Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help setting email business
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help setting email business

DolingoDolingo Member
edited February 2013 in General

I've an email server running for several of my clients for more than a year now. Basically it is "postfix + dovecot + mysql", and in a different machine "horde" webmail.
I would like to implement an automate email account creation, including integrated mail password management, billing, etc.
From the threads on this forum it seems that HostBill + FreeRadius would be the way to go.

Is this correct or I need something else/different?
Do you have any experience in a similar setup?

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

WHMCS+ModulesGarden+Rackspace

• jhjh Member

I don't think anyone's going to pay for a single-server email account.

• You can take a look at http://modoboa.org/

• Try Zarafa + Z-push

• @hyao said: You can take a look at http://modoboa.org/

from their website :
    Modoboa is not (yet) a ready-to-use software. There are some steps to follow before this wonderful tool can be used but don't be afraid, many resources are available to help you.

• It doesn't mean it can't be used for production :)

The setup is just a little bit manual.

• Whats wrong with PAM? Postfix --> Dovecot --> PAM (and PAM --> OpenLDAP/Radius)?

• @tonio said: It doesn't mean it can't be used for production :)

The setup is just a little bit manual.

but remember if something goes wrong, you may need to fix it your self. (lost data, security hole, etc)

• I think it is true for each open source software. There is still a risk but I don't think it should stop us to try such software :)

• Currently it is a single server but the plan is to make it redundant.

"Modoboa" looks good (currently using "PostfixAdmin") I need to test it.

The integration with WHMCS is the more difficunt part for me. May be @shovenose sudgestion is the answer: Pay for a custom solution to someone like ModulesGarden.

Thank you for your ideas.

• @shovenose said: WHMCS+ModulesGarden+Rackspace

Indeed our Rackspace Email Extended For WHMCS does the job. Thanks for the mention.