Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1gb vps price less then 15usd?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1gb vps price less then 15usd?

st0rm911st0rm911 Member
edited December 2011 in Providers

Do you know any reliable provider that provide 1 gb vps less then 15 USD?
I know about Hostigation at 10usd(cpanel 12usd) ,Buyvm 12.95usd.

Any cpanel license provider less then 14 usd?
Licensecube,licensepal sale at 15 usd.

Comments

• jenokjenok Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2011

never saw any cpanel license provider offer less than $15/month and I doubt you will found it

• @st0rm911 said:

Do you know any reliable provider that provide 1 gb vps less then 15 USD?

Yes, I do.

• @st0rm911 said: Any cpanel license provider less then 14 usd?

BuyVM has a deal with some license distributor for $13 I think, and I offer for $10, $11 on KVM.

• What location are you seeking?

• @breton said: Yes, I do.

whats your current offer.link please.

@miTgiB said: BuyVM has a deal with some license distributor for $13 I think, and I offer for $10, $11 on KVM.

buyvm $13 for cpanel?

hostigation offer 10USD for cpanel? :)

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited December 2011

@st0rm911

? cpanel
     [cpanel]: At this time we do not provide direct cPanel licenses.   
    If you wish to purchase an external license, we've teamed with  https://client.instantcpanellicense.com to include a $2.00/m discount on all orders.  
    Please use the coupon 'FrantechVps'

Sure looks like $13/mo to me after viewing the distributor site.

I offer internal licenses at Hostigation for $10, $11 if for KVM.

• @miTgiB said: Please use the coupon 'FrantechVps'

IF i buy,i will buy from you,you are cheapest ;)

• Many providers have cPanel for under 15.00

We sell external licenses for 14.95 / Month and it Includes WHMXtra & Trendy flash licenses. (just for note, it's not self promotion).

• 1gb vps price less then 15usd? -> Our "Level 2" have 1.5GB for 16.99 USD/month

• I think that BurstNET is the best choice unless you need IRC. They're around since 1996 so I'm pretty sure that they won't hit dead pool any time soon.

• @xenu said: I think that BurstNET is the best choice unless you need IRC. They're around since 1996 so I'm pretty sure that they won't hit dead pool any time soon.

BURST!!!! Oh no :(.. they :
    accidently delete vps
    delete vps for later payement if someone forget
    Hear Extreme oversold vps
    for more bad review search in WHT :(

• @st0rm911 said: delete vps for later payement if someone forget

Umnm, everyone does this one within 10 days

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited January 2012

I once saw a website at lowendbox, that had free cPanel when you ordered 6 months or more
    That had around 1.5GB ram was was around 15 dollars

I don't know the website anymore

• @joodle said: I once saw a website at lowendbox, that had free cPanel when you ordered 6 months or more

I don't know the website anymore

Maybe it was Virpus?

• Yeah it was Virpus, they changed stuff now as i'm looking at their website

But you can still get DirectAdmin for free when you buy 6 months

• @joodle said: But you can still get DirectAdmin for free when you buy 6 months

>

@joodle said: I once saw a website at lowendbox, that had free cPanel when you ordered 6 months or more

• JeffreyJeffrey Member
    edited January 2012

I have an OpenVZ VPS with 1GB Ram, 2GB Burst for only $10.00 from http://urpad.net. It also has 100GB HDD and 1TB Bandwidth

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited January 2012

Just saw an offer on WHT, 3GB, 250GB HDD, 5TB BW, 8 - 16 Cores, Free cPanel and the price is $120/first year :O :O :O

• @giang said: Just saw an offer on WHT, 3GB, 250GB HDD, 5TB BW, 8 - 16 Cores, Free cPanel and the price is $120/first year :O :O :O

IPAP? :o

• @st0rm911 I would recommend vServerCenter: http://www.vservercenter.com/vps-hosting-wht

Their normal prices for 1GB KVM is $29.95/m but with the WHT code (the link posted above will redirect you to the current code), it's $9.95/m lifetime. That's with unlimited 10mbps bandwidth.

These are not low end servers but you get them at that price because of the code. I've had nothing but excellent service from them. Ticket response around 5 minutes (I only used it twice though) and 0 downtime since I got my server (3 months now).

Their billing system is fairly antiquated (i.e. they have been in the business for a LONG time) which is kinda annoying because I have to manually make my payments monthly but if you want a solid VPS service, I'd highly recommend them.

@giang said: Just saw an offer on WHT, 3GB, 250GB HDD, 5TB BW, 8 - 16 Cores, Free cPanel and the price is $120/first year :O :O :O

Could be another hidden hole and in the end it will be massive sad story again. What an insane price.

• @vedran said: IPAP? :o

IPAP didn't offer free cPanel :(

@jenok said: Could be another hidden hole and in the end it will be massive sad story again. What an insane price.

For sure, hope they will be list in the dead pool soon ;)

• @tortau that's a pretty impressive deal. any clue on their hosting location and speeds?
    any chance to run this script on it to benchmark:
    http://freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh

• They are located at St. Louis. Datacenter website: http://www.cybercon.com/
    vServerCenter is a division of the company so they're not reselling.

Unixbench (I ran this in Oct): http://pastebin.com/FbX8KciA

I didn't bother with Geekbench because I don't have a license.

xxx@xxx:~$ wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model : QEMU Virtual CPU version 0.9.1
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2394.064 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 972 MB
    Total amount of swap : 995 MB
    System uptime : 96 days, 17:51,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 9.03MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Atlanta GA: 7.80MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Dallas, TX: 9.60MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 3.56MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 6.34MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 5.48MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 2.46MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 8.18MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 6.81MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 8.14MB/s
    I/O speed : 13.5 MB/s

xxx@xxx:~$ sudo ioping -c 100 .

--- . (ext4 /dev/mapper/xxx-root) ioping statistics ---
    100 requests completed in 99168.9 ms, 2150 iops, 8.4 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.3/0.5/0.7/0.1 ms

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • 13.5MB/s I/O speed looks kind of worrisome. How do these numbers compare to all the other I/O tests we see out there with numbers between 50-100MB/s?

@tortau said: I/O speed : 13.5 MB/s

What a frightening result

• Honestly, I'm not entirely sure how this I/O speed thing factors in. I'll admit I've seen insane figures and I've also seen really low figures. Some say it's an inaccurate judgement of things. Someone had said previously that the number can be fiddled on the server side to make things look good. Hence I included the ioping stats which some say is a better judge.

I'm guessing there's some bottleneck here because it's a cloud based VPS but I could be wrong.

However, my iopings test always return a consistent 0.1 ~ 0.7 ms response. What you see posted up there: min/avg/max/mdev = 0.3/0.5/0.7/0.1 ms is the usual state of things. I've tested at least 12+ vps (thanks to Paypal history since I've canceled most) and most jump from 0.1 to 200 and some to 2000+ ms. And everything slows to a crawl. This is the one VPS I have (after 3 months for one of them) that I'm still getting consistent and fast read speeds. Haven't experience a lag with the system unlike for some oversold OVZ systems.

I'm not running a heavy VPS - mainly webhosting and forums with mysql + php + nginx+ varnish - and so far, it works well for me.

My other VMs at BuyVM (uptime's decent but some days, it can be slow and unresponsive for a few minutes - probably someone torrenting), Kiloserve (5+ reboots within the last week and I'm not counting the downtime hours - canceling this weekend), UrgentVPS (2 unscheduled reboots so far and a month back or so, connection to NA was flaky for a bit) have either been slow at times or non-responsive or had unscheduled reboots.

Out of all that, my 2 vps at this company has lasted so far without issues or unscheduled reboots. Heck, the network speeds are great (and they do have a 100% network guarantee though I've no idea how to refute that when something does go wrong >.>). I had a friend in south east asia download a 100mb file from my vps at Kiloserve (west coast) and this one here at vservercenter (east coast) and guess which file download went faster? Hint: It wasn't the west coast one!

Numbers are great but for me and my customers, stability and consistent performance matter far more.

Anyway, this is it from me. I need to stop before I start complaining and making unjust comparisons :)

Just wanted to share my experience on the company and the fact that the OP wanted a recommendation for a 1GB vps for $10/m :)

• CoolinCoolin Member
    edited January 2012

Thanks for the reply tortau. I'm quite interested in this provider myself. The server is supposed to be 10mbit unmetered, but it looks like you're getting 100mbit speeds. I'm guessing they forgot to throttle you? Or maybe it's that SolusVM bug people were talking about.

• @Coolin Huh, I just realized that. Somehow, in my brain, I was computing it to 10MB/sec so the numbers seem about right. Oh well, I hope it stays that way :D