Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[OVH] Multiple VPS with multiple IPs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[OVH] Multiple VPS with multiple IPs

Hi,
I have a simple question, suppose I buy 28 ips from OVH and 4 VPS. Can I use 7 ips/vps without any recurring fees?

Comments

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited February 2017

thats what they say.

Add up to 16 IP addresses with geolocations in the US and Canada. Each IP is billed $3 during installation

and i can confirm you, i added 2 for a SSD VPS, and in the renewal invoice, ips are at $0

• Where they get so many IP addresses

• @victorchacon88 said:
    Where they get so many IP addresses

idk they have a decent amount of IPv4s, they're even using ARIN IPv4s on their Australia and Singapore location for some reason

http://bgp.he.net/AS16276#_prefixes

they're currently the only provider I believe that offers up to 16 additional addresses with no monthly fees and no questions asked. On their dedicated range it's even more crazy, up to 256 IPv4s with no monthly fees, including ARIN IPv4s, no joke. https://www.ovh.com/us/dedicated-servers/free-ips.xml

How long they'll be able to offer this, I don't know. They seem to have gotten their first APNIC IP block so I can only assume they'll be getting more as necessary. The majority of their IPs are from RIPE I believe.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

There has been already one case in the past when they introduced monthly fee for IPs which were previously included for free. Don't expect these to stay free forever.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • jetchiragjetchirag Member
    edited February 2017

@rm_ said:
    There has been already one case in the past when they introduced monthly fee for IPs which were previously included for free. Don't expect these to stay free forever.

Means I cannot trust them for ever. Any rough estimate what was their IP price per month?

• @rm_ I contacted them and they replied that I can keep IPs as long as I wish without any further payment

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2017

Of course NOW they say that. What did you expect? But one day there's a policy change and a per-month fee is introduced. It's not like you own these IPs, you still rent them from OVH. Just that for the moment there's no monthly fee.

Thanked by 1jetchirag