Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

x4b down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

x4b down?

Uptime robot reported my DDos IP down. Found the official website www.x4b.net down as well. Who knows what happen. Thanks.

Comments

• dwtbfdwtbf Member

Dead pool?

• TomTom Member

DEADPOOL

Thanked by 1dwtbf
  • cassacassa Member

@dwtbf said:
    Dead pool?

Dead pool!

Thanked by 1dwtbf
  • maldoviamaldovia Member
    edited July 2017

x4b.net is up...

edit:

• filefile Member

I noticed it was briefly down too, it looked like the IP block fell off the planet for a wee bit.

• quickquick Member

I am a bit late to the party. But maybe dead pool?

• It's been down all day. According to their twitter, the upstream providers seem to have shut them down.

Thanked by 1dwtbf
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@zerolagfrog said:
    It's been down all day. According to their twitter, the upstream providers seem to have shut them down.

I wonder why?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I guess the DDOS was to huge.

• lurchlurch Member

From their twitter.

A RFO will be out once we know for sure, and the situation is resolved. But from our analysis we have pushing a /24 black hole over the entire Std Anycast range as an additional route. We are attempting to get this unauth route removed.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2017

Sorry I missed this thread Yesterday when something similar occurred for a short window of minutes. We updated our NOC Twitter instead. I'll take this opportunity to update everyone on the status here too.

Our site, and the standard Anycast line is currently offline. Unfortunately it has been offline for approximately 4 hours. A full RFO will be published when we know for sure the full situation, but I will provide now all the information which is correct to the best of my knowledge.

It appears there is currently nullroutes being pushed by one of our upstreams (Psychz) to all their transit upstreams for our Standard Anycast line (no other product line is affected). This is not sent by us over our sessions, nor is has it been requested by us.

We have contacted our upstream at fault (Psychz) via Ticket, Skype and Phone call with no useful response from support and no response from our contacts within Senior management.

Unfortunately a failure of this level has negated the multiple provider redundancy we introduced (Choopa & Psychz) and Multihoming. Needless to say we will be taking appropriate actions to prevent this occurring again.

We understand this is a sucky situation for our customers and for that we apologise. I will do everything in my power to get this situation resolved ASAP. I hope you will assist me with your patience, even if only because mine is running out.

@zerolagfrog We have not received any indication from our upstream that this is happening for any reason other than miss-configuration. Furthermore if this was a case of our upstreams disconnecting us, then it certainly should not be done in this manner. Routes can be pulled, unauthorised nullroutes do not need to be pushed.

• filefile Member

@SplitIce said:
    We understand this is a sucky situation for our customers and for that we apologise. I will do everything in my power to get this situation resolved ASAP. I hope you will assist me with your patience, even if only because mine is running out.

Patience transfer in progress, using PTP (patience transfer protocol) in a P2P fashion. Good luck!

Thanked by 2SplitIce maverickp
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2017

Heads up, we are back online. Indeed it was a fault with a script upstream which resulted in them pushing a shorter route to all their upstreams (len=2), taking priority over all our other routes we pushed anywhere (len=3).

Changes have been made so that the script won't be triggered. The resulting routes aren't optimal but it beats being offline.

I'm going to finalise things here then get some sleep. RFO later today.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Apparently not DEADPOOL, but briefpool.

• lurchlurch Member

Good work glad you got it sorted and some sanity remains.

• EdmondEdmond Member

I didn't know people will nullroute connections for no reason or notification. Guessing Psychz got tired of carrying ddos traffic across it's network.

Glad you got it back online with your other bandwidth provider.