Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH.com.au - 50% off on Discover Server !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH.com.au - 50% off on Discover Server !

MaikoBMaikoB Member
edited July 2017 in General

Hi !

Do you want an OVH Discover Server in Sydney with 50% off on the first month ? :)

Use the code DISCOVER50OFF during the order !

DISCOVER-SYD

Intel Xeon E3-1245v5 - 32GB - 2 x 2TB OR 2 x 480GB SSD - 3TB @ 250 Mbps OR unlimited @ 100Mbps

And of course, 16 IPs max (3$ ex. GST for setup fee by IP)

https://www.ovh.com.au/dedicated-servers/enterprise/173discover1.xml

Enjoy :-)

Comments

• DT_DT_ Member

Wow! OVH is here.

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited July 2017

@r0xz said:
    i want recurring

OVH and Recurring choose one

Also when tf are the cloud/vps comming out in SYD?

• MaikoBMaikoB Member

@r0xz said:
    i want recurring

I don't think this is something we can do on brand new hardware in a brand new datacenter ;)

• r0xzr0xz Member

@corbpie said:

@r0xz said:
    i want recurring

OVH and Recurring choose one

I choose pikachu

• DT_DT_ Member

@MaikoB said:

@r0xz said:
    i want recurring

I don't think this is something we can do on brand new hardware in a brand new datacenter ;)

When is the UK discovery offers? We been waiting patiently, initial plan was June but delay. Can you say when discovery offer for UK please?

• MaikoBMaikoB Member

@DT_ said:

@MaikoB said:

@r0xz said:
    i want recurring

When is the UK discovery offers? We been waiting patiently, initial plan was June but delay. Can you say when discovery offer for UK please?

Unfortunately, I don't have information about UK as I'm more dedicated to our APAC deployment.

Thanked by 1DT_
  • r0xzr0xz Member

@MaikoB said:

@r0xz said:
    i want recurring

give us some recurring deal on the other DC then, exclusive to LET of course :)

• I want the US discover offer. I want Singapore VPS offer. I want exclusive offers for LET members. I want things that others want :-)

• DT_DT_ Member

We want more every time, nothing is enough!

• FoulFoul Member

This is way over the LET price, please read the rules :-)

Thanked by 3Falzo joepie91 ndlong75
  • Do you guys plan to improve routing to Asian locations soon in SGP? It's sad that much of StarHub and Singtel (the largest ISPs here in Singapore) have routing issues even after 3 months.

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited July 2017

@Boltersdriveer said:
    Do you guys plan to improve routing to Asian locations soon in SGP? It's sad that much of StarHub and Singtel (the largest ISPs here in Singapore) have routing issues even after 3 months.

To be fair SingTel play it hard to peer with, they dont allow peering with them at IX's.

But to be fair just done a traceroute:

traceroute to sgp.smokeping.ovh.net (139.99.127.250), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
    2 bb--*-**.singnet.com.sg () 1.995 ms 2.500 ms 2.494 ms
    3 115.42.140.249 (115.42.140.249) 2.984 ms 3.199 ms 2.996 ms
    4 115.42.140.250 (115.42.140.250) 3.222 ms 3.240 ms 3.566 ms
    5 * * *
    6 165.21.12.4 (165.21.12.4) 3.938 ms 1.664 ms 1.873 ms
    7 203.208.174.33 (203.208.174.33) 2.768 ms 3.464 ms 4.458 ms
    8 ix-ae-20-0.thar1.SVQ-Singapore.as6453.net (120.29.214.133) 5.250 ms 5.796 ms 5.433 ms
    9 if-ae-7-2.tcore1.SVQ-Singapore.as6453.net (180.87.98.10) 5.871 ms 6.023 ms 6.160 ms
    10 * * *
    11 vl1331.sgp-g2-a72.routers.ovh.net (178.32.135.147) 6.857 ms 4.172 ms 4.405 ms
    12 po10.sgp-g12-a72.routers.ovh.net (103.5.15.229) 3.608 ms 2.670 ms 3.364 ms
    13 * * *
    14 sgp.smokeping.ovh.net (139.99.127.250) 3.412 ms 2.641 ms 3.243 ms

Wouldn't say 2-3ms is bad..

• Looks like you're in one of the unaffected ranges :)

There is half of Singtel that is getting routed to the US and back by Tata. Refer to mtr: https://m.kyaa.sg/4F95W5Iv.png

• @Boltersdriveer said:

Looks like you're in one of the unaffected ranges :)

There is half of Singtel that is getting routed to the US and back by Tata. Refer to mtr: https://m.kyaa.sg/4F95W5Iv.png

Thats a trace the other way around, just sent you a PM of an IP if you can try that.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It's a pretty damn good offer for the region. Leave it to OVH to challenge a market. I'm still happy with @oliver though :)

• Not bad, be good if it was recurring obviously. I have been quite impressed with Intergrid recently. @oliver great as always!

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

The UK datacenter will release in ~1 week. Germain, head of dedicated servers, confirmed it.

• MaikoBMaikoB Member
    edited July 2017

@Boltersdriveer said:

Looks like you're in one of the unaffected ranges :)

@Boltersdriveer said:
    Do you guys plan to improve routing to Asian locations soon in SGP? It's sad that much of StarHub and Singtel (the largest ISPs here in Singapore) have routing issues even after 3 months.

Hey, thank you for that feedback. I am not aware of any issue with them actually. And as suggested by @AshleyUK, there should not be any.

Do you have a server in SGP ? If yes, can you open a ticket to the OVH Support and then send me the ID ? I'll put someone in my team on it and try to figure out how we can fix that. If you are not a customer, will be ok to do some test with me in PM if you have access to a Singtel connexion ? Thank you !

@nhocconan said:
    I want Singapore VPS offer.

VPS in Singapore ? I might have a good news for you in few weeks (like 2 weeks :D). Stay tuned !

• MaikoB said: VPS in Singapore ? I might have a good news for you in few weeks (like 2 weeks :D). Stay tuned !

Guessing the same for Sydney?

• MaikoBMaikoB Member

@Gravely said:

MaikoB said: VPS in Singapore ? I might have a good news for you in few weeks (like 2 weeks :D). Stay tuned !

Guessing the same for Sydney?

We may have a little delay for SYD for technical reasons and we have not decided yet if we will launch both datacenter at the same time or not.

Thanked by 1Gravely
  • Not sure if you can answer this or not, but does OVH have technicians on site at the datacenter or do they come to Equinix to intervene if there is an issue?

In a few years I might be able to apply for a job as a technician at OVH once I get all my qualifications and am a bit curious about how that works

Thanked by 1hanoi
  • MaikoBMaikoB Member

We have our own team of technicians on site. Both Sydney and Singapore. No third-parties is involved in the monitoring of our servers.

• MaikoB said: VPS in Singapore ? I might have a good news for you in few weeks (like 2 weeks :D). Stay tuned !

Great, thanks for that specific number. I remember that you mentioned several weeks ago, but not a specific number as this time. I'm excited to try :-)

• williewillie Member

Pretty good. Regular price is $129.99AUD so half that is 65AUD or about 49.40 USD. Gonna pass though, don't need an AU server.

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@MaikoB said:
    VPS in Singapore ? I might have a good news for you in few weeks (like 2 weeks :D). Stay tuned !

please make a SPECIAL discount for LET members ;)

• MaikoB said: Do you have a server in SGP ? If yes, can you open a ticket to the OVH Support and then send me the ID ? I'll put someone in my team on it and try to figure out how we can fix that. If you are not a customer, will be ok to do some test with me in PM if you have access to a Singtel connexion ? Thank you !

Thanks Maiko :) Would you be kind enough to check out for the following IPs from Singtel?

Additionally, will you guys look at StarHub latency as well? I do have ticket 1165379936 open for it, though here's the IP you can look at as well :)

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited July 2017

@MaikoB said:
    We have our own team of technicians on site. Both Sydney and Singapore. No third-parties is involved in the monitoring of our servers.

Oh okay, yeah didn't think there would be third-parties involved. Looking forward to cloud services launching in Sydney, had a discover server in that location and it was amazing, glad to see OVH off to a good start in APAC and glad to support and be apart of it with the discovery offer as well

• NexusH798NexusH798 Member
    edited July 2017

@CConner said:
    The UK datacenter will release in ~1 week. Germain, head of dedicated servers, confirmed it

Finally :)
    hope it will be better than DE data center

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

I mean, the DE datacenter is not all that bad to be honest.