Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I-83 New Zealand (Auckland) Down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I-83 New Zealand (Auckland) Down

Hi everyone.

Just thought I would post this, a few of my servers (nat vps) at their ak1-nz server have been down for 6 days now.

Their own status page reports it down, however there is no public ticket about it.

Here is my status page:

Server 1: https://status.ssamjh.nz/778393048
Server 2: https://status.ssamjh.nz/778393050
Server 3 (only just added it however I've had it for a few months): https://status.ssamjh.nz/779169075

Does anyone know if they have any reps on here?

Comments

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited July 2017

They do have an account here ( @i83 ) but haven't been around recently. There have also been quite a few threads about them recently due to long-lasting outages.

• TomTom Member

Why isn't this a surprise?

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

India location is also down for 15days now

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I don't have a VPS with them in NZ but I can confirm my VPS in India has been down for a while now. My 3 other VPSes in Singapore, Netherlands, and Bulgaria are going strong.

I have a VPS with ZappieHost in New Zealand that's online and might be worth checking out if you need something quick while you wait for QuadHost to get things sorted out.

• I've submitted a ticket 4-5 days ago. No response. But then I've found this.

http://statuscake.quadhost.net/

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

They are about 3 ish weeks away from being struck off as a company now, I think you can stick a fork in them tbh, they are done.

If you have any data, collect it and run (Quadhost included).

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • Thare are a lot of unfamiliar term in that letter, can you tl;dr ? and where do you get that letter.

More importantly are you going to open nat singapore vps like quadhost ? because i am considering buying the nat vps from quadhost.

@AnthonySmith said:
    They are about 3 ish weeks away from being struck off as a company now, I think you can stick a fork in them tbh, they are done.

If you have any data, collect it and run (Quadhost included).

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

yokowasis said: Thare are a lot of unfamiliar term in that letter, can you tl;dr ? and where do you get that letter.

More importantly are you going to open nat singapore vps like quadhost ? because i am considering buying the nat vps from quadhost.

tl;dr they are overdue on their company returns and accounts filings with the government by about 6 months, that letter was sent to them (public record) over a month ago warning them that if they do not comply with company law within 2 months the government will take ownership and close their company.

tl;dr of tl;dr at the end of this month they can't legally trade and the government will close the company.

With 2 or 3 locations down and no responces to customers in months if you are still considering buying from them then I dont even know what to say.

Thanked by 2Rhys layfon
  • williewillie Member

My i83 London (formerly Falkenstein) and BHS storage vps's are both up, but for how long. London reports 9 days uptime so there was at least a reboot. No idea if that means anyone from i83 noticed it or did the restart. BHS reports 215 days up.

cfgguy said:

My VPS is up again via IPv6, but seems to be routed to Clouvider's network now. IPv4 has changed to one from AS62240.

My guess: They're discontinuing their location in Pune due to the ongoing issues with DDoS. So apparently there's still something going on behind the scenes. They should do their paperwork though...

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @brueggus said:

cfgguy said:

My VPS is up again via IPv6, but seems to be routed to Clouvider's network now. IPv4 has changed to one from AS62240.

My guess: They're discontinuing their location in Pune due to the ongoing issues with DDoS. So apparently there's still something going on behind the scenes. They should do their paperwork though...

They also seem to have removed the India location from their order page (https://quadhost.net/account/cart.php?gid=19) - now only 9 locations show up rather than the 10 on the https://i-83.net/ homepage, so I imagine that is the case.

• ssamjhssamjh Member

The NZ server still seems to be online actually, just not accepting any incoming connections.

• CronusCronus Member

This is really a shame, they didnt have great uptime or anything, but they are the only ones I know of with NAT Resource Packages... I like being able to spin up customized hdd in places I need HTTP file mirrors.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited July 2017

My Pune vps IP is up again. It's now a ovz-ssdhdd on Clouvider UK network.
    (sub-ms ping to other clouvider IPs from vps)

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@ssamjh said:
    The NZ server still seems to be online actually, just not accepting any incoming connections.

• ssamjhssamjh Member
    edited July 2017

@pbgben said:

@ssamjh said:

I had a few applications on it that were making constant outgoing connections, and the outgoing connections never stopped.

Anyway some good news, the boxes just became accessible again :)

Thanked by 1pbgben

Quadhost even became part of Monty Python's Spamalot:

• @vimalware said:
    My Pune vps IP is up again. It's now a ovz-ssd on Clouvider UK network.
    (sub-ms ping to other clouvider IPs from vps)

Yep, same here. It even has the same NAT port and existing files, guess the whole server was imaged and restored there.

• WoopWoop Member

Weird! Noticed my VPN started working this morning, but my ssh password has changed so I can't login anymore

• its back online