules for most common gameports.

OVH allows more advanced IP rules and in some cases you can even ask their technician to tune in the anti-ddos after providing them tcpdump of your typical usage.

As for how much they can take, OVH successfully mitigated over 1Tbps (1000 Gbps) DDoS attack into a minecraft server, so they can take a lot without any issues.

thank you for detail explation. I am concentrate reading your reply.
    so can you this question?
    1.buy the hosting->install os->setting firewall rules and attacker ip block
    right?
    (i wish this example! i will look-copy-learning :D )

2.you know where people talking about ovh reseller using and setting?
    (like how-to-DDoS Mitigation)

have a good day :D

• Kimsufi is capped at 100Mbps and you can never exceed it. SoYouStart is 1Gbps with 250Mbps guaranteed. So typically around 800Mbps.

Kimsufi i5 has 5000 passmark scores and E3-1225 v2 has 6800 passmark scores. The SoYouStart model comes with 32 GB RAM too.

• uni13uni13 Member
    edited September 2017

@stefeman said:
    Kimsufi is capped at 100Mbps and you can never exceed it. SoYouStart is 1Gbps with 250Mbps guaranteed. So typically around 800Mbps.

Kimsufi i5 has 5000 passmark scores and E3-1225 v2 has 6800 passmark scores. The SoYouStart model comes with 32 GB RAM too.

kimsufi 100Mbps and soyoustart 250Mbps is important effect protection from ddos attack (without disconnect-user in my server)

i think first start kimsufi and next soyoustart...thank you.
    (in fact english littie and wonder how to setting because i dont know

• uni13 said: I listend soyoustart and kimsufi they ovh reseller.

SoYouStart and Kimsufi are owned by OVH

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • RaheemRaheem Member
    edited September 2017

Use OVH Anti-DDoS GAME best i see nowadays in protecting games, They have innovative ideas for filtering the incoming packets that target your game server. May you try NFO but for sure OVH is further better in gaming protection. These things i said is based on real tests.