Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I forgot the name of a provider... - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I forgot the name of a provider...

2»

Comments

• @Freek said: @justinb Does there even exist an 10 domain free version of Plesk? Afaik only a 1 domain free version exists.

1 is free in general, 10 is free or literally €0,01.

The 100/unlimited domain plesk is more similar to cpanel pricing.

• @yomero Because I like high speeds :) Still, not having Debian 5/6 32-bit is worse.
    On the other hand, Comsitec restricts alot about what's allowed. But again, we'll see what their answer is on the bandwidth thingy. (Not that I'm planning of using 5TB+ but It's good to know what's behind this logic).

@justinb 10 is 11,99 a month:
    http://comsitec.de/index.php?cat=c56_Software-Licence.html&XTCsid=c72c778fe4546558db6fd44241140de2

• FreekFreek Member
    edited January 2012

In regard to the 'unmetered traffic': Traffic is unmetered under FUP, however is capped by default at 4.88TB. If you want/need more traffic, just open a ticket and explain why you're using/need so much traffic and if it's a valid reason (nothing illegal), they'll add more traffic to your account.

About the OS templates: They use 64 bit machines and therefore cannot offer 32 bit templates?? How about that 32 bit CentOS template then... I don't get it.

• Their traffic policy looks quite reasonable to me. Their template explanation is crap tho :D

• 32Bit OS templates on a '64bit machine' is possible, right?

• @Freek said: 32Bit OS templates on a '64bit machine' is possible, right?

Of course, that's how it works with all the hosts.

• @Freek said: I don't want to offend any Germans out there, but the average German tends to have bad English language skills, because virtually everything is also available or translated into to German, so I'm not surprised.

I'm German and speaking three foreign languages(including english). So it's hard to generalize 82 million people :P

• japonjapon Member
    edited January 2012

@Freek said: but the average German tends to have bad English language skills

Why should they use another language when their language produces the forth most successful GNP in the world?

• @japon said: Why should they use another language when their language produces the forth most successful GNP in the world?

Heh, funny it's stated in United States Dollars.

• @yomero They now installed Debian 6 and Ubuntu 10.04 32Bit for me but they URGE me to use the 64bit variant. I don't get it

@Christian I said the average German. Also the younger generation tends to have better English skills.

@Japon That's what I'm trying to say/.