Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest .download registration?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest .download registration?

Hello,

Anyone knows where I can register a .download TLD? I've seen wildly varying prices. Also, would prefer a multi-year registration rather than a promotional year, after which price could be anything..

Thanks.

Comments

• ashkulzashkulz Member
    edited March 2017

I'm seeing $543 with tagline "premium registration" for a 3-letter domain name. What does that mean?

• advarisk said: premium registration

Premium registrations are the domain that are already bought squatted by someone else and made available for sale.

Sometimes registry reserves it and makes it a premium domain.

• YuraYura Member

@advarisk said:
    I'm seeing $543 with tagline "premium registration" for a 3-letter domain name. What does that mean?

It means you have to pay $543 to register it. Premium domains vary from TLD to TLD, and site to site. In some instances all short domain names are marked up.

• @MrKaruppu said:
    Sometimes registry reserves it and makes it a premium domain.

Looks like this, as it's not registered as per WHOIS. That's way too outside my budget :-)

• advarisk said: Looks like this, as it's not registered as per WHOIS. That's way too outside my budget :-)

So it's the second case. registry might have reserved it.

• WSSWSS Member

Go for .party, then.

• I have a service which allows download of public data from a government website (3-letter acronym), hence was looking to get tla.download -- now getting tla-country.download for $13 at porkbun instead.

• advarisk said: now getting...

thanks for the advice, nobody cares...

• @dedicados said:
    thanks for the advice, nobody cares...

It's my thread, and I'm replying to @WSS suggestion to get a .party domain instead.

• meh

• WSSWSS Member

@dedicados said:
    meh

I do hope @advarisk is getting $tld-mitm-totallylegit.download

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • Alpnames

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • WSSWSS Member

@vishalpatelz said:
    Alpnames

I keep thinking of you as "Visual Patel", and then my broken bran skips into this:

• here : http://viid.me/qQsTNg

.download in just 2.29 usd

• RurikoRuriko Member
    edited March 2017

$0.69USD/yr at alpnames.com and for 10yrs $9.60USD

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho