Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage Server for Images
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage Server for Images

Hi, i need 1 server to store images of my website.

what i need is,
4TB Disk / 8-16Gb Ram / CPU is any as long not atom / 10TB bandwidth (min) / 1 IPv4

location preferable is in west coast or US, but open.

Ddos not necessary, its private access kind of cdn.

would need to be a reputable provider and min 2 year in business.

what my best option. thanks

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

OVH / Hetzner / Online - holy trinity.

• @LTniger said:
    OVH / Hetzner / Online - holy trinity.

any cheaper one, mr. el cheapo here... :'(

• TravTrav Member

Those are probably your best options at the cheapest price points unfortunately.

• That's the cheapest other than possibly slot hosting where you buy a HDD up front. Those are all EU providers also. US will cost more.

Check on dacentec.com though, sometimes you can get lucky.

Thanked by 1andiklive
  • RizRiz Member

@qps might work for you. I found an E3 w/16G @ $40/mo special, + $10 for a 3TB drive. (perhaps reach out to them to see if they have 4TB available?)
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/107778/quickpacket-los-angeles-xeon-e3-1270-40-per-month

This would get you a server in LA at least, unlike every provider mentioned above.

Thanked by 2qps andiklive
  • WholesaleInternet is probably your best bet.

• WSSWSS Member

@doughmanes said:
    WholesaleInternet is probably your best bet.

I know for a fact that some HP Core2Duos will read and boot EFI/GPT just fine, so he might be able to get one of those $10 hosts and throw a couple hundred on the drive. :D

• I've requested 4TB drives from qps in the past. It depends on stock and they'll order them if they're out of stock but this was in Atlanta.

Thanked by 1qps
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Riz said: @qps might work for you. I found an E3 w/16G @ $40/mo special, + $10 for a 3TB drive. (perhaps reach out to them to see if they have 4TB available?) https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/107778/quickpacket-los-angeles-xeon-e3-1270-40-per-month

This would get you a server in LA at least, unlike every provider mentioned above.

Thanks - yes - we can do 4TB drives (or larger if desired). We don't list them on the order form because of lack of demand, but we can get them in a few days if we don't have them in stock.

Thanked by 2willie andiklive
  • Ask @cociu if he still does slot hosting. Last I remember he was pretty damn cheap.

• doughmanes said:
    WholesaleInternet is probably your best bet.

thanks for suggestion, is same company as nocix right? i think will not go there.

WSS said:
    I know for a fact that some HP Core2Duos will read and boot EFI/GPT just fine, so he might be able to get one of those $10 hosts and throw a couple hundred on the drive. :D

well said, i consider it as suggestion :P

willie said:
    That's the cheapest other than possibly slot hosting where you buy a HDD up front. Those are all EU providers also. US will cost more.

Check on dacentec.com though, sometimes you can get lucky.

got my lucky, yesterday i check dacentec and see available config. thanks