Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi and Bandwidth 2013
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi and Bandwidth 2013

edited March 2013 in Help

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6334

I want to order kimsufi 2G, How to know when my traffic beyond 5TB in Managerv3

I have Kimsufi BONS PLANS, it use only Managerv5, How to know when my traffic beyond 5TB in Managerv5

Comments

• ChioChio Member

OVH's bandwidth calculation is inaccurate, which means you can transfer twice the amount of 5TB or even more without hitting the limit. Reaching 5TB restricts line speed to 10MB/s, while you can track your bandwidth information on OVH Manager summary page.

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited March 2013

It isn't inaccurate, they just don't count everything. For example they do not count RX (incoming traffic), only TX (outgoing traffic). They also do not count internal traffic (to other ovh servers). I don't know whatelse, but 5TB is quite a lot with their counter.

• edited March 2013

In OVH Manager v5, my server (Kimsufi BONS PLANS) is alway 100Mbs although i used ~6TB

I can not know when it be 10Mbs, it do not show my tracffic

• @chrisp said: They also do not count internal traffic (to other ovh servers)

Nor peered traffic :-)

• How to buy traffic?
    Can my server return 100MBs when i reboot it?

• i ordered a mks 2G got a celeron 220, ordered second one it came with celeron 220 too, i want n2800, any recommendations?, should i talk to support or something else?

if you dont want to say in public, you can pm me too

• @Jack I don't think so. I've had that problem once 2 days before reset and my server was indeed limited to 10Mbit.
    Real traffic in and out was 3-4 times as much as ovhs limit value, but incoming, internal and peered traffic (this is like ovh to ovh) deducted it made perfect sense.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@chrisp did they limit both incoming and outgoing bandwidth, or maybe outgoing only?

• @rm_ both :(

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

@tridinebandim said: i want n2800

I bought three mKS 2G and all were N2800- -

• @chrisp: Do your server return 100mbs after reboot?

• @sieuvocmaytinh No, why should it? That doesn't really make sense. Limitations wouldn't be there if everyone could just auto reboot every other day to reset limits.

• They count outgoing bytes on switch port and limit the entire port when you passed the 5TB.

• I have old rank of kimsufi 2G. In Managerv3, traffic is unlimited last week. But now, it is 5Tb, what happen?

• Try with a proxmox install with your order.
    Last time it's how I got a n2800.

• @Bob_v2 said: Try with a proxmox install with your order.

Last time it's how I got a n2800.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter.

I just ordered one and got one with n2800 without really filling anything else out.

• @Bob_v2 tried before asking here and got a celeron 220 :/

edited March 2013

@sieuvocmaytinh said: I have old rank of kimsufi 2G. In Managerv3, traffic is unlimited last week. But now, it is 5Tb, what happen?

Interesting, I got the same change too on mine. Hm, did not expect they will change old servers to 5TB b/w. Guess I can cancel that one now.

• earlearl Member

@rm_ said: Interesting, I got the same change too on mine.

When I signed up to the E2180 yearly deal it use to be 100 mbit unmetered now it seem they changed it to 5 TB..

• In the ad i think it said 5TB

• pechspilzpechspilz Member
    edited March 2013

Yes, the ad said 5TB. I was wondering about the unlimited bandwidth too. Now they sneaked in that 5 TB line at the end of the bandwidth info. I even have a screenshot saying "Traffic: unlimited". But pointless to address this to OVH and I don't need more than 5 TB at 100mbit/s anyway.

But this also appeared on older servers, e.g. one I bought last year when there was no b/w limit.

• I opened ticket, they say that no traffic limit on old rank of kimsufi 2G

edited March 2013

So today two things happened:

1) they may have limited me on my BHS server; even though Managerv5 doesn't show it, the network speed is around 1 Mbit/sec and curiously, IPv6 is completely broken.
    Maybe it's something else though.

2) my new RBX E2180 special changed in Managerv3 from:

Network Connection: 100Mbps

Bandwidth type: Standard
    BW OVH/OVH: 100 Mbps
    BW OVH/Internet: 100 Mbps
    BW Internet/OVH: 100 Mbps
    Traffic: 5 Tb

to:

Network Connection: 100Mbps

Monthly traffic: 5.00 TiB per month
    Reinitialisation: 2013-04-06
    Consumed this month: 961 GiB
    Remaining this month: -961 GiB

actual consumption is 2.4TB in, 2.6TB out.

• I've had Kimsufis on a Gig port and their Budget range from OVH on 10Gigs :/

edited March 2013

The #1 above is perhaps explainable by:

http://status.ovh.net/?do=details&id=4376
    The 10 10G between Beauharnois and Montréal are down.

Right now it's going through the 10 10G between Newark and Beauharnois and a backup link.

• @sieuvocmaytinh said: I opened ticket, they say that no traffic limit on old rank of kimsufi 2G

My old kimsufi 2G is Celeron, but new rank is Atom 230/D425
    I want to order new Kimsufi 2G but i not sure, 5TB tracffic is bad. I use torrent and have huge traffic. If old kimsufi 2G be limited, i will order new kimsufi