Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SwiftVM] Samsung SSD Powered OpenVZ - 1GB/s IO - San Diego, CA - 100Mpbs - Starting at $5 /quarter
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SwiftVM] Samsung SSD Powered OpenVZ - 1GB/s IO - San Diego, CA - 100Mpbs - Starting at $5 /quarter

BrightbullBrightbull Member
edited March 2013 in Offers

Hey there LET,
SwiftVM is a new provider just a few weeks old, but we're already doing great, and we're here to stay. SwiftVM is being run by two friends, who have previous experience working for other hosts, and who enjoy working with systems and managing clients.

The Hardware
Xeon E3-1270v2
4 X 512GB Samsung 840 Pro's in HW-RAID 10 (1GB/s I/O)
32GB DDR3 ECC Memory
100Mbits from node to switch
IPv4, IPv6 coming soon

The Offer
We know that LowEndTalk is all about the "As much RAM for 7$ as you can get" stuff, so we want to make it a little different.

4 Fair-Share Cores
512MB Guaranteed RAM
1024MB vSwap
25GB SSD Storage (1GB/s I/O!)
500GB Premium Traffic
100Mbps Network Speed
Price: $5/month
Order: https://www.swiftvm.com/client/cart.php?a=add&pid=15
NOTE: Only limited stock, be fast!

Additional IPv4 at only $1 /month each.

You can order any of our other plans with 10% off LIFETIME using the promotioncode "LET10FTW" (Cannot be applied to existing orders) NOTE: Limited uses, be fast!

Great! Some benchmarks plox?
http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/03/02/zh4RuSIbl8eNt6hV
http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/03/02/Em8FSaCugu5PCXML

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

What about your network?
Visit http://ping.swiftvm.com/ to download some testfiles or, you guessed it, ping ping.swiftvm.com.

Some uninteresting stuff after reading the good stuff above
We strive to resolve our tickets within an hour, and usually we do this within a few minutes. We are however only a two-man operation, so lower priority tickets may be slightly delayed. If a ticket is not responded to within 2 hours we receive a notifcation on our phone so that we know there's things to do.

For support you can email us, open a ticket, give us a call or hop on live chat. We can also offer an emergency phone-number on request for urgent requests, routing calls to our cellphones in the case we are not working.

ToS TLDR: Anything that is illegal in the United States is not allowed. Private VPN, legal torrents, IRC, TOR relays and Minecraft servers are allowed. Exit nodes are NOT allowed.

Contact
E: [email protected]
T:+44 800-066-3088
W: https://swiftvm.com/

Jordy on LET @Brightbull
Chris on LET @Eastonch

For those wondering why the topic got deleted, there was some confusion with timezones, for us it was 14 days since our last offer while it was 13 days since our last offer for the admins. :)

Comments

• @Jack

@Brightbull is located in Norway and I'm located in the UK.

The post went up early hours of this morning, I'd say about 12:30, into our 14th day, I assumed it would be fine.

• @Jack

Agreed, @Infinity apologised once @Brightbull had replied to the PM notifying us that the post was removed. He also allowed us to post this new offer, either way, we're now firmly in the green! :)

• @Jack I'm in Norway so I'm one hour ahead of you guys, and I posted it a little past '12, when it turned the 17th for me, and it was still the 16th for you guys. :-)

• where is $5/quarter like in the title???

• KernelPanicKernelPanic Member
    edited March 2013

25GB SSD? Is this LET special or have you recently upgraded space for all the plans, as the website is showing 10GB for 512MB plan?

Plus, it seems 128MB price has been raised to $5/q as opposed to $3/q mentioned in the title.

EDIT: Looks like the title has been fixed & the plan is LET special indeed. :)

• Ninja edits on offer and VPS server pricing on website in the last 15 minutes. 70% increase on 128MB plan. What's up with that?

• BrightbullBrightbull Member
    edited March 2013

@skizoid the title is now fixed.

@KernelPanic this is a LET special with limited availability, we noticed that people wanted more storage space rather than memory, so we decided to do this as a special instead of squeezing in as much memory as possible into the $7 limit.

@craigb we decided to change the pricing a little on the 128SSD plan as it was selling extremely fast and was not making us that much profit. We would either put a limited stock on the 128SSD plan or change the pricing a little. Pricing has only changed for new orders, existing services are untouched. Changed the resources a little bit too.

• @craigb said: Ninja edits on offer and VPS server pricing on website in the last 15 minutes. 70% increase on 128MB plan. What's up with that?

Yeah it used to be $3/qtr! Damn you Federal Reserve! Your quantitive easing is causing rampant inflation!

• @nutjob The plan is a great success, but however, the ratio to the low-end VM to something a little bit bigger is very small, so that needs to change before we start offering this :)

• Yeah it used to be $3/qtr!

I got this for $2.70 USD ( LET10FTW coupon )
    Sweet.

• @Noerman Well done :) Enjoy!

Anyhow, if you have any custom VM ideas, give me a shout and we'll work something out .

• niceboyniceboy Veteran
    edited March 2013

Just signed up.. Great i/o ..

dd if=/dev/zero of=/root/output.img bs=8k count=256k

262144+0 records in
    262144+0 records out
    2147483648 bytes (2.1 GB) copied, 1.78631 seconds, 1.2 GB/s