Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

buyshared mysql is down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

buyshared mysql is down

I have a buyshared reseller and it seems like mysql server is down since past few hours
raised the ticket but still haven't received any response

anyone else facing the same issue ??

Comments

• It's weekend, relax!

• I received a reply on my ticket three hours ago saying they were investigating it. Nothing since.

Thanked by 1pavan
  • Which location? Las Vegas?

• @emdad said:
    Which location? Las Vegas?

Luxembourg

• HyperFilter_OfficialHyperFilter_Official Member, Patron Provider

Probably some user is abusing the MySQL resources or there's a hardware failure, @Francisco should get it fixed asap for you. :)

Thanked by 1pavan
  • Well, Though It doesn't Apply to BuyShared , The low cost they have does give them the favor to let them have their time. Having said this :

• They are very very serious about the quality of their service, im sure they would be working on it. These guys dont need LET threads to awake them !
    • This is NOT their Support Ticket and hence, if you have an issue better contact them through email / support / IM etc

Things always go wrong and if you need a service that doesn't go down better pay for it. and if you wanna pay, i'd say still go for BuyVM !

• @pavan said:

@emdad said:
    Which location? Las Vegas?

Luxembourg

Mine is up, maybe I'm on a different server.

This is true @Mridul, but you know, a bit of downtime and people "lose their minds" hehe. Anyways, it'll be surely fixed as they're a responsible company.

• I haven't lost my mind nor I am complaining about their quality of service. Usually I receive the response within minutes this was the first time it has taken so long that's why just little nervous and hoping its not a big issue

edited January 2017

@pavan said:
    I haven't lost my mind nor I am complaining about their quality of service. Usually I receive the response within minutes this was the first time it has taken so long that's why just little nervous and hoping its not a big issue

Heh, I didn't said this in a literal mean, it was just a partial quote from Joker in Batman: The Dark Knight movie, which was : "You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan". Even if the plan is horrifying. If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!", have a nice weekend! :)

Thanked by 1pavan
  • @HyperFilter_Official said:

@pavan said:
    I haven't lost my mind nor I am complaining about their quality of service. Usually I receive the response within minutes this was the first time it has taken so long that's why just little nervous and hoping its not a big issue

Heh, I didn't said this in a literal mean, it was just a partial quote from Joker in Batman: The Dark Knight, which was : "But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!", have a nice weekend! :)

sorry my bad, haven't seen the movie yet :D
    happy weekend cheers :)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Inb4 refugee offer. :p

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Hello,

Sorry about that, we've had a really weird issue where cPanel tries to start 2 copies of MySQL at once and they end up conflicting with eachother. That looks to be the case on this.

You should be all set, I'll check into why cPanel didn't try restarting it when it was down as well. It's possible the cpsrvd removed MYSQL, i'll check in a few.

Francisco

Thanked by 1pavan
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@mikho said:

Those were banned by executive order.

• @mikho said:

Deli who?

Thanked by 2netomx mikho
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Francisco said:
    Hello,

Sorry about that, we've had a really weird issue where cPanel tries to start 2 copies of MySQL at once and they end up conflicting with eachother. That looks to be the case on this.

You should be all set, I'll check into why cPanel didn't try restarting it when it was down as well. It's possible the cpsrvd removed MYSQL, i'll check in a few.

Francisco

Stop using cloudlinux, it's overrated :P

@jarland said:

@Francisco said:
    Hello,

Francisco

Stop using cloudlinux, it's overrated :P

The double starts is a new one so I'm assuming it's something funny from a round of MYSQL updates breaking an init script. My fix is to usually kill off one of the instances and it's going for a few more months or more.

I dunno, for now it's OK again.

Francisco

@Francisco this is probably a bug in cPanel service monitoring, which couldn't see the process properly it seems.

@HyperFilter_Official said:
    @Francisco this is probably a bug in cPanel service monitoring, which couldn't see the process properly it seems.

Yeah, see, I thought the same so on one of our nodes we turned off monitoring but that didn't help. I've been too busy in the states to file a bug report with them but I'll do that this week.

• OFF TOPIC
    Is it possible to setup their shared mysql to be used as a backup slave to a master? To do this; doesn't the configuration file need to be modified? Or does someone else have a solution?

• Earlier this morning, an abusive user on the node ran enough malicious queries to seriously lag and then crash the SQL daemon, interrupting database transactions for the rest of the users on the node. The tech on shift at the time attempted a simple fix, but it was still roughly six hours before another staff member came on and resolved the problem. We're not sure why the night tech neglected to simply call someone in, but we'll be addressing that problem with him, permanently if need be.

Everything should be up and running normally at this time, thank you for your patience and our apologies for the hassle.

I doubt anyone can match Frantech's service so refuge offers or not, if BuyShared deadpools, I'm never buying shared hosting again.

Anyway, shit happens.

No, that'd require us to setup the replication.

Francisco

• any testfile for Luxembourg location ? just want to check the routing from my country.

• Weird that nobody came here saying they are losing millions per minute because of the downtime.

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • Hxxx said:

Weird that nobody came here saying they are losing millions per minute because of the downtime.

This is LET, nobody lost that much. I only lost around $2k a minute while it was down, so it was no big deal.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • Buyshard downtime I lost 15k a minute and I don't have services in LU.

How dare they.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • buyshared mysql being down made me $1.00!!!

(found the money in my pocket which I forgot I put in my pocket before washing my clothes!)

Thanked by 1Dormeo
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

willie said: I only lost around $2k a minute while it was down, so it was no big deal.

LowEndPlaya