Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching a server in UK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching a server in UK

Hello,

i'm Searching a server in UK (a must) with Config & Price like in OVH

so it's like a E3 , 32Gb RAM , SSD , 500 mbit guarrantee

Budget like 80 $

I need list of hosting which offer such service in UK (PS : 500 mbit , not 5 tb or so..)

Regards

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

500 Mbot/s unmetered, dedicated is your requirement ?

• TomzTomz Member
    edited February 2017

Yes exactly 500 mbit unmetred , it's not sure that i will use it 100% but i may reach it like in OVH

Network connection : 1 Gbps

Bandwidth OVH to OVH : 1 Gbps

Bandwidth OVH/Internet : 500 Mbps

Bandwidth Internet/OVH : 1 Gbps

• It's going to cost a lot more in the UK.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • northhostsnorthhosts Member
    edited February 2017

You won't get that in the UK. Your budget is far too low. £500 per month should cover it.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • TomzTomz Member
    edited February 2017

btw Dominik@Clouvider , i'm already a client of your company , but the 10 TB Traffic is very limited for me

Regards

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @Tomz said:
    btw Dominik@Clouvider , i'm already a client of your company , but the 10 TB Traffic is very limited for me

Regards

Most uk providers will provide 10TB or will limit you to a low port speed none of which will suit your need, and OVH is not unlimited as they say as they will limit your port speed once you hit a certain amount and i cant tell you what that is off the top of my head, We charge £25 per 10TB and i would consider that cheap in the UK that being said i dont know what @clouvider prices are for bandwidth but they have a diverse network so can imagine it would be around the same or more

Thanked by 2Tomz Clouvider
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2017

So you want someone to pre commit to 140TB - 150TB (rough number) with their carrier for $80 ?

Just putting that there for context, often when people see real numbers, the response is; "oh no I would never use more than 25TB" which is quite different.

If you really do want to burn 140TB - 150TB in a month then you yourself need to start charging more for whatever service you are running because if it only affords you a budget of $80 in the UK for that much traffic then its about to fair because that wont happen.

If you do find someone that offers it, be very suspicious.

Anyway for the record, this is not supposed to be a dig, I wish you the best of luck.

Thanked by 3Infinity Clouvider ehab
  • i'm not Asking for Level 3 bandwidth and 98% of bandwidth will be used in UK

so i'm not asking Asian or Australia bandwidth...

Congetco and/or Hurricane Electric is Ok for me

• Speak to iomart but I doubt even they would go that cheap.

Thanked by 1Tomz
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Tomz said:
    i'm not Asking for Level 3 bandwidth and 98% of bandwidth will be used in UK

so i'm not asking Asian or Australia bandwidth...

Congetco and/or Hurricane Electric is Ok for me

No idea bout HE but Cogent certainly wouldn't even hit $80 for 500Mbit guaranteed unless you have an existing very large commit maybe, that's not even counting any hardware, cooling, power, security, DC techs, support, or profit..

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2017

well i just found this while doing some googling:

https://www.bandwidth.co.uk/dedicated-servers

They have an unmetered server for what works out to $75

if you go for it be sure to report back :)

edit: I meant $75 not £

Thanked by 1Tomz
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2017

Peering at LINX isn't free either. It costs about your budget for the port speed you require alone. That's assuming you're in an expensive datacentre like Telehouse where LINX has a node (so you don't need to pay for backhaul).

In regards to Cogent or HE, Cogent charges about 150% of your budget for connectivity alone.

On top of it there's equipment, power and space cost. This is not going to fly on guaranteed basis I'm afraid in the UK, unless someone committed too much and tries to recover looses, but then you probably shouldn't go with such provider either.

Best of luck though, fingers crossed, you might get lucky :-)

Thanked by 1Tomz
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    well i just found this while doing some googling:

https://www.bandwidth.co.uk/dedicated-servers

They have an unmetered server for what works out to £75

if you go for it be sure to report back :)

Very interesting indeed , i appreciate it

Hope someone have/got any feedback on it ?