Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Custom Hosting | Canada/KVM/PREMIUM DDoS Protection/Native IPv6/SSD Cached/NO BS! | Happy Easter! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Custom Hosting | Canada/KVM/PREMIUM DDoS Protection/Native IPv6/SSD Cached/NO BS! | Happy Easter!

2»

Comments

• ihellihell Member

Do you approve that is I would prefer a custom plan?

• Windows not allowed with DreamSpark licence?? :(

• @sanvit said:
    Windows not allowed with DreamSpark licence?? :(

You are correct. There's no way to protect myself with non retail channels. So retail channels only.

• @MCHPhil said:

@sanvit said:

You are correct. There's no way to protect myself with non retail channels. So retail channels only.

That's sad... :( You don't offer Windows licence ATM?

• @sanvit said:

@MCHPhil said:

@sanvit said:

That's sad... :( You don't offer Windows licence ATM?

We do not. Sorry for the trouble.

• @MCHPhil are education keys allowed?

• @GenjiSwitchPls said:
    @MCHPhil are education keys allowed?

Not likely. Only retail channels.

• Just want to confirm are you really giving out 5 ip adresses with these offers?

• What is the port speed? 1Gbps uplink? Do you have any speed limit?

• @MCHPhil

Two things I want to confirm before ordering:

1) Will you be able to provide additional IPv4 at $1/IP, I will be needing a total of 10 IPs and I will need them for SSL, Wordpress blogs and OpenVPN and not for spam or illegal purposes.

2) Do you only have Montreal based IPs or do you also have other Canadian cities IPs as well?

3) Since you are using KVM, that means the RAM and CPU provided with each VPS is dedicated and not shared right?

4) Can you provide details about the hardware such as drives, cpu and RAM being used for these plans.

Thanks

• TinkuTinku Member

I want full time ddos protection instead of sensor mode so that all the traffic comes through filtering because i want to run a chat app so can you do it? Sensor mode takes seconds to activate filtering that makes chat user disconnect even before the detection.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2017

@WebGuru said:
    Just want to confirm are you really giving out 5 ip adresses with these offers?

While stock lasts.

@skylinecn said:
    What is the port speed? 1Gbps uplink? Do you have any speed limit?

It's shared.

Node has
    500 Mbps of guaranteed bandwidth
    1 Gbps burst

@hybridized said:
    @MCHPhil

Two things I want to confirm before ordering:

1) Will you be able to provide additional IPv4 at $1/IP, I will be needing a total of 10 IPs and I will need them for SSL, Wordpress blogs and OpenVPN and not for spam or illegal purposes.

2) Do you only have Montreal based IPs or do you also have other Canadian cities IPs as well?

3) Since you are using KVM, that means the RAM and CPU provided with each VPS is dedicated and not shared right?

4) Can you provide details about the hardware such as drives, cpu and RAM being used for these plans.

Thanks

@Tinku said:
    I want full time ddos protection instead of sensor mode so that all the traffic comes through filtering because i want to run a chat app so can you do it? Sensor mode takes seconds to activate filtering that makes chat user disconnect even before the detection.

No thank you, I feel like what you are looking for is more than I would provide. Honestly, I don't want to be the tank for a chat app.

• @MCHPhil said:

• Additional IP's are $2 monthly. I will not approve IP's for SSL or OpenVPN usage.

Why not? It will be for personal use and not for anything illegal.

Seems like you are very picky about what you offer and to who you offer the services to. Don't know why you are offering discounted package when you are going to decline most customers.

If you change your mind let me know, I don't mind paying $2/IP.

Thanks and goodluck.

• @hybridized said:

@MCHPhil said:

• Additional IP's are $2 monthly. I will not approve IP's for SSL or OpenVPN usage.

Why not? It will be for personal use and not for anything illegal.

Seems like you are very picky about what you offer and to who you offer the services to. Don't know why you are offering discounted package when you are going to decline most customers.

If you change your mind let me know, I don't mind paying $2/IP.

Thanks and goodluck.

My understanding is ARIN does not approve IP's for SSL reasons. Either way, why not use SNI?

• WSSWSS Member

@MCHPhil said:
    My understanding is ARIN does not approve IP's for SSL reasons. Either way, why not use SNI?

It's still a valid reason when you have legacy code which cannot be updated to work with SNI. Probably not quite so valid for a cheap VPS, though.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited April 2017

@WSS said:

@MCHPhil said:

It's still a valid reason when you have legacy code which cannot be updated to work with SNI. Probably not quite so valid for a cheap VPS, though.

My understanding is anything newer than XP supports SNI (maybe with an update).

Edit:
    Desktop Browsers

• Internet Explorer 7 and later
    • Firefox 2
    • Opera 8 with TLS 1.1 enabled
    • Google Chrome:

• Supported on Windows XP on Chrome 6 and later
      • Supported on Vista and later by default
      • OS X 10.5.7 in Chrome Version 5.0.342.0 and later
    • Safari 2.1 and later (requires OS X 10.5.6 and later or Windows Vista and later).

• Note: No versions of Internet Explorer on Windows XP support SNI
  • WSSWSS Member

@MCHPhil said:

@WSS said:

@MCHPhil said:

My understanding is anything newer than XP supports SNI (maybe with an update)

I'm talking about proprietary software built on IE <8. Chrome, Firefox, et al, are no longer built on XP, but many embedded (POS, etc) systems are still reliant upon it for many years to come.

Like I said, it probably doesn't affect most cheap VPS providers, but it's still something to be aware of.

• @WSS said:

@MCHPhil said:

@WSS said:

@MCHPhil said:

My understanding is anything newer than XP supports SNI (maybe with an update)

I'm talking about proprietary software built on IE <8. Chrome, Firefox, et al, are no longer built on XP, but many embedded (POS, etc) systems are still reliant upon it for many years to come.

Like I said, it probably doesn't affect most cheap VPS providers, but it's still something to be aware of.

Could not agree more :)

• WSSWSS Member

So, I should request 2 IPs because I want a nameserver, and an smtp service, and I don't want them both on the same IP just in case one gets flooded but the other might still work, then?

• @WSS said:
    So, I should request 2 IPs because I want a nameserver, and an smtp service, and I don't want them both on the same IP just in case one gets flooded but the other might still work, then?

That's the idea. If your ordering from this deal, you get a /29 by default. If you need an IP on a second subnet just ticket me. I'll get it handled.