Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK Provider that allows OpenVPN/Proxies and is P2P/File sharing friendly
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK Provider that allows OpenVPN/Proxies and is P2P/File sharing friendly

Hi,

I'm looking for a good low-budget UK VPS provider that allows OpenVPN and Proxies to be run on the server. The provider must also be friendly to P2P File sharing and must also be very close to Devon.

Also, the VPS must also have a good deal of bandwidth (unmetered, if possible).

Thank you.

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited July 2017

What is your budget for a high bandwidth VPS in the UK?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Ishaq said:
    What is your budget for a a high bandwidth VPS in the UK?

^ this.

• @Ishaq said:

Preferably <£10/mo

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2017

@ProxyBox said:

@Ishaq said:

Preferably <£10/mo

High bandwidth + UK Location + All those requirements in $10 per month will be hard to find.

• drivexdrivex Member

P2P in UK isn‘t a good idea i guess. Better go with a VPN provider then.

Thanked by 1tudabai
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

ProxyBox said: friendly to P2P File sharing

by that do you mean, is happy to be a shield for your illegal activity or does not mind p2p protocols in general?

If it is the former, you're not going to get that in the UK period.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited July 2017

Yeah there's a difference in P2P file sharing for regular stuff, or actually downloading copyrighted content for free via torrent from piratebay or wherever.

Skype used to allow you to send files to people in your contacts list via built-in P2P file sharing, sucks they removed it for some cloud thing with a 300mb limit, before I was able to send like 4GB ISOs, etc to friends and stuff by just dragging it into the chat window, wish someone would make a new P2P-based group-chat/IM/calling program like it used to be, but there would be the issue of people being able to get others IPs that way (which could be why they switched it over to a cloud-based backend, or a certain US government organization made them so they could keep chat logs in their own servers, like how they made verizon do the same thing with text messages) but anyways

The issue with people using VPSs (or their home internet) downloading copyrighted software, TV shows, etc via bittorrent is because the public IPv4 address of that connection comes up under a list of "peers" and a company can just issue letters to that ISP/hosts abuse email saying this IP address is downloading copyrighted content without payment/illegally for free and then you get into a whole thing where your VM is suspended or your ISP issues you a warning letter, I've heard of universities issuing copyright letters to students who use their internet in dorms and stuff for torrenting.
    Some ISPs like AT&T U-Verse used to block bittorrent traffic in general because of this, but it is still uncommon in the US for ISPs to block those ports, I don't know if any still do or not