Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for an ARIN /22 subnet and a Virginia or NY host.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for an ARIN /22 subnet and a Virginia or NY host.

As mentioned in the title I am looking for a /22 subnet and a host who is willing to announce it for me based in either Virginia (preferably Ashburn) or New York.

Preferably paid on a monthly basis

Thanks
Jake

Comments

• While I'm not a host, almost all hosts will want to know:
    - What is your usage?
    - Are you OK with port 25 being filtered?
    - What specifications do you want for the server?
    - Since you are interested in paying monthly, are you willing to pay a security deposit to deter abuse?
    If you don't supply at least the information above, most hosts won't respond here.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 2017

I can already predict the answers for above.

1. Shoebot
    2. Yes
    3. No

512 IPs for one dedi? Has to be a shoebot or scrapebox.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • WSSWSS Member

No, 1024 IPs in a /22. You're thinking of a /23.

edited March 2017

Yes, my bad. Still even worse.. thats IP-range a typical medium scale host might purchase.

Other than buying 1 pair of shoes per ip or email spam, I cant figure why someone would need so much ips on single machine.. then again, the Nike servers are close to that loc. lol

• WSSWSS Member

Yep.

• @stefeman said:
    I can already predict the answers for above.

1. Shoebot
    2. Yes
    3. No

While I tend to agree with your logic, I don't see any direct evidence showing this to be the case.
    If OP can't answer the questions I posed, it makes the use fairly definitive.

• From his previous thread @ https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/98583/recommendations-for-hosting-for-proxy-servers

jakelmills said: The reason I want them all in the same location is because I want them for a bot to buy limited clothing

• How much does a /22 usually cost per month to rent ?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@KeKe said:
    How much does a /22 usually cost per month to rent ?

$90/m per /24 is common.

Francisco

Thanked by 1ScammerProut
  • Almost correct

Shoe bot - Yes
    Port 25 Blocked - Yes
    Safety deposit - Also yes

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2017

@jakelmills said:
    Almost correct

Shoe bot - Yes
    Port 25 Blocked - Yes

I'm curious, why do so many people do this? Is it a case a-la ticketmaster where all the actual shoes/tickets get bought up immediately after release by bots/ticket resale sites, then everyone who wants shoes/tickets has to pay a premium to the third party seller?

Probably more surprising to me is that people will want to pay a premium on top of already expensive shoes...

edited March 2017

@jackb said:

@jakelmills said:
    Almost correct

Shoe bot - Yes
    Port 25 Blocked - Yes

I'm curious, why do so many people do this?

If you pay 3 USD per IP and 300 USD per shoe, then resell those shoes in amazon 1000€/each, you make almost 700 USD profit per shoe.

After that, you typically dump the ips after a month and move to next ones, which is why they never want yearly contract.

Limited stuff sells pretty well.

• @stefeman said:

@jackb said:

@jakelmills said:
    Almost correct

Shoe bot - Yes
    Port 25 Blocked - Yes

If you pay 3 USD per IP and 300 USD per shoe, then resell those shoes in amazon 1000€/each, you make almost 700 USD profit per shoe.

After that, you typically dump the ips after a month and move to next ones, which is why they never want yearly contract.

I don't dump the IPs but you're pretty much right, limited sneakers sell for much more tan you'd expect. The people who typically dump the IPa are usually the ones who buy from a provider rather than make their own.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@jakelmills said:

@stefeman said:

@jackb said:

@jakelmills said:
    Almost correct

Shoe bot - Yes
    Port 25 Blocked - Yes

I don't dump the IPs but you're pretty much right, limited sneakers sell for much more tan you'd expect. The people who typically dump the IPa are usually the ones who buy from a provider rather than make their own.

But what use are the IPs to you once they've been blocked? I doesn't seem logical that you would continue to pay for them if they can't generate you money.

edited March 2017

@trewq said:

@jakelmills said:

@stefeman said:

@jackb said:

@jakelmills said:
    Almost correct

Shoe bot - Yes
    Port 25 Blocked - Yes

But what use are the IPs to you once they've been blocked? I doesn't seem logical that you would continue to pay for them if they can't generate you money.

They will work again for the next product.. A normal person can buy two different limited products over time, so whats the use of banning a recurring customers from ever buying limited items again.. They only allow 1 unit of the specific item per one IP.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@stefeman said:

@trewq said:

@jakelmills said:

@stefeman said:

@jackb said:

@jakelmills said:
    Almost correct

Shoe bot - Yes
    Port 25 Blocked - Yes

They will work again for the next product.. A normal person can buy two different limited products over time, so whats the use of banning a recurring customers from ever buying limited items again.. They only allow 1 unit of the specific item per one IP.

Ah, I'm with you. My impression was once they detected your range was a bot they blocked you from the site completely.

• @trewq said:

@stefeman said:

@trewq said:

@jakelmills said:

@stefeman said:

@jackb said:

@jakelmills said:
    Almost correct

Shoe bot - Yes
    Port 25 Blocked - Yes

Ah, I'm with you. My impression was once they detected your range was a bot they blocked you from the site completely.

If you put same info and delivery address for all orders, they will likely ban the entire AS from ever ordering again.

• First of all all I have multiple payment methods that I use and also even if the IPs are banned from one site there are multiple that they are used for.

• bryycebbryyceb Member
    edited March 2017

@stefeman said:

@trewq said:

@jakelmills said:

@stefeman said:

@jackb said:

@jakelmills said:
    Almost correct

Shoe bot - Yes
    Port 25 Blocked - Yes

hey man Im in the same boat of finding a subnet or vps for making proxies lol. Im just curious on what your going to do with the proxies once there banned. Because once there banned, there banned. Its not like they unban you for another release

• YuraYura Member

LowEndBotsTalk

• @bryyceb said:

@stefeman said:

@trewq said:

@jakelmills said:

@stefeman said:

@jackb said:

@jakelmills said:
    Almost correct

Shoe bot - Yes
    Port 25 Blocked - Yes

hey man Im in the same boat of finding a subnet or vps for making proxies lol. Im just curious on what your going to do with the proxies once there banned. Because once there banned, there banned. Its not like they unban you for another release

Only if they are banned.. if you buy 1 unit per IP, and don't get them blacklisted, the same IPs can be used for the next release, which is why I suspect the OP is "supposedly" keeping them.

• IPv4 space in the ARIN region is cheaper than RIPE, so the price you can estimate is around 80$ per /24 per month, however, for a /22 there might be a discounted aggregated price for around 300$/mo.

Did you also think about getting APNIC/RIPE space and then anycast it ( so that there is no policy breach ), as that might be cheaper for you.

• @florianb said:
    IPv4 space in the ARIN region is cheaper than RIPE, so the price you can estimate is around 80$ per /24 per month, however, for a /22 there might be a discounted aggregated price for around 300$/mo.

Did you also think about getting APNIC/RIPE space and then anycast it ( so that there is no policy breach ), as that might be cheaper for you.

Hm that's strange, while searching for ARIN subnets I found much higher prices than I'm currently paying for RIPE ones.

No I haven't thought about that at all, thanks for the suggestion though I'll look into it.

• @stefeman said:

@bryyceb said:

@stefeman said:

@trewq said:

@jakelmills said:

@stefeman said:

@jackb said:

@jakelmills said:
    Almost correct

Shoe bot - Yes
    Port 25 Blocked - Yes

Only if they are banned.. if you buy 1 unit per IP, and don't get them blacklisted, the same IPs can be used for the next release, which is why I suspect the OP is "supposedly" keeping them.

The thing is though when you have a bot you have usually 100 tasks and then you load like how many you want in this other spot. The tasks are one little person or lets say computer trying to checkout and the company might realize, "oh thats a bot and they are having too much requests at our website" so they ban you. He might be saying that once that proxy is banned on one site, use it at another.

• @bryyceb said:

@stefeman said:

@bryyceb said:

@stefeman said:

@trewq said:

@jakelmills said:

@stefeman said:

@jackb said:

@jakelmills said:
    Almost correct

Shoe bot - Yes
    Port 25 Blocked - Yes

The thing is though when you have a bot you have usually 100 tasks and then you load like how many you want in this other spot. The tasks are one little person or lets say computer trying to checkout and the company might realize, "oh thats a bot and they are having too much requests at our website" so they ban you. He might be saying that once that proxy is banned on one site, use it at another.

Exactly, there are a large number of sites that I use proxies for so being banned on one wouldn't be a huge deal. Plus if you're responsible with the proxies then the bans are less common than people seem to think

• AmitzAmitz Member

From the rules:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/91400/lowendtalk-community-rules

Just to be clear - that list of subjects includes traffic exchange, botnets, subnets so you can barrage sneaker companies in search of the latest tennis shoes, as well as anything that might cause headaches for a hosting provider. Provider lives matter.

Topic closed.

Thanked by 1ucxo
This discussion has been closed.