Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Community project domain, anyone already doing this/wanting to?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Community project domain, anyone already doing this/wanting to?

BK_BK_ Member
edited March 2013 in General

I recently registered the domain lowendreviews.com during (mt)'s $1 deal. Unfortunately, life's been hectic lately and I haven't had any time to do anything with it.

Ultimately I'd love to see it turn into a site where LEB members (as in the individual community members, not one user) can rate and review providers.

Is anyone in the midst of doing something similar / would anyone on here want to use the domain for such a project?

No, I won't transfer the domain - just nameservers for now. If someone builds something up and seems competent, I'm more than willing to donate it (as in give it to them). Simple rule: you've got to be fairly unbiased and liked by the community.

Comments

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2013

Imho. It would be dumb to "borrow" domain that way just to build content for someone other without being in control of domain. How I see things you're asking someone to develop domain for you and take your word that you will be more than willing to let it go in case it succed. You may have good attempt now but once things get value and money is involved.. who knows..

Beside that we're getting tired of new and new "lowendsomething" domains here.

• Isn't this exactly what something like lowendtalk and serverbear does?

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited March 2013

@Spirit said: How I see things you're asking someone to develop domain for you and take your word that you will be more than willing to let it go in case it succed. You may have good attempt now but once things get value and money is involved.. who knows..

Understandable - and I did think of this prior to posting. If I can see someone's got the resources/motivation to do it (as in: hey, here's the concept, here's what I want to do) before anything happens, I'll gladly donate the name. All I'm saying is I don't want someone saying "Hey, I'll do this" and not do anything with it after I give it to them. Heck, if @Liam or @Chief wanted it, I'd gladly pass it over. This is for the community, not me.

@blergh_ said: Isn't this exactly what something like lowendtalk and serverbear does?

In a sense yes, in a sense no. LowEndTalk isn't strictly for community reviews - it's got a lot of discussion. I will admit that Serverbear is awesome, but still different.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2013

@BK_ said: All I'm saying is I don't want someone saying "Hey, I'll do this" and not do anything with it after I give it to them.

Yeah, that's most possible outcome. As example this one http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/a-little-note-on-lowendbox-domain/#comment-22672 had good idea what to do with domain if he win it too and now, years later, still nothing.

• BK_BK_ Member

@Liam, if this domain is something you'd like/something that corresponds to said project, PM me and its yours - as I said, I've got no time to do anything with it and I expect nothing from it.

@Spirit, yes, I know. Easier said than done.

• @Liam said: very similar domain.

@BK_ said: lowendreviews.com

lowendreview.com ?

This discussion has been closed.