Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ShardHost Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ShardHost Review

BogdacutuuBogdacutuu Member
edited March 2013 in Reviews

Note: I'm reviewing a VPS I received for free (http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/8512/offering-a-few-free-vps) from @ShardHost, however this should (at least) represent the quality of paid service.

I currently have the 512MB package. The server performs very well. I'm currently hosting a private VPN and developing websites on it, so I need great uptime and network connectivity, and this VPS has both of them. I've had no uptime issues so far, and support has been great. The only ticket I had was for PPP, which did not work from SolusVM right away. Staff responded to my ticket very quickly (~30 mins), considering that it was Sunday; they also admitted that they didn't enable the required kernel modules and fixed the issue right away.

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31240 @ 3.30GHz
Number of cores : 2
CPU frequency :  3299.882 MHz
Total amount of ram : 512 MB
Total amount of swap : 512 MB
System uptime :   8 days, 21:03,
Download speed from CacheFly: 52.3MB/s
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 36.9MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 67.4MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 2.06MB/s
Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 2.39MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 8.03MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.98MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 13.3MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 13.8MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 18.3MB/s
I/O speed :  193 MB/s

It has been a very pleasant experience so far, and I hope it will remain the same in the forseeable future :)

Comments

• I have a shardhost KVM VPS too, and it is nice. One of the better Dallas VPS IMO

• Nice network

• Thanks for the review. If you do plan to keep the VPS with us, please open a ticket so we can ensure you are on the right pricing!

• IshaqIshaq Member

@Bogdacutuu said: I've had no uptime so far

Hm.. what.

• @Ishaq said: Hm.. what.

sorry, I meant to say I had no uptime issues so far :p
    Fixed

• IshaqIshaq Member

@Bogdacutuu said: sorry, I meant to say I had no uptime issues so far :p

Fixed

I figured as much :)

• aiuraiur Member

I also received a free VPS from @ShardHost, performance is solid and till now no downtime at all. I opened 1 ticket asking for more templates, they replied quickly and added two OS templates after several hours. I also get discounts for following month :)

• @aiur said: I also received a free VPS from @ShardHost, performance is solid and till now no downtime at all. I opened 1 ticket asking for more templates, they replied quickly and added two OS templates after several hours. I also get discounts for following month :)

Thanks for the comment. This also applies to anyone who helped us test. Simply open a ticket to get a discount on the plan for subsequent months if you wish to keep the VPS

• I have received on of their VPS's, It's really nice. Performance is really nice.