Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rent to Own Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rent to Own Dedicated Server

GreenVineGreenVine Member
edited March 2013 in General

Hello

I want to know if there is any Rent to Own dedicated server providers in USA and Asia?

Or dedicated server DIY providers.

Thanks

Comments

• Lenoir, NC: Dacentec ( https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/ )

Yeah I am contacting them.

Just I don't know if they are providing a Brand New or a Second Hand server.

Nobody likes second-hand:)

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited March 2013

Second Hand. Honestly though at that price you'll always get second hand.

• Considering the age of the processor, etc, it's most likely second hand. Do any other providers do rent-to-own?

• @HalfEatenPie said: Second Hand. Honestly though at that price you'll always get second hand.

I don't care about price if I can get a brand new server.

Also in China there are some providers to custom/DIY dedicated server for you and ship to you, but I dont know if in USA also?

• Any other Rent to Own providers?

• Yeah it seems that very good, but just dont know if they can provide brand new servers lol:)

• @GreenVine said: Just I don't know if they are providing a Brand New or a Second Hand server.

Nobody likes second-hand:)

Second hand of course.... If you're lucky though, you will get brand new drives.

With most every provider, you will get second hand hardware of course.. If you want new hardware, then you are best buying it yourself, then coloing it.

• @NateN34 said: Second hand of course.... If you're lucky though, you will get brand new drives.

With most every provider, you will get second hand hardware of course.. If you want new hardware, then you are best buying it yourself, then coloing it.

So I am wondering where I can buy dedicated servers? I think DIY server is okay, Dell, IBM and HP are too expensive for us.

• superbiiz.com

• @Voss said: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/226685#Comment_226685

Can't find the thread I had in mind but I guess this one will do.

Yeah but I am thinking about superbiiz.com, at least they are providing brand new servers.

• Contact some of the smaller or newer dedi providers such as Calihop and see if you can work something out.

• @Brightbull said: Contact some of the smaller or newer dedi providers such as Calihop and see if you can work something out.

Calihop said they rent server from data center so cannot sell such server to me:(

• HoloshedHoloshed Member
    edited March 2013

Not long ago I actually contacted a few different providers around to find out about rent to own. I am actually STILL looking for one that fits right but here were the offers/break downs I found (not listing who publicly since this is just informational). I will say a GOOD deal of them, even the owns that own their own hardware say no flat out to anything RTO.

One quote:
    E3-1230v2
    32gb RAM
    2 TB HDD
    IPMI
    10TB data transfer
    $224/month 24 month LTO
    $99/month month to month colo after that
    ^ So you look at over the two years, 5376.00, then we look at the cost of the colo at 99.00 per month which came out to 2376. With that math you were paying 3,000 total over top of the colo price. Being that machine is being basically under 1000, you are paying at least 2,000 profit to the person doing the LTO. That is giving them a 200% interest which was just too much for me.

The other offer I got was from someone here but they would only do 5TB of transfer with the original deal so it ended up I needed to pay more for the 10TB.
    Quote for 155.00:
    E3-1230 V2
    32GB RAM
    2 X 1TB HDD (RAID 0/1) - Software raid.
    /28 (10 IPs)
    5TB@1Gbps (Dual connection, 2 x 1Gbps either active/failover or active/active.. No additional cost)
    Dallas, Texas location
    ^ For RTO it is another 30.00 per month, and then 25.00 for 10TB of transfer.
    From my understanding this was a 12 month LTO so… 210 per month for it, over 12 months is 2520 which was a better deal but I never found out the cost to add hardware raid card.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited March 2013

I can do RTO on brand new LGA771 supermicro servers, with all new RAM and drives, etc..

Edit: usa and asia, nvm.

• @Jacob said: Edit: usa and asia, nvm.

@Jacob I looked on your site and you mention VPSs in USA, so I wasnt sure if you are saying you cant offer one in USA?

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

E3-1230
    Dual 120GB SSDs SW RAID (or 1TBs SW RAID)
    32GB RAM
    5TB @ 1Gbp/s
    /28 IP block
    $200/mo + 12month RTO

PM me if interested.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited March 2013

@Holoshed We only own our UK hw.

• @Jacob said: I can do RTO on brand new LGA771 supermicro servers, with all new RAM and drives, etc..

Edit: usa and asia, nvm.

Can you give me detailed info and if I can now buyout without hosting service?

• Dual 120GB SSDs SW RAID (or 1TBs SW RAID)
    32GB RAM
    5TB @ 1Gbp/s
    /28 IP block
    $200/mo + 12month RTO

PM me if interested.

Rent To Own?

• @zxsdw said: I am also from China.You are good boy, the friend may help me to hit the airplane

2B...You know

• JacobJacob Member

@Greenvine Buying the server outright from us is an option, pm me for more info.

• @zxsdw said: I am also from China.You are good boy, the friend may help me to hit the airplane? come on baby...╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮!

Hit the airplane? like with an RPG? The CIA will not like that :p

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@RobertClarke said: PM me if interested.

Who are you reselling?

• zxsdwzxsdw Member

@William Hit the airplane means make love. in china.

• ztecztec Member

@zxsdw said: Hit the airplane means make love. in china.

Are you sure?
    My gf is Chinese and she says it's not true, she speaks Cantonese though.

• zxsdwzxsdw Member

@ZTEC - -~#

• ztecztec Member

me so confused

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

@ztec said: me so confused

According to my mandarin friend, cantonese is fake chinese. :P

He also says that GreenVine's avatar means Chinese Boy or something like that.

This discussion has been closed.