Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[US-TX-OpenVZ] Catalyst Host – 1GB on sale for $7/m
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[US-TX-OpenVZ] Catalyst Host – 1GB on sale for $7/m

HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
edited March 2013 in Offers

Ahoy there LowEndTalk!
This is one and only HalfEatenPie! Or Don Park if you’ve ever had a support ticket answered by me!

YOU GUYS ROCK!

For those of you guys who don’t know us, Catalyst Host was started by the Magnificent Ryan Arp ( @ryanarp ) and the Spectacular Jarland Donnell ( @jarland ) focused on providing our brand of hosting. We just want you all to know that we’re more than just another provider, all of us at Catalyst are active on LowEndTalk and are customers too! In addition to that we’re also Catalyst customers ourselves! We want the best out of everything we get, and we’ll work hard to make sure you get the best we can give!

We’d just like to thank our loyal customers for helping us become where we are now!

This is the first time Jarland and Ryan has put me in charge of our promotion offer, and although I can’t really beat the bosses I can definitely do the all-time LET classic.

The Offer

Venti
4 CPU Cores (E5-2620)
1024MB RAM
1024MB vSwap
40GB Storage
500GB Bandwidth at 1Gbps
1 User Generated Backup
$7.00/month
https://catalysthost.com/clientarea/cart.php?a=add&pid=34 Promo Code: PIELOVESLET

Want the other plans?

Well… This is what I can do!

All of our VPS Plans on our site work with the Promo Code: PIEPAYS25
Its 25% Off on ALL VPS Plans! Just make sure I have enough left for beer!

All Promotion Codes are Recurring FOR LIFE!

Test IP/File: http://192.211.54.101/100mb.test

We have some pretty awesome things lined up, keep an eye out for Catalyst in the news!

Data Backup Policy:

All data on these plans are backed up weekly in Dallas and stored offsite. Our backups are for emergencies. Your user generated backups are for small issues. We only guarantee access to our offsite backups if we are responsible for data loss. This helps keep our costs reasonable while providing two different layers of backups for your important data.

About our Dallas Datacenter:

The network behind our Dallas servers is multi-homed with multiple 10Gbit connections and redundant Juniper routing with HSRP failover. Network and hardware conditions are monitored 24/7/365. Spare hardware is always stocked and available on site. We utilize A+B power for redundancy in case of brownouts, which are rare in Dallas.

Our Hardware Currently:

2x Xeon E5-2620
64GB ECC Memory
8x 500GB Enterprise SATA
LSI 9260-8i w/BBU & 512MB Cache

What Makes Catalyst Host a Special Company?

I could give you so many reasons, but honestly quoting Jarland is probably the best. “If you’re not going to do something right, don’t bother doing it.”

Re-iterating what I said above, we seriously made this company for ourselves. We wanted a service to our quality, and when we realized that what we were doing actually worked we decided that we shouldn’t keep it for ourselves. We don’t settle for mediocre, we care about our clients, and in reality this isn’t about the money.

Again, quoting Jarland’s last post…
We are not here to give you the most imaginary resources you can't use for the least dollar signs. We are here to give you the best quality, with what I estimate to be some of the least oversold nodes in our market. You have the peace of mind that you services are in good hands, that your service will operate as expected, and that your data will remain safe.

Thanks guys, and rock on!

Comments

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited March 2013

First!

Hey Pie! You are now at the Catalyst staff? :D

Nice starb***s offer :P

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@yomero we do like our coffee and @halfeatenpie likes Hats. It should be noted he prefers fedoras. Also @halfeatenpie mentioned that he would love to have some off topic discussion about hats in this thread.

• LAKidLAKid Member

@HalfEatenPie You're in Korea, right?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

He's actually not too terribly far from where Ryan lives ;)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

@LAKid said: @HalfEatenPie You're in Korea, right?

He's in US right now as far as I know, he does go to Korea sometimes tho.

EDIT: I hate you @jarland, beat me to it. :(

edited March 2013

@LAKid right now he is going to school about 3 hours north of me in Pennsylvania.

EDIT: I am always late to the party

@Infinity I seem to do that a lot the last few days :P

• LAKidLAKid Member

@jarland @ryanarp thanks, I wanted to ask him whether he knows any ping testing site in Korea, want to measure speed to Korea.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Wait, PA? Where in PA, thats where I live :O

edited March 2013

You should give him a PM @fliphost I am sure he will tell you, just don't want to put all his personal info out there in this thread ;)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@ryanarp yea probably a good idea

• LAKidLAKid Member

@Liam only one existing, but does not work... out of biz or something...

• Pie is as nice as Jarland and Ryan. Maybe they are triplets

@jcaleb not triplets, but our personalities sure do seem to work well together. :)

• Hey guys!

@yomero said: Hey Pie! You are now at the Catalyst staff? :D

Yep! Ryan and Jarland are awesome bosses really!

@LAKid said: You're in Korea, right?

As answered by other people, I am currently in Pennsylvania! I go to school in PA and soon will be attending graduate school for engineering in Korea!

@Fliphost said: yea probably a good idea

PMed ya back ;)

@jcaleb said: Pie is as nice as Jarland and Ryan. Maybe they are triplets

Not quite, but we do happen to have the same idea. Although I do believe I am the third/middleman for our discussions. We do joke quite a bit!

@ryanarp said: @yomero we do like our coffee and @halfeatenpie likes Hats. It should be noted he prefers fedoras. Also @halfeatenpie mentioned that he would love to have some off topic discussion about hats in this thread.

Back Story: On our internal e-mail threads I do stated that I love fedoras and that all of our off-topic discussions should be about hats.

I was not disappointed.

• CPU not throttled?

edited March 2013

@jcaleb said: CPU not throttled?

?

Edit: Oh nevermind I see what you're asking. I only throttle CPU if someone caps a core for a few days straight :)

• I don't get it sorry, care to explain?

• Do support guys live in different timezones?

edited March 2013

@jcaleb It's a speedtest.net app to test speed from the server to you without just a download file. I like it :)

We don't live in time zones different enough to take note of, but generally there's at most a 3 hour window where you might wait for a non-emergency ticket (3am-6am US/Central). We're thinking about filling that gap and nailing it down, but I monitor the nodes so heavily and I'll get up any time any night at the slightest concern.

• You guys are awesome!

@jcaleb said: You guys are awesome!

No you!