Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Someone use whmcs currency bug to order products without pay. What should I do?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Someone use whmcs currency bug to order products without pay. What should I do?

We found someone order products and he didn't pay for it.

After we change his configuration and he said we must provide him for free.

Did anyone meet this trouble and how to slove it?

Comments

• Hmmm. Last week my front door's lock was faulty. In the meantime someone found out and got into my house. Now he demands that I must provide him free lodging and food too!

What should I do?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2017

Is it a bug or was the product set to free?

Either way you don't HAVE to provide anyone with anything that they didn't pay for. Especially if you never advertised it or made any effort to offer it, and they never saw any terms relating to a free product. If they saw free, that doesn't mean they saw a mutual agreement not to cancel it.

• @Kobian said:
    Hmmm. Last week my front door's lock was faulty. In the meantime someone found out and got into my house. Now he demands that I must provide him free lodging and food too!

What should I do?

Kick him out of the room. lol

• @jarland said:
    Is it a bug or was the product set to free?

Either way you don't HAVE to provide anyone with anything that they didn't pay for. Especially if you never advertised it or made any effort to offer it, and they never saw any terms relating to a free product. If they saw free, that doesn't mean they saw a mutual agreement not to cancel it.

No, it isn't free. Update the currency and the price became to $0/annually.

• Offer a good will gesture of a small discount create the invoice and state if payment is not reviewed within period of time service will be suspended / terminated.

• WHMCS seems to have currency issues,faced quite a few when ordering from @AshleyUk for storage VPS

• ArchArch Member

Suspend the service for non-receipt of payment and politely ticket the customer informing them the service will be unsuspended once the invoices are paid in full.

Is this even a question =\

Thanked by 2doughmanes netomx
  • Suspend for non-payment. I'll break his legs for 50% of the debt

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Inb4 paypal dispute.... hahahahaha

• @netomx said:

He theoretically can't do a paypal dispute as he never bought a server with paypal in the first place

• Yeah, I faced a similar issue. It's a bug where if you haven't created a price for a product in a particular currency (for example, if you have multiple currencies defined in your whmcs like USD/EUR/GBP but there is a product whose prices are defined only for USD and GBP), if someone orders that product after changing the currency to the not defined one (EUR in this case) , it will show the price as 0€.

So either remove the currency or put EUR prices for all products.

Thanked by 1GamerTech24
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@ethancedrik said:

@netomx said:

He theoretically can't do a paypal dispute as he never bought a server with paypal in the first place

it was a joke, man

• @LizCat Beat the moocher up.

Thanked by 3deadbeef saf31 nulldev
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2017

He knew what he was doing, when confronted he demanded free service... terminate, close account, ban IP, add to fraud record, done.

You have absolutely nothing to gain from a relationship with that client.

• Add them to fraud lists, for extra sauce.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

There's a bit of an urban myth in the US that if a store has a TV accidentally priced at 99 cents instead of $999, you get it for 99 cents. However, it's actually governed by state law (so every state is different) and many states have "good faith, accidental mistake" provisions for merchants.

LizCat said: After we change his configuration and he said we must provide him for free.

Say no. What's he going to do - sue you?

BTW, where is this customer from? I'm guessing he's not jumping on his personal jet to fly in from Malaysia to meet you in small claims court.

AnthonySmith said: You have absolutely nothing to gain from a relationship with that client.

Indeed, you should simply say he's not the kind of customer you want and close his account.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • He's clearly trying it on, politely tell him to 'jog on'

• @raindog308 said:
    There's a bit of an urban myth in the US that if a store has a TV accidentally priced at 99 cents instead of $999, you get it for 99 cents. However, it's actually governed by state law (so every state is different) and many states have "good faith, accidental mistake" provisions for merchants.

LizCat said: After we change his configuration and he said we must provide him for free.

Say no. What's he going to do - sue you?

BTW, where is this customer from? I'm guessing he's not jumping on his personal jet to fly in from Malaysia to meet you in small claims court.

AnthonySmith said: You have absolutely nothing to gain from a relationship with that client.

Indeed, you should simply say he's not the kind of customer you want and close his account.

DDoS come to our network for several hours. So sad.

IMG_0849.PNG
    IMG_0851.PNG

He came from China, the same as us. For the Chinese quality of despair. Sometimes I agree do not provide anything to Chinese, if you cannot make them satisfied, they will ask for refund or DDoS you. So sad today.

Thanked by 3Yura netomx Xeniox