Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Cheaper Singapore VPS Than Linode?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Cheaper Singapore VPS Than Linode?

hi, just want to know if any cheaper singapore vps provider ? it seem they have too good offer for vps in singapore

1 GB RAM
1 CPU Core
20 GB SSD Storage
1 TB Transfer
For $5

Comments

• Vultr has SG. You can do your own price comparisons.

• AFAIK no.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2017

DO and Vultr also have an $5 offer and Singapore locations, but they have 512 and 768 MB RAM correspondingly. Depends on if you need the extra RAM of 1GB Linode, which is often not really the case.

Thanked by 1merkurius
  • williewillie Member
    edited February 2017

Lowendspirit was in Singapore for a while but had to bail because of DC issues. Here's some Oneprovider vps:

http://oneprovider.com/onecloud/ssd-virtual-servers

Not remarkable but maybe worth knowing about.

• JarylWJarylW Member
    edited February 2017

One that doesn't have shit network? None

• HostUS?

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • SGD 8.00 for 1GB RAM + 40GB SSD in Leaseweb.

Thanked by 1Dazzle
  • try Leaseweb

• leaseweb

• lowenddream.com ?

• Gigsgigscloud has Singapore KVM.

• JarylW said: One that doesn't have shit network? None

sh*t to where?

• @tmwc said:
    HostUS?

HostUs is $6.45/mo for 1GB RAM/50 TB SSD
    There's $8/mo for 2GB RAM/70 TB SSD though

• @wwabbit said:

@tmwc said:
    HostUS?

HostUs is $6.45/mo for 1GB RAM/50 TB SSD
    There's $8/mo for 2GB RAM/70 TB SSD though

50 and 70 Tb :o

• thanks all for reply it help me a lot

• @sibaper said:

JarylW said: One that doesn't have shit network? None

sh*t to where?

To Singapore . Doubt that regional would be much better tbh

• @abangnoob said:
    leaseweb

I visited the leaseweb. But I could not select the deploying region of the VPS.Anyone can solve my problem? Thank you very much.

• Digital Ocean. $5

• @mrmoor said:
    Digital Ocean. $5

linode is cheaper than do

• vultr has $2,5

• moonmartinmoonmartin Member
    edited March 2017

@abangnoob said:
    leaseweb

Oh dog please don't. Their US support is terrible. I can't imagine how much worse it would be in SG. Only place I would recommend Leaseweb is Europe where all their network ops people are.

• sinsin Member

@moonmartin said:

@abangnoob said:
    leaseweb

Oh dog please don't. Their US support is terrible. I can't imagine how much worse it would be in SG. Only place I would recommend Leaseweb is Europe where all their network ops people are.

I've had nothing but great experiences with their US support.

• ArchArch Member

Doesn't AWS have a year free with a Singapore location? Idk if that counts.

• @liamcyruslol said:
    Doesn't AWS have a year free with a Singapore location? Idk if that counts.

Once you use more than what they allocate under "free tier" you'd have a bad time paying for overages :(

@sin said:

@moonmartin said:

@abangnoob said:
    leaseweb

Just know that their SG support isn't equalavant to US support, it's legit bad lol. However, if you do not care about customer support, their network here is decent enough with decent pings and rather high throughput (compared to DO)

Thanked by 1sin
  • @JarylW said:
    One that doesn't have shit network? None

^ true enough, unless one is willing to pay to get something from OneAsiaHost (SG.GS), which is pretty decent... any host running on NewMedia Express (AS38001) would be decent too, with their diverse mix of upstreams especially.

Linode, DO, Vultr and HostUS can't really win on the network, their pricing is decent though.

edited March 2017

@sin said:

@moonmartin said:

@abangnoob said:
    leaseweb

Please elaborate. How many times? What datacenters? What were the problems? What plans do you have? How long did it take to fix? How did you try contact them? What time of day?

Maybe they are ok if you have their premium plans with 1hour support response. Also, some US datacenters are probably better than others. Like maybe ones to where their US support is based. As far as I know all network ops is based in Amsterdam so anything related to that is going to be that much slower of a response.

Most people probably don't realize that their regular plan (the only one that is competitive with alternatives) is up to 24hour response. If you have a server that goes down in a US datacenter on Friday afternoon. Too bad. You could be down for 24 hours. I learned the hard way. More than once because I could not move away from them fast enough to have it happen twice. Will never trust my business to them again.

Also, all support tickets go through Amsterdam. Then it gets forwarded to someone in the US eventually...maybe. Everything is done by remote hands in the US. At least in the datacenters I am in. So you never are able to contact the actual person doing the work. It always goes through at least one other person, sometimes 2. Often someone who is not a native english speaker.

• sinsin Member
    edited March 2017

@moonmartin said:

@sin said:

@moonmartin said:

@abangnoob said:
    leaseweb

Please elaborate. How many times? What datacenter? What was the problem? What plan do you have? How long did it take? How did you try contact them? What time of day?

I've had 8+ VPSes of various plans and a baremetal at WDC01. I've contacted support at various times through ticket (with things such as getting network routing fixed, replacing harddrives, a VPS down to host kernel issues, ipv6 assignment,etc). Every single issue was handled fast and support has always been super nice.Hell they even sent me a care package with shirts, stickers, pens, and a handwritten thank you note.

I'm not saying their support doesn't suck at their other locations (I don't know haven't used their other areas) but for Manassas and Netherlands they've been great for me. I'm sorry that you had bad experiences with them, I was just stating that I've been very happy with the support they have given me especially when I don't spend a ton with them.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • moonmartin said: Maybe you should get yourself a SG server and tell us about how great they are.

I had their SG server, over a year. I run some wordpress, icecast and mail server, B/W usage 1-2 TB/month

Cant comment on their support, since I never contact support had problem.

edited March 2017

@sin said:

@moonmartin said:

@sin said:

@moonmartin said:

@abangnoob said:
    leaseweb

Please elaborate. How many times? What datacenter? What was the problem? What plan do you have? How long did it take? How did you try contact them? What time of day?

I've had 8+ VPSes of various plans and a baremetal at WDC01. I've contacted support at various times through ticket (with things such as getting network routing fixed, replacing harddrives, a VPS down to host kernel issues, ipv6 assignment,etc). Every single issue was handled fast and support has always been super nice.Hell they even sent me a care package with shirts, stickers, pens, and a handwritten thank you note.

I'm not saying their support doesn't suck at their other locations (I don't know haven't used their other areas) but for Manassas and Netherlands they've been great for me. I'm sorry that you had bad experiences with them, I was just stating that I've been very happy with the support they have given me especially when I don't spend a ton with them.

I think their US support is based in Virginia. Also WDC01 may have their own people there. I got network ops emails about WDC01 once in awhile. Not about any of the DC's I was in though.

I am not talking about Netherlands. You are trying to lump that in. Netherlands support may as well be a completely different company. I am only talking US.

I have dealt with several providers and they were probably one of the worst. Not only that but I had to pay a premium for their service to get the worst support. What a deal.

I haven't even mentioned the worst story. How they decided it was ok to take my server offline for close to 2 hours during business hours so they could upgrade some stuff in their datacenter. They couldn't even be bothered to wait till after hours. It was maintenance related so no excuse. They didn't even bother to contact me about it. Cost me a bunch of customers.